Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Unsure if its been mentioned on here yet but Mitch Cleary on "Tradies" said the Dogs havent met with Barrass yet and if he was guessing it would be Hawthorn he heads to. Also when McClure asked about Barrass and Battle Cleary said that he had it up to 85% headed to Hawthorn and that took a hit over the weekend due to a bit of talk out there but he still has him heading to Hawthorn "in the 70s"

said the talk was nothing major just chatter he would stay

Noel- Zero chance. Big Fat Zero that the Eagles are trading Ronny for anything less than 1 first round pick.

We can try as many ways in the world to put together a Christmas stocking full of second round picks and DGB, throw in Harry as well etc etc to make it look attractive but it ain’t happening.

As I said-

Eagles will say they want two picks inside 20.

Hawthorn will say 1 pick inside 20.

Both teams will argue and play it out in the media for 13 days and in the end Hawthorn will add a second round pick and the Eagles will throw a 3rd pick back to us.

Hawks give up pick 10 and pick 28
Hawks receive Ronny and pick 35

Anyway something like that will be how it plays out.
I am surprised that no one has mentioned that they might want a player as well as Pick #1. Someone not getting a regular game at Hawthorn. There are a few candidates and it would improve their side much quicker as the player has already been in the system for a couple of years.

I am surprised that no one has mentioned that they might want a player as well as Pick #1. Someone not getting a regular game at Hawthorn. There are a few candidates and it would improve their side much quicker as the player has already been in the system for a couple of years.
It could simply be a numbers crunch. That list spot being open for draft and MSD might be better for them than taking a guy who isnt getting a game at the level at another club. plus the guys we are talking about likely dont hold huge value anyway

It could simply be a numbers crunch. That list spot being open for draft and MSD might be better for them than taking a guy who isnt getting a game at the level at another club. plus the guys we are talking about likely dont hold huge value anyway
Could be a numbers crunch but I could see them asking for a Ward, HH or Serong. I am not convinced that they have that great a list that they wouldn't shed a player or two. Any of those three would be an upgrade on some of their lower list spots. The Weagles board is not so sanguine about their list.

Could be a numbers crunch but I could see them asking for a Ward, HH or Serong. I am not convinced that they have that great a list that they wouldn't shed a player or two. Any of those three would be an upgrade on some of their lower list spots. The Weagles board is not so sanguine about their list.
they could ask, dont think any of those guys would be on the table

reckon its more likely the players that Hawthorn would be willing to lose would be potentially seen as list cloggers to other teams

this isnt a Ryan Burton for Chad Wingard deal

reckon its more likely the players that Hawthorn would be willing to lose would be potentially seen as list cloggers to other teams

I agree - I don't want to lose any of those three but when you are the seller, you usually make an ambit claim to test the waters so I would not rule it out. The Weagles Board seems to think that that are getting our first and second rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know where the stat is but heard it been talked about by Hoyne from CD a few weeks back that we concede a lot of shots on goal per inside d50.

The good news is that at our best, our game plan concedes a low amount of inside 50s to the opposition, however, because it's often on the turnover, we do concede a lot of scores in this way. You saw in the last quarter on Sunday GWS kicked 7 goals from 13 inside 50s.

Getting one of the best stoppers in the league would allow us to keep playing to our strengths with the insurance of having someone who is going to lockdown the oppositions best forwards. Seems a no-brainer to me.
Is Barrass a "Stopper" or a lockdown KPD?
I don't see that as his strength.

He's not Brian Lake II.

Luke Hodge thinks that Jack Lukosius of the Suns is definitely getable this year and would not only improve but also cause havoc in a side such as Hawthorn playing as a third tall. Thoughts?

Luke Hodge thinks that Jack Lukosius of the Suns is definitely getable this year and would not only improve but also cause havoc in a side such as Hawthorn playing as a third tall. Thoughts?

We need a full forward who does the tough stuff and crashes packs, not a flaky third tall with no appetite for the contest.

We need a full forward who does the tough stuff and crashes packs, not a flaky third tall with no appetite for the contest.
Agree.

But we also need to replace gunner with a mobile skillful 3rd tall type.

He is too talented to completely ignore.

Soft players have played in premiership teams inc. ours.

Let’s hope it isn’t a Chad Wingard deal if they what it to be hopefully we walk.

I would prefer to add a player to dilute the draft capital we give for barrass. This is a deep draft there are good especially KP types that will be available in the 20s and 30s.
We have to look at mids and backs and appreciate that we may be overstocked in those areas and we need to balance the list.
Centre square Mids in order
Day Newk Worpel Nash Mackenzie Ward Maginness Hustwaite Stephens
Moore CMac forward rotations
If you want 8 incl forwards given need for 2/3 wingers and with stephens delisted it leaves 1 spot for Ward Maginness Hustwaite.
Note this doesn’t even address potential for the Wiz or Weddle to go in as well.
On backs if we get Barrass our tall stocks are him Scrimshaw Sicily Weddle as 4th defender for talls and smalls with Hardwick Impey Mass/Amon making 7. Leaves Blanck Frost Serong McCabe DGB Philips as backup talls.
Blanck stays Frosty one more year McCabe stays Philipps delisted. How do Serong or DGB get a look in?
It’s uncomfortable but this is list mgt you sometimes have to give to get. Pretty clear we have good depth in those spots and we should now be looking to utilise some of that to improve the list balance.

Absolutely when it's 30m out and you have arguably the best key forward in the game having a run at it. It's not just on Weddle, the defenders around him should be communicating with him.

That's the defenders first job, stop the opposition from marking the ball. The proof is in the pudding, he didn't do that, so what could he have done differently? For me, that's punch towards the pocket/boundary.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

The one on the line in the last, Frosty went ape at Weddle because he (Frosty) was grappling with Hogan and all Weddle had to do was come in and punch it over the line. Instead Weddle stopped a metre away thinking it was over the line and Hogan ended up taking it pretty easily.

Pretty much encapsulated that while Weddle is doing well as a rebounding tall defender, he isn't one naturally and still needs to learn the basics in that role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back