Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Unsure if its been mentioned on here yet but Mitch Cleary on "Tradies" said the Dogs havent met with Barrass yet and if he was guessing it would be Hawthorn he heads to. Also when McClure asked about Barrass and Battle Cleary said that he had it up to 85% headed to Hawthorn and that took a hit over the weekend due to a bit of talk out there but he still has him heading to Hawthorn "in the 70s"

said the talk was nothing major just chatter he would stay
My word from the west just now: Tom has told at least one senior club official he wants to be traded to Hawthorn.
Disclaimer 1: He may have told more! but my cousin knows for sure that this one official was told.
Disclaimer2: None of this means anything right now. Tom wants to come to us but whether WC agree to release him and whether we can then agree to terms are other matters entirely.

Noel- Zero chance. Big Fat Zero that the Eagles are trading Ronny for anything less than 1 first round pick.

We can try as many ways in the world to put together a Christmas stocking full of second round picks and DGB, throw in Harry as well etc etc to make it look attractive but it ain’t happening.

As I said-

Eagles will say they want two picks inside 20.

Hawthorn will say 1 pick inside 20.

Both teams will argue and play it out in the media for 13 days and in the end Hawthorn will add a second round pick and the Eagles will throw a 3rd pick back to us.

Hawks give up pick 10 and pick 28
Hawks receive Ronny and pick 35

Anyway something like that will be how it plays out.
You would know better than me mate, was a nice thought before the reality check set in

He's a sublime kick/ decision maker.
Would cost us too much imo, I also don't know who he dislodges given our playstyle.

Our KPF stocks are pretty set for the next 3-6 years

A- Lewis, Chol
B- Ramsden, Scaife, Dear

On top of that we have our rucks who we demand have that ability, too
Meek, Noodle, Tucker.

He is a neat kick and could be impactful, but I don't think he's worth it for us.

Would cost us too much imo, I also don't know who he dislodges given our playstyle.

A- Lewis, Chol
B- Ramsden, Scaife, Dear

Meek, Noodle, Tucker.

He is a neat kick and could be impactful, but I don't think he's worth it for us.
We have all that yet still play with two KPF.
Not a question of talent.

Lukosius would walk into our team.
Merely a question of whether Mitchell thinks he suits our style

Clarko would love him off half back at North.
As an outlet player, sure.
Otherwise he'd be a less accountable Scrimshaw.
I like his offensive skills.
39 goals + his beautiful kicking.

I'm not overly enthusiastic about going for him, but he'd be a decent contributor, for sure IMO.

Lucozade reminds me of Gunston in his early years. İn a side that puts extreme pressure and a strong frwd group, he could be the difference in a big final as he is smart around the goals. Could see him bagging a 4/5 when most unexpected on the big stage. But, the cost, that's the sticking point.

I've been told they want our pick to trade it for Baker. May get done earlier than usual.
Surely the don't pay Pick 10-12 for Baker? If that's the motivator then it can centre around our F1.

F1 + C'wood's 2nd (about Pick 28)
Barrass + F3

Eagles on-trade our F1 for Baker, leaving them feeling less ridiculous than if they trade Pick 10ish for him.

We're basically doing them a favour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if we could split our pick with Sydney for 18,19 and trade for Barass and Lukosius.
Draft watchers, including Cal Twomey, are saying this years draft is full of talent up to pick 30 and that it is pretty even from picks 5 to 30. I’d be very surprised if Sydney did that deal. But sure, if Sydney did, and the Eagles and Suns agreed, that would be a great outcome for the Hawks.

Baker is a gun. Pick 10 is about right, he's the kind of player that will improve their firepower exponentially and make them extremely hard to beat next year
Baker is the type of player that I like even when he is performing well against the Hawks. He is 100% team orientated.
Some players get stats, Baker makes his team better.

They won't need more picks.

Rioli and Bolton want out . They will get multiple first round picks for these players .
GC will happily give up for Rioli , Freo for Bolton .
Both have plenty of draft collateral to give .

Tigers will have 5 high picks and absolutely no need to move on there best KP player for the sake of it.
If Bolton wants Freo I can’t see Peter Bell just handing over multiple 1st rd picks- he’ll haggle to the death with them like he always does and have all the power if Bolton’s nominated them…

Gold Coast might over pay for Rioli but it’s been a while since he’s shown really great form.. he’s solid but no superstar- pretty similar with Graham and Baker - clubs wouldn’t be giving up 1st rd picks

Richmond just assuming they’ll get “5 1st round picks” for their cooked premiership role players who all want out and hoping other clubs are just gonna fall over themselves to kickstart their rebuild is just plain wishful thinking IMO…

Does anyone know if RoughandLove is okay? It’s been a while since we’ve heard from him, not too worried about an update just want to make sure he’s alright.
Pretty sure he wont be posting here anymore with updates.
Surely the don't pay Pick 10-12 for Baker? If that's the motivator then it can centre around our F1.

F1 + C'wood's 2nd (about Pick 28)
Barrass + F3

Eagles on-trade our F1 for Baker, leaving them feeling less ridiculous than if they trade Pick 10ish for him.

We're basically doing them a favour.
Pick 10 should be enough for Barrass without trading a second rounder as well.

A- Lewis, Chol
B- Ramsden, Scaife, Dear

Meek, Noodle, Tucker.

Lukosious is ahead of Ramsden, Scaife, Dear, Noodle and Tucker

Lewis can’t get on the park

So only Meek and Chol would get picked ahead of him, and one is a ruckman

Lukosious would walk into our best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back