Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure how much info Quarters would have but on SEN today said that we need a key forward and key back and both were well on track to happening this off season
Pricked my ears
He also said the Wiz will kick 5 on Sunday. Hope he's right on both counts

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

We have lost the Battle I have been told.
UnContracted Players by Round 20.

I have no inside knowledge on what an uncontacted player will do. But I don’t need inside knowledge as history tells us what is likely to happen after round 20.

An uncontracted player will either be:
1: Likely to retire, 2: Likely to move clubs, 3: Likely to get a 1 or 2 Year extension, or 4: likely be delisted.

So History says that:
1: Likely to retire = Dusty and Hawkins. Has already happened.
2: English is likely to leave.
2: Battle is likely to leave.
2: Baker is likely to leave.
2: Perryman is likely to leave.

I am sure there are others. Note: I am not talking about Contracted players here. Only uncontracted players.

streetspirit shows us the Hawks yet to sign and each are interesting. But for the purposes of this post, I would say History says that Josh Battle will likely leave the saints, and Perryman will leave the Giants. Whether they come to the Hawks is a different question.

There is no certain indicator of future events, but more often than not, what has happened with player contracts in the past predicts what people will do this year.

Last edited:

Bored at work so here is a hypothetical

D.G Barrass to Eagles for pick 59
Reeves to Bulldogs (if they lose English) for pick 31
Butler and pick 59 to Tigers for pick 36
Pick 36 and Morrison to the Roo's for pick 22
pick 31 and Maginness to swans for pick 19
Pick 9 and 22 to Dockers for pick 14 and 16 (would they do it?)
Pick 14 for Barrass
We lose some depth but leaves us with Barras, (hopefully Battle), pick 16 and pick 19.
Could look at bringing someone else in with 16 and 19, maybe Lukosius?

Pick 14 for Barrass
We lose some depth but leaves us with Barras, (hopefully Battle), pick 16 and pick 19.

I think we will have trouble giving DGB away

North has no reason to trade for Morrison.

Maginness is staying a Hawk

An I am not sure the tigers would want Butler on one leg who’s proven nothing.

All bar Maginness if you can get the trades for the others I am in.

I think we will have trouble giving DGB away

North has no reason to trade for Morrison.

Maginness is staying a Hawk

An I am not sure the tigers would want Butler on one leg who’s proven nothing.

All bar Maginness if you can get the trades for the others I am in.
Its only a 4th round pick for DGB so pretty much is giving him away.

I'm sure someone on here or one of the other threads mentioned that Clarko was sniffing around Morrison.

I hope Maginness stays a Hawks as well but again I'm sure i read somewhere around here that the Swans were sniffing.

Butler had good VFL form, he definitely has some things he needs to work on at AFL level but there's a player there and is only a downgrade from a 4th to a 3rd (was supposed to be pick 39).

If Bolton wants Freo I can’t see Peter Bell just handing over multiple 1st rd picks- he’ll haggle to the death with them like he always does and have all the power if Bolton’s nominated them…

Gold Coast might over pay for Rioli but it’s been a while since he’s shown really great form.. he’s solid but no superstar- pretty similar with Graham and Baker - clubs wouldn’t be giving up 1st rd picks

Richmond just assuming they’ll get “5 1st round picks” for their cooked premiership role players who all want out and hoping other clubs are just gonna fall over themselves to kickstart their rebuild is just plain wishful thinking IMO…
It was an example as to why they won't need or want to trade Balta . Who's name keeps coming up here despite the fact he will not leave and they won't let him.

It's actually not fanciful at all that they could get that many picks come draft day for what may go out ( if they choose too trade them out )

Pick 14 for Barrass

So happy with rucks beyond reeves? Not much point loading up for finals with deficient ruck options

Not a fan of losing the one thing we do have, depth

So happy with rucks beyond reeves? Not much point loading up for finals with deficient ruck options

Not a fan of losing the one thing we do have, depth
It depends what you are trying to achieve. You don’t win flags by playing 44 players. At some point some our depth that could make it at AFL level will either be moved on or they will choose to move on. Better we are in control of those decisions as much as possible.
In this example if Reeves wanted to go and netted us a good pick you do it and can always rookie a depth ruck. Reeves is already 26 he’s older than I thought and the rule change hurt his game. We have ramsden and tucker developing nicely but probably 1 year off for Ramma and 2-3 for tucker.

Its only a 4th round pick for DGB so pretty much is giving him away.

I'm sure someone on here or one of the other threads mentioned that Clarko was sniffing around Morrison.

I hope Maginness stays a Hawks as well but again I'm sure i read somewhere around here that the Swans were sniffing.

Butler had good VFL form, he definitely has some things he needs to work on at AFL level but there's a player there and is only a downgrade from a 4th to a 3rd (was supposed to be pick 39).

Morrison is a f/a

Not sure other clubs would want to use a list spot for Butler and DGB to be honest.

I reckon Ramsden will step up in 2025 to support Meek.

Pick 14 for Barrass
DGB simply has to be part of the Barrass trade not just because of the name.
Morrison goes as an UFA.
Doubt anyone takes butler off that injury. Maginness stays especially if they rookie Ned.
To me I would simply trade our r1 with freo for 16 or swans for pick 18 and a f2 with something later back if needed. Use that pick for barrass with DGB and maybe even a future pick swap given we hold multiple f2.
If we get Barrass and Battle we hold pies r2 and if there’s someone else we really like in the 20-40 range we have multiple f2 to trade back in. Nothing surer than there will be several KP prospects in the 30s especially KPF we might want.

Luke Hodge thinks that Jack Lukosius of the Suns is definitely getable this year and would not only improve but also cause havoc in a side such as Hawthorn playing as a third tall. Thoughts?
I'm a huge fan have been for years, massively under utilised up their.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how much info Quarters would have but on SEN today said that we need a key forward and key back and both were well on track to happening this off season
Pricked my ears
jean claude van damme fighting GIF

If they were both free agents I'd take Lukosius over Battle every day of the week. However the price to get Lukosius would be decent you'd think. I'd take Barrass over all of them and I can't see us getting both Barrass and Lukosius.

If they were both free agents I'd take Lukosius over Battle every day of the week. However the price to get Lukosius would be decent you'd think. I'd take Barrass over all of them and I can't see us getting both Barrass and Lukosius.

Why not? Battle in defence and Lukosius in the forward line.

* Hawks back there self into get the best out of Lukosius

Lukosious is ahead of Ramsden, Scaife, Dear, Noodle and Tucker

Lewis can’t get on the park

So only Meek and Chol would get picked ahead of him, and one is a ruckman

Lukosious would walk into our best 22

I am sure some people don’t watch other games.

When Petracca was up for grabs 5 years ago some on here said he was a dud and for us to not chase him.

Cam Rayner is just starting to become an elite player. Lots on here say he is a dud.

I would go after Lukosious as a number 1 target tomorrow if he was gettable and that’s in front of Ronny Barrass. His upside is ENORMOUS.

Why not? Battle in defence and Lukosius in the forward line.

* Hawks back there self into get the best out of Lukosius
I think we'd have to part with our first this year and do something with our F1 this year to get both Barrass and Lukosius.

If Battle does choose us, I'd rather just grab Barrass too as he plugs more of a direct need. I would honestly struggle to find a spot for 3 new KPs too. And we have Blank coming back next year.

From last week's team:

Barrass for Frost.
Battle for Gunston (playing forward or back)
Lukosius for Dear? (Doesn't really work as plays different roles).

I do think Sam would love to have a player like Lukosius on the list though. Could be anything.

In this example if Reeves wanted to go and netted us a good pick you do it and can always rookie a depth ruck. Reeves is already 26 he’s older than I thought and the rule change hurt his game. We have ramsden and tucker developing nicely but probably 1 year off for Ramma and 2-3 for tucker.
The problem here is that a rookie depth ruck or Ramma are not AFL quality rucks and will hurt us a lot more than having a competent AFL ruck like Reeves.
If we trade out Reeves (stupid, imo) and Meek gets injured we will be in ALL SORTS of bother.

The problem here is that a rookie depth ruck or Ramma are not AFL quality rucks and will hurt us a lot more than having a competent AFL ruck like Reeves.
If we trade out Reeves (stupid, imo) and Meek gets injured we will be in ALL SORTS of bother.
Cant have reeves sitting there on a LT deal and losing currency

Especially when we will re-sign Meek on a more lucrative deal

Pick up a another 3rd stringer from another club

It aint hard

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back