Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We don’t need to trade for any more key forwards unless they are superior talents.

Lewis will recover.

Scaife will debut and contribute.
Ramsden is on the verge of breaking out.
Sicily is a great option.
Agree on the bolded, not sold on the rest but do agree that we have enough prospects. Only trade for someone who is 100% an upgrade on them.

We need the AFL to sign off on trading of future picks 2 years out to land the KPF Quarters is talking about.
Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

We don’t need to trade for any more key forwards unless they are superior talents.

Lewis will recover.
Sicily is a break glass in emergency. He is not going to be a permanent forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know, but I still think he’s our best option there next season.

I’d like to try it out for 6-10 weeks and bring in Serong/Blanck.
Nahh we would lose way too much down back. Sicily is in the top 5 defenders in the league. His kicking opens up the field for us. No one in our present team comes close to the impact he has in transition. Kicking the ball will always be faster than running it. It's the one player and position we will not experiment in changing. Other players may get a go, however.

Lewis will recover.
Sam and the list management team disagree with you.

I know, but I still think he’s our best option there next season.

I’d like to try it out for 6-10 weeks and bring in Serong/Blanck.
problem with moving Sicily forward is you lose his creativity and superboot that sets up so much of their slingshot attack and sets up their attacking plays

Because of this he is much more valuable behind the ball

Lewis will recover.
Just on this, and i hope you're right on all counts but to take the half-empty glass:
Lewis will recover but has a long injury history and has barely played half a season in all this time.
Scaife may not translate to AFL level (anyone remember Grimley? Great FF at VFL level but lost in the seniors).
Max is on the verge etcetcetc. He's been on the verge all year but his form hasn't really lifted (and I go to most BHH matches).
Sicily is a great 'emergency only' option but to deprive our backline of its general and one of its best players for most of the year is madness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back