Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Lewis or King. Can't play them both.
King from the Saints only plays about half a year due to injury
Same as Lewis

Let’s hope one is out for the first half, and the other for the second half :cool:

Lewis or King. Can't play them both.
I reckon it'd Dear v King at this stage, for the FF position.

If/when Lewis gets fit, he'd be back to that CHF role, playing from 30m out, up to the Wing.

Dear (or King) out of the Goal Square with Chol seeking mismatches or getting free as the 3rd Tall.

I reckon it'd Dear v King at this stage, for the FF position.

If/when Lewis gets fit, he'd be back to that CHF role, playing from 30m out, up to the Wing.

Dear (or King) out of the Goal Square with Chol seeking mismatches or getting free as the 3rd Tall.
If we committed to a forward line with Lewis and King in it, we’d be sacrificing the manic forward pressure that has propelled us up the ladder. Both struggle to bring the ball to ground and compete consistently.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I’ve heard the question has been put Ben King’s management again
Exactly the name I put up a few weeks a go but some posters pointed out that he's newly contracted just a few months ago. That was because dimma jumped on , thinking things will change at GC. Nothing has and nothing will. We're definitely interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we pass on both, under achievers.
Very harsh on Ben King gone 47 and 40 goals the past 2 years will be 50+ and could be closer to 60 by the end of the year. This is despite missing an entire year with an ACL.

Last edited:
Very harsh on Ben King gone 47 and 40 goals the past 2 years will be 50+ and could be closer to 60 by the end of the year. This is despite missing an entire year with an ACL.

I am talking about there whole career and what I think they should be capable off.

Not sure there heart is in it to totally dominate. Also both clubs would want a massive pay day to let them go.

Then again Sam and the team seem to know how to reach untapped potential.

No Max King please, I have made far too many comments about his game that I would have to publicly walk back in a couple group chats and the office, and I don’t really want to.

So if the club is in fact reading this then please consider scrim reaper from BF.
Agreed. I've heard of death by a thousand cuts BUT death by a thousand behinds is just painful to witness.

IF the mystery forward is King....

THEN our forwards are:

Chol (resting ruck)
Lewis
King
Dear

Too tall? Or manageable with rotations?
Clearly Lewis will be missing a lot if not all of the next season, so our options currently are Chol and Dear. I know the optimists will mention Scaife and Ramsden but both are yet to show they are AFL ready.

Can we stop with the 'let's underrate every other clubs player because they don't play for Hawthorn' narrative?

Max King has kicked 159 goals from 83 games.
Hypothetically speaking, if we're entering a premiership window and could bank another 160 goals from a key forward over the next 4-5 seasons we'd trade for him in a heartbeat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back