Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Been one of the fun things to watch Cam Rayner going on a run as one of the best players in the comp after being torched in here for a few weeks
I was adamant he could not step up after so many years in the system.

The last 4-5 weeks have proven me wrong.

Can he keep this up?
Forget King, Ross the Boss saying he is going absolutely nowhere just last week.

Get me Lukosious if he is available like what is being reported.

Sam and co will turn him into a 40+ goal a year forward for us.
💯
Getting lukosius would prob be cheaper than Kings/Allen.

Become laconic or worse laksadasical
Or he might surprise the footy world again and become loquacious, transforming himself into a leader in our F50 - I loved the training report someone posted last week about how he was encouraging Wiz to stick to his routine with his set-shots.

Don’t discount a good old fashioned three way, let alone more. I reckon we might be forced to move one or two “talented” mids.

Any way, a lot of water to go under the bridge!
Really curious about this one, Tops!

Our strategy of recruiting hard working Hawks fans I'd imagine would make it really hard for a lot of our mids to want to leave- especially given where we're at.

I don’t think Chol is suited to being a third tall, when he had that year at GC he was the main man and look how he has gone this year being the main man.
If he becomes the 3rd option I think he may lose interest and not be a factor in games IMO
Chol doesn't play strong - he's easily moved off the ball by an opponent his own size.

Playing him out of the FP (3rd Tall) gives him a 2-inch/5kg smaller opponent & heaps more freedom to roam as he isn't required to sit under the high ball & provide structure.

I reckon you'll see him far more involved, as well as spending more time Rucking.

Chol doesn't play strong - he's easily moved off the ball by an opponent his own size.

Playing him out of the FP (3rd Tall) gives him a 2-inch/5kg smaller opponent & heaps more freedom to roam as he isn't required to sit under the high ball & provide structure.

I reckon you'll see him far more involved, as well as spending more time Rucking.
Why can't anyone else see this. Chol is actually pretty fast for his size too and I think he'd actually relish not being the sole big banana. Him being moved off the ball by an opponent is definitely something he needs to work on but I think his main focus this season has been to make sure to bring the ball to ground if he can't mark it by crashing the pack and let our small forwards go to work.

Outside of a a few games with Lewis we haven't really seen him as the 2nd option let alone a 3rd option alongside a true KPF but with what we do know he loves good ole Joe the Goose as he's pretty good at ground level and has some top notch soccer skills to match. The guy is playing his role atm but he's got more there to unlock.

Lukosius has been dropped for this week
Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Chol is not a third forward. Stop trying to fit Lewis in with some ‘mystery key forward’.

Chol is better than Lewis. Lewis will most likely never be fit. We are never getting either of the Kings.
And death is just around the corner, because the world sucks!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lukosius has been dropped for this week
Man if we could get him, i'd love to see more of this:

The balls on the kid to mark it 65m out and just say, "yep, i'm having a shot, gonna thump this one through" Then he just launches it through the middle.

It's so rare to see players kicking them from 50m these days let alone 70.

Our Forward line this year has been a success because of how quick and agile it is. Chol is currently the no1 rated tackler in the f50 and Dears current biggest asset is his tackling / ability to compete in the air and bring the ball to ground (with more Gym work / better fitness his marking will become his greatest asset).

Our forward line would never work with a Lewis / Chol / King setup. Lewis is a luxury if he makes it from here (certainly hope he does). The pressure is off now and we need to plan for life without him. When he is playing though he basically apples 0 pressure and doesn’t have a great turning circle. I just can’t see how a Lewis / King combo could work in today’s game.

I’d much prefer an agile quick forward line. Bring in Lukosius to play the Gunston role and watch our forward line flourish!

StKilda people still convinced Battle is coming to Hawthorn by the way despite rumours last week he was staying. I hadn't heard any inside info until about 2 weeks ago from some of the saints i know which was all on him leaving.

I think the rumours must have come from the Barrass talk and the "will we/can we get both?"

And remember this
27 March - Herald Sun
"St Kilda is well down the track with Battle on a new long-term deal, and, given he is an unrestricted free agent, he will draw a significant pay rise."

March 30th - Ross Lyon during the pre game show for ESS vs STK:
“I think Battles got a bit of recognition he’s out of contract so maybe even your Hawks are looking at him.”

Stkilda had an agreeable contract in front of him, it was close to done. And days later the head coach is publicly stating that Hawthorn is "looking at him" and he still hasn't signed that close to done contract.

I would be so shocked if he stays at StKilda.

Man if we could get him, i'd love to see more of this:

The balls on the kid to mark it 65m out and just say, "yep, i'm having a shot, gonna thump this one through" Then he just launches it through the middle.

It's so rare to see players kicking them from 50m these days let alone 70.

Any player with the confidence to call it and pull it off is worth considering.

Battle + Lukosius improves us so much more than Battle + Barrass.
Gunston replacement.

Chol+Dear play the KPF roles.

Tell me how...
Battle is a FA so don't need to worry about that.

O'meara and Mitchell we got in 1 off season.

We have 2024 and 2025 first round picks, 2nd round picks and probably a few players that are surplus in those positions that could fetch us picks in the 30s to enhance a deal.

Lukosious is contracted but perhaps like Scrimshaw they need to offload as they want to lock in Walter and King longer. Gold Coast had a strategy to give big contracts to retain high pick draftees longer than initial contract, and some of them, Lukosius included haven't delivered into the stars they thought they'd be like Anderson, Rowell, King have.

I also don't think Barrass is worth as much as they are all reporting. I think something like our first and a swap of seconds gets it done. West Coast could always hold him to the contract but I think they would rather move on and at least get something for him and free up the cash. Similar to how we gave up Mitchell and Omeara for not much AND paid their salaries partly.

As I have said, we will have to move on McKenzie and/or Ward. FFS Lucosious not even available.
If Harley Reid says bring me home Hawks, I doubt Sam Mitchell would have any hesitation moving on some much loved players to get the deal done.

There will be heart break like the Hodge deal. But Reid is a talent worth the trauma.

Ward, MacKenzie, Lewis and others could be on the table with our first and F1.

We're on the same page.
I like them both, but I'd move on Lewis before Ward.
MacKenzie - I would only include in a trade for a big time mid like Callaghan or Reid.
I think he's gonna be a special player for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back