Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you really think the club is going to pay this guy a healthy sum of money and not do due diligence when it comes to any future health/injury concerns?
I'm putting my faith in the club and that they know what they're doing.
Of course they will but it doesn't mean they get it right or he doesn't have complications down the road. The human body is not as simple as just doing a simple car service and ticking it off.

People thinking a Channel 7 interview is a smoking gun when we have a medical team that will do the necessary due diligence. Good lord. Just remember there were supporters who were equally aghast for the same reasons when we got Burgoyne.

People thinking a Channel 7 interview is a smoking gun when we have a medical team that will do the necessary due diligence. Good lord. Just remember there were supporters who were equally aghast for the same reasons when we got Burgoyne.
No, people are worried when a player himself admits he struggles with his back daily, acknowledges it can potentially shorten his career and it is something he has to manage every day. It is simply a worry.

They gambled on Burgoyne it paid off, they gambled on O’meara it didn’t. Clubs don’t always get it right.

Risk v Reward for him as well as the Hawks - but I guess a heck of a lot more for him.

Do you really think the club is going to pay this guy a healthy sum of money and not do due diligence when it comes to any future health/injury concerns?
I'm putting my faith in the club and that they know what they're doing.
This

I had a pretty decent time out on the piss last night….

Surprised Fire GIF

I can’t believe how silly his little crusade is
Yes but there is a slight possibility that if we get Barrass the universe may collapse in on itself so someone has to be the town cryer for obscure possibilities not amounting to a lot. I think he is true hero for …saying stuff and getting emotional about it

Thinking about who we've been linked to and how we can get them done:

Barrass:
Collingwood 2nd + future 1st + DGB > Barrass + future 2nd

Smith:
Hawthorn 1st + Hawthorn 3rd + WCE future 2nd > Smith

In terms of who we draft from there with only a pick in the third round +

C. Anderson- convinced he's a high end talent that has been hidden a la Newcombe
K. Burgoyne- doesn't seem like Port are convinced he'll make it. Don't mind us giving him a few years to develop at BHH and push
Finn 2.0- seems to have something, wonder what he'd be like in a professional environment.

No, people are worried when a player himself admits he struggles with his back daily, acknowledges it can potentially shorten his career and it is something he has to manage every day. It is simply a worry.

They gambled on Burgoyne it paid off, they gambled on O’meara it didn’t. Clubs don’t always get it right.

O’Meara after 2017 played the vast majority of every season with us - so in terms of his knees, no the club didn’t get it wrong.

Just a thought re Battle/Barrass. It was murmured that both have been told the other is coming, which is obviously a selling point as players like playing with other good players.

So if we don’t get Barrass we might not get Battle, whatever we trade for Barrass likely gets us both.

Surely our first and maybe a f2 for both is justifiable to anyone?

You're not even a Hawthorn supporter....why exactly do you care?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a thought re Battle/Barrass. It was murmured that both have been told the other is coming, which is obviously a selling point as players like playing with other good players.

So if we don’t get Barrass we might not get Battle, whatever we trade for Barrass likely gets us both.

Surely our first and maybe a f2 for both is justifiable to anyone?
UFA finalised before trades. Battle either will or won’t prior to Barrass deal. Though Barrass will likely declare he wants to be a Hawk at seasons end.

O’Meara after 2017 played the vast majority of every season with us - so in terms of his knees, no the club didn’t get it wrong.
JOM was never as explosive post-injury as he was pre-injury. In terms of trade pay-offs, Burgoyne was overwhelmingly a win for us while JOM was anything but.

Re Barrass, I'm fully on board with Sam's thinking but that doesn't negate the fact that his particular injury makes it a big risk, albeit much for him and his quality of life post-football than it is for us as a club. If he's willing to take the risk, who are we to argue?

He did and also was managed his entire time at the club and it absolutely prevented him from being the player we paid for, we did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back