Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

And who's spot in the forward line does hardwick take? We have Moore, MacDonald, Ginnivan and Watson there already keeping Breust and Wingard out.

Its likely, at this stage, that Breust and Gunston will play less senior footy next year. At the very least not always in the same team together.

Also, Wingard is done.

Its likely, at this stage, that Breust and Gunston will play less senior footy next year. At the very least not always in the same team together.

Also, Wingard is done.
Yeah that's my point those 4 are keeping Breust and Wingard out of the forward line. Hardwick would need to replace 1 of MacDonald, Moore, Ginnivan or Watson. Chol and Dear the other 2 as talls, Gunston,Scaife and Lewis will also play games as tall forwards.

So for Hardwick to play forward he needs to displace 1 of the existing 4 smalls. And we need to have Ryan, Mitchell or B. MacDonald to fill the void in the backline.

Yeah that's my point those 4 are keeping Breust and Wingard out of the forward line. Hardwick would need to replace 1 of MacDonald, Moore, Ginnivan or Watson. Chol and Dear the other 2 as talls, Gunston,Scaife and Lewis will also play games as tall forwards.

So for Hardwick to play forward he needs to displace 1 of the existing 4 smalls. And we need to have Ryan, Mitchell or B. MacDonald to fill the void in the backline.

I guess it partly relies on having a full strength side, which is uncommon.

5 on the bench (hopefully) means we can squeeze enough guys in.

Lewis won't want to move.
And would Melbourne want a key forward in return for their best player who is likely missing the entire next season?

This has St.Kilda written all over it.
Max King and the first rounder they get for Battle.

They'll sell the professionalism of Ross Lyon first and foremost. Then just say the first half of this year was an aberration.

Would create a solid partnership with Jack Steele.

Also, he knows he'd be the main reason why their crowds and membership figures sky-rocket. Would be a HEAP of interest in watching him play for another club.
They had a chance when he was drafted he was from memory 1or 2 picks after Paddy McCartin .

Didn't they say Smith was training away from the club on the couch the other night?

On another note, if Hawthorn did get Barrass and Battle - how does our back line set up and what does this mean for Hawthorns run and carry?

Probably Weddle moves out, and then the next in line is Impey/Amon. That is a lot of rebound getting taken out of defence.
Frost and Barass won't be playing in the same side, it's one or the other.
So Frost makes way. Battle will be the only inclusion, into the back 6. I have a feeling that Siclily may also be used forward more often next year.

Didn't they say Smith was training away from the club on the couch the other night?

On another note, if Hawthorn did get Barrass and Battle - how does our back line set up and what does this mean for Hawthorns run and carry?

Probably Weddle moves out, and then the next in line is Impey/Amon. That is a lot of rebound getting taken out of defence.

DEFENCE
Sicily - Barrass - Scrimshaw
Impey - Battle - Amon

MIDFIELD
Meek - Newcombe - Nash
Day - Worpel - D'Ambrosio

FORWARD
Moore - Chol - MacDonald
Dear - Lewis - Ginnivan

INTERCHANGE & SUB
Weddle - Hardwick - Watson - Mackenzie - Jiath

That's an incredible 23, and it gets better when you consider the strength in depth we have.

Weddle and Hardwick are listed on the bench due to positional flexibility.

My vision for the listed back 6 would be that;
Barrass plays the 'May' role.
Battle plays the 'Lever' role.
Scrimshaw plays on third talls with license to peel and intercept
Sicily plays as loose as possible with a focus on intercepting and kicking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we got perryman where would he play in our side?

Seems he’d be a wingman, possibly back flank.

Everyone is expecting him to just keep playing exactly how he is if he was to join, as if that’s what happened with D’Ambrosio, Ginni, and Chol..

His work rate is elite, he’s hard as nails, and he’s a beautiful kick. Those things make him a prototype Sam Mitchell type player.

How many times a year does something like this come out and the player end up traded.
When was the last time a player got traded under the cloud of a long term injury? Silly thing to do. Selling a player at their lowest value.

For some reason that little piece on Lewis makes me think we are going to trade him. Nothing needed to be said at all.
tony soprano marone GIF by dan

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back