Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Clubs have enquired

hawthorn shut it down

sounds fairly simple
You'd think if he had of played around 15 games he would've had a contract extension offered to him but with his injury it's probably best for both club and player to wait. Mitch would know he needs to get his body right so all he can do is focus on his rehab and the contract extension will follow.

The only reason this is a thing is because (probably Melbourne) have thought they could get him on the cheap. It'll be the Dees or North sounding him out before offering a second rounder for him, and him saying no before the club even get the chance to.

It's a complete non story, but the 24 hour news cycle demands it.

When was the last time a player got traded under the cloud of a long term injury? Silly thing to do. Selling a player at their lowest value.
Lowest point physically and mentally might I add. Not what this club is about.

The only reason this is a thing is because (probably Melbourne) have thought they could get him on the cheap. It'll be the Dees or North sounding him out before offering a second rounder for him, and him saying no before the club even get the chance to.

It's a complete non story, but the 24 hour news cycle demands it.
Dees were apparently after him over a year ago… correct TylerDurden?

Lowest point physically and mentally might I add. Not what this club is about.
Sure, goes without saying! I was just speaking from the club standpoint. Unsettling a bloke in the middle of their recovery and rehab is also very silly.

I don't why people are stressed about the idea of trading Lewis.

There's only a couple of clubs in the AFL who could afford to be patient by trading in a key forward likely to miss the entire season next year.
None of those are in the market for a key forward

Yeah that's my point those 4 are keeping Breust and Wingard out of the forward line. Hardwick would need to replace 1 of MacDonald, Moore, Ginnivan or Watson. Chol and Dear the other 2 as talls, Gunston,Scaife and Lewis will also play games as tall forwards.

So for Hardwick to play forward he needs to displace 1 of the existing 4 smalls. And we need to have Ryan, Mitchell or B. MacDonald to fill the void in the backline.
That is the plan. Hopeful about Ryan. Dimma would be very hard to replace, but I am told a replacement is on the list. Let’s call it a “enhancement”. Just like Perryman, even though more midfield is on the cards. I know I keep saying it, but Sam want’s flexibility, interchangeable positions.

I think you will see more of Connor McDonald in the midfield. CJ will come in this week for Day.

Last edited:
That is the plan. Hopeful about Ryan. Dimma would be very hard to replace, but I am told a replacement is on the list. Just like Perryman, even though more midfield is on the cards. I know I keep saying it, but Sam want’s flexibility, interchangeable positions.

I think you will see more of Connor McDonald in the midfield. CJ will come in this week for Day.
CJ has been ruled out on the injury report?

How many times a year does something like this come out and the player end up traded.
Confirmation bias.

How many players are linked to trade and don't get traded? OFC every club is inquiring about Lewis, despite what ******* posters on this site believe Lewis is one of the best KP in the league if he gets his body right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Confirmation bias.

How many players are linked to trade and don't get traded? OFC every club is inquiring about Lewis, despite what ******* posters on this site believe Lewis is one of the best KP in the league if he gets his body right.
That statement may have been correct two years ago. Unfortunately I don't think it is anymore. The game has sped up dramatically since 2022.

Availability is the most important attribute in modern sport.

Last edited:
“Tom hasn’t been able to train for a couple of weeks with his back,” Eagles high performance manager Matt Inness said.
“Because he hasn’t trained for two-to-three weeks he hasn’t done enough to play this week.”

“Tom hasn’t been able to train for a couple of weeks with his back,” Eagles high performance manager Matt Inness said.
“Because he hasn’t trained for two-to-three weeks he hasn’t done enough to play this week.”

Text Street GIF

to me this is just further proof he's getting traded

He played 15 games. He’s never played more than 15 games in 7 years.
That has nothing to do with what you quoted, I said if he can get his body right he's one of the best in the league and you proceeded taking about how he can no longer compete, despite dominating last year.

Here's a good laugh, WCE board on the cost of the Barrass trade
You gotta love the empty headiness of people posting.

Missed out 2023 B&F winner for the first 6 weeks of the year.
Our Captain and best player has his shoulder destroyed twice and is now playing handicapped.
Lost our first choice KPF and KPD for the whole season.
Will being adding 2 quality best 22 players in our weakest part of the ground.

I'm not sure what about that situation makes anyone believe Hawthorn will drop down the ladder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back