Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Text Street GIF
Or just another thing to take in to consideration šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

to me this is just further proof he's getting traded
really weird thing to make a statement about though.

it is the one thing that might hurt his value, dont mention it publicly just say due to not playing he isnt going to play this week as we would need to get some running into his legs before he plays a full AFL game

DONT MENTION THE BACK PUBLICLY

You gotta love the empty headiness of people posting.

Missed out 2023 B&F winner for the first 6 weeks of the year.
Our Captain and best player has his shoulder destroyed twice and is now playing handicapped.
Lost our first choice KPF and KPD for the whole season.
Will being adding 2 quality best 22 players in our weakest part of the ground.

I'm not sure what about that situation makes anyone believe Hawthorn will drop down the ladder.
Itā€™s great they think that. We could definitely finish lower. Hard to go back to back.

I am more than happy backing our List team.
I do as well, I am still fine with getting him. Iā€™m suggesting we should be mindful of what we pay for a guy with a history of back issues approaching 30. We saw what it did to Gunston although not the same injury.

it is the one thing that might hurt his value, dont mention it publicly just say due to not playing he isnt going to play this week as we would need to get some running into his legs before he plays a full AFL game

Itā€™s PR for their members.

I do as well, I am still fine with getting him. Iā€™m suggesting we should be mindful of what we pay for a guy with a history of back issues approaching 30. We saw what it did to Gunston although not the same injury.
Gunston had 2+ bouts of surgery, Barrass has had none.

West Coast are saying that he's been out for 3 weeks with a combination of concussion, back and hamstring issues and I'm not sure I buy that. You might hurt his value slightly if you say he's been out for a few weeks with back problems, but I think they see that as preferable to him getting actually injured in a dead rubber and losing all of his value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gunston had 2+ bouts of surgery, Barrass has had none.

West Coast are saying that he's been out for 3 weeks with a combination of concussion, back and hamstring issues and I'm not sure I buy that. You might hurt his value slightly if you say he's been out for a few weeks with back problems, but I think they see that as preferable to him getting actually injured in a dead rubber and losing all of his value.
I just don't buy that they as a club come out and lie about his back causing him troubles. To say he hasn't been able to train for multiple weeks for his back is one of the dumbest things they could have done if it is not true.

I think some people are actively choosing to believe what they want. West Coast have no reason to lie about this.

The Lewis chat just shows how short memories some people have. He has always had high work rate, gets up and down the ground and can often been seen taking strong grabs on the wing. He has never been a stay at home Full Forward.

maybe they're softening the blow for the WCE morons who think we're gonna stump up two firsts ;)

I just don't buy that they as a club come out and lie about his back causing him troubles. To say he hasn't been able to train for multiple weeks for his back is one of the dumbest things they could have done if it is not true.

I think some people are actively choosing to believe what they want. West Coast have no reason to lie about this.
So the much more reasonable thing to believe is that he misses a game through concussion and then has a convenient bout of back soreness that stops him from being able to train and play the last few games of a season?

Clubs have never made convenient excuses for players sitting out games before.

So the much more reasonable thing to believe is that he misses a game through concussion and then has a convenient bout of back soreness that stops him from being able to train and play the last few games of a season?

Clubs have never made convenient excuses for players sitting out games before.
Yes? the guy that has openly said he struggles with it every day, a flare up is very believable.

The biggest part i disagree with is this being a convenient excuse, i they wanted to make up a story that could have picked anything else.

Or he is struggling with his back and are just being open to their members.
Both things can be true, but they have a trade commodity that loses value if he actually goes out there and gets hurt.

Cotton wool and all that.

I think some people are actively choosing to believe what they want.

Like people who are choosing to believe Barrass is basically crippled because they donā€™t want to trade for him? (Not meaning you but pinheads who like to create meaningless hashtags).

Or he is struggling with his back and are just being open to their members.
i know it's boring to say on a discussion board but our club doctors will put him through a medical, if his back is cooked (in a way that messes up his ability to play AFL) they will almost certainly pick it up and it will influence the price we pay and whether we chase him at all.

Yes? the guy that has openly said he struggles with it every day, a flare up is very believable.

The biggest part i disagree with is this being a convenient excuse, i they wanted to make up a story that could have picked anything else.
That's what makes it less believable to me, it's not as though he's not used to working through back pain - but it is also something that the club know they can roll out and that the supporter base will believe it.

Excuses need to be believable, especially when you're a side up shit creek putting out terrible performances and you don't want your supporters to tear the place up because you're resting your only two AFL level key defenders against a team with a bloke who could reasonably kick 10+ goals against you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back