Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That's what makes it less believable to me, it's not as though he's not used to working through back pain - but it is also something that the club know they can roll out and that the supporter base will believe it.

Excuses need to be believable, especially when you're a side up shit creek putting out terrible performances and you don't want your supporters to tear the place up because you're resting your only two AFL level key defenders against a team with a bloke who could reasonably kick 10+ goals against you.
WC fans are expecting a 100+ drubbing so yeah their PR team are in overdrive. Then you have some numpty's like this dude that seem to forget / not care that Tom is a Premiership + B&F winner that is vastly under paid and who had a handshake agreement with the former list manager to have his contract re-negotiated to his proper worth which was vetoed by the new list manager which is the reason why he's gettable in the first place.

I still maintain that we're going to get him for less then what a lot think we're going to have to. I reckon our 1st rounder alone is going to be enough and like someone said above this could all be PR readying the WC ferals for when they lose their sh*t. Look at what we got for Sam Mitchell, Tom Mitchell or Jordan Lewis and yes I know the circumstances were a little different (ie Barrass with a longer contract atm) but I still think some are going to be surprised with the final price.

Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 12.31.39 pm.png

Devilā€™s advocate - what if we have already done a handshake deal with West Coast and they know their members wonā€™t be giddy about the return so theyā€™re selling them on ā€˜itā€™s okay heā€™s broke anyway!ā€™.
Agreed. Similar to how a lot of us thought Tom Mitchell would net more than Copper Stephens, Pick 41 + Pick 50. At the time of that trade obviously the value for us was getting Stephens which with history shows that we got fleeced.

I had Tom's value as a late 2nd rounder but unfortunately for us every man and their dog knew that we were trying to move out bot TOM and JOM. We would also know this with Barrass so we shall see what the price ends up being.

I don't doubt you're right and I hope he stays, but I do know that North have spoken to his management twice now and will be making a big push at season's end.

If North offer a great deal do we say no maybe but the club isn't going to just say yeah his available, it brings the price down.

WC fans are expecting a 100+ drubbing so yeah their PR team are in overdrive. Then you have some numpty's like this dude that seem to forget / not care that Tom is a Premiership + B&F winner that is vastly under paid and who had a handshake agreement with the former list manager to have his contract re-negotiated to his proper worth which was vetoed by the new list manager which is the reason why he's gettable in the first place.

I still maintain that we're going to get him for less then what a lot think we're going to have to. I reckon our 1st rounder alone is going to be enough and like someone said above this could all be PR readying the WC ferals for when they lose their sh*t. Look at what we got for Sam Mitchell, Tom Mitchell or Jordan Lewis and yes I know the circumstances were a little different (ie Barrass with a longer contract atm) but I still think some are going to be surprised with the final price.

View attachment 2086303

If we go by what we got for Mitchell, Lewis etc it won't be a 1st at all.

He has told North no thanks multiple times

Does not want to play under AC ever again
Again, I'm agreeing with you but if that's the case why would North have talked to his management again as lately as two weeks ago?

Probably because they can't take no for an answer.

All I'm suggesting is if he told them a firm 'NO' they probably wouldn't be so maybe he's given them a polite "not realy right now' so they still push.

Again, I'm agreeing with you but if that's the case why would North have talked to his management again as lately as two weeks ago?

Probably because they can't take no for an answer.
Correct

North internally have greatly overestimated their pull for players

Very close to another major tumble

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct

North internally have greatly overestimated their pull for players

Very close to another major tumble
Clarko going on radio last Friday morning and reeling off a bunch of names (some contracted I think) heā€™d like to target was a bold move.

Here's a good laugh, WCE board on the cost of the Barrass trade
Donā€™t even bother trying to reason with them , they under rate all others clubs, and think all their list is top notch. One poster on the Barass thread, even compared Darling as the same as Giunston. They even think Barass still wants to play there.

Its reaching desperation levels

Naming of players was strange
bold GIF

Clarko going on radio last Friday morning and reeling off a bunch of names (some contracted I think) heā€™d like to target was a bold move.

Particularly when Melbourne then went and announced Viney had re-signed.

Donā€™t even bother trying to reason with them , they under rate all others clubs, and think all their list is top notch.

In fairness youā€™ll find those posters on every board. Remember some of outrageous claims last year on what Brockman and Kosi would fetch us at the trade table.

Yes? the guy that has openly said he struggles with it every day, a flare up is very believable.

The biggest part i disagree with is this being a convenient excuse, i they wanted to make up a story that could have picked anything else.
Are you going for the record of how many times you can say the same thing?

Hmmm Mitch Lewis only Hawk who has liked Ben Brown's retirement reel posted by MelbourneFC on Instagram.

I know the club weren't happy with his work ethic over preseason and Melbourne have been in his ear all year. If he does go though I'd love to work that into Petracca somehow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back