Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

it’s still the same thing, clubs get things wrong. If we aren’t going to discuss our opinions on the things the club does we might as well just shut down the thread
Clubs get some things wrong, not others. Can't think of too many players who were drafted for higher picks that didn't play their best footy at their new club out of injury. In fact I can think of far more where the club has backed out or cooled after medicals.

Guys like Beams, Bennell, Mitch Clark had many other more serious issues.

Hawthorn have 4 years on the table

Bad start

Will get done early

This years trade period will have a lot of firsts (in terms of things occuring)

ANB is the first

4 with a trigger for a 5th is the offer.

How confident are you that this will get done in week 1 of the trade period?

Collingwood / Carlton was just lazy assumption from the media, assuming it would be those 2 before realising that neither of them have any trade assets or cap room.
I agree it is the low hanging fruit but as I mentioned they are the only one's I have seen linked to it when other said us and Essendon are

I wonder if they will come hard for Battle now, we may have a bit of competition hopefully not.

If they wanted Battle I don’t think it would have been Tuohy’s deal that he signed last year that would have been standing in their way.

So the question then is, is he worth a first or second round pick?

If we could get away with offering our F1 and some pick swaps and maintain a pick in this year’s first round as well as the Collingwood second round pick I’d be content.

I am not sure i think that is true simply because too much can still change, i assume our first is going to be involved in any trade. Currently that could be anywhere from pick 10 to pick 18, obviously the most likely scenario is it is somewhere in the middle but i don't see how West Coast could be confidently agreeing to any deals without knowing where that pick sits.

A deal can be agreed if they decided his value is say pick 14.

Then if we got pick 18, then we have to add something else.

If we have pick 11, then they send something back.

Broadly how I expect a handshake deal to have been made.

don't see how West Coast could be confidently agreeing to any deals without knowing where that pick sits.

Apparently the first 20-25 picks in this year’s draft is a good even spread of talent so if we do have our 2024 1st on the table I dare say our final ladder position would not be something to quibble about like in other years.

Last edited:
Clubs get some things wrong, not others. Can't think of too many players who were drafted for higher picks that didn't play their best footy at their new club out of injury. In fact I can think of far more where the club has backed out or cooled after medicals.

Guys like Beams, Bennell, Mitch Clark had many other more serious issues.
Price is one thing but off the top of my head. The Saints brining in Hannebery who never got over his injuries, O’rourke with his hamstring injuries.

I am sure countless more through history. I am not suggesting the medicals don’t help clubs get a better idea, I don’t agree that it means clubs don’t get it wrong some times.

Well. I trust the List Managers (track record of late is excellent), over a bunch of BF commentators.
Oh pack it up then, let’s not have opinions. Never question a coaching decision or a list management decision. Let’s just be cheerleaders and celebrate every decision that will be made!

I wonder if they will come hard for Battle now, we may have a bit of competition hopefully not.
Yes, Geelong had no idea what their next move would be until Touhey retired.

Now they know what they have to do.

Last edited:
Oh pack it up then, let’s not have opinions. Never question a coaching decision or a list management decision. Let’s just be cheerleaders and celebrate every decision that will be made!
Not at all, all opinions welcome - just as mine is. Which is - on current form, the list managers are doing great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Price is one thing but off the top of my head. The Saints brining in Hannebery who never got over his injuries, O’rourke with his hamstring injuries.

I am sure countless more through history. I am not suggesting the medicals don’t help clubs get a better idea, I don’t agree that it means clubs don’t get it wrong some times.
the medical will inform the risk at least which should impact what we are willing to pay at the trade table. obviously if something catastrophic happens and he has to retire in his first couple of seasons no matter what it will have been an overpay – but at least the medical should help balance the risk/reward to a reasonable level

Apparently the first 20-25 picks in this year’s draft is a good even spread of talent so if we do have our 2024 1st on the table I dare say our final ladder position would be something to quibble about like in other years.
A lot of talk that this will be the most compromised draft in years and apart from that there's only three, maybe four standouts. Anything from 5 to 25 is a lottery.
Yes you might have a better chance at 5 for example but the talent spread is so even and largely unspectacular.
This from a number of draft watchers, which is why I've been a proponent of trading our first if needed.

I just don't see the value in pick 12-14.

Can we not make Instagram a story?

What's an instagram?

steve buscemi youth GIF

episode 19 house GIF

Hope we all got our flood pants on the Iceman has melted

I
episode 19 house GIF

Hope we all got our flood pants on the Iceman has melted
I’m fine, just think it’s a pointless argument to make on a football forum all about having opinions on football.

Where I said drafted for high picks I meant traded for high picks, that was a mistype. I wouldn't count Hannebery or Patton for example because they were free hits where no real value was given up, they were early cap dumps. Hannebery was valued at around a late second with a pick shuffle, that's nothing in the grand scheme of things.

the medical will inform the risk at least which should impact what we are willing to pay at the trade table. obviously if something catastrophic happens and he has to retire in his first couple of seasons no matter what it will have been an overpay – but at least the medical should help balance the risk/reward to a reasonable level
This is the point. List managers rarely if ever make mistakes when it comes to medical results, the issue is that they misjudge the amount of risk they're taking on. In most cases when you need to give up a decent amount of assets for a player, the club isn't going to overlook something coming up in the medical. The less you need to give up the more they'll let fly on the medical because they'll start thinking about "if we can get it right".

Last edited:
I’m fine, just think it’s a pointless argument to make on a football forum all about having opinions on football.
I realize that, basically all I bring to this place is gifs and attempted humor especially when its getting tense

I got no problems with anyones opinions

Got to admit though...Iceman...melts...it was right there

Yeah sick, ignore the point of the post because of a typo.

If you can’t have a laugh at your own expense an internet forum is a really bad place to be. Plus, you’re a Panthers supporter, you’ve had it too damn good for too damn long.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back