Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Bored Paul Rudd GIF

Have you missed the Josh Battle talk all season? The talk about Tom Barrass? Harry Perryman speculation?
Prior to this season we were almost always never linked to any FA or trade candidates. There has been multiple players we've been rumoured to be chasing but we were either a footnote or not mentioned at all and as I said earlier the only time we got mentioned was if we missed out.

Prior to this season we were almost always never linked to any FA or trade candidates. There has been multiple players we've been rumoured to be chasing but we were either a footnote or not mentioned at all and as I said earlier the only time we got mentioned was if we missed out.
Like Ben Mckay and Esava?...

I think it was the Midweek tackle where they were saying the AFL is suggesting theyll be keeping a pretty close eye on any potential Cotton On deal after the Visy/Judd shambles. Whether that eventuates or not is another thing.
Yep AFL have put Mr Magoo on to the case. No pay rises at cotton on but he will squat on 25 acres of land and gain ownership by possession in 5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope the AFL scrutinize this Bailey Smith deal heavily with cotton on etc. Will they have the behind the scenes look at trade week and discuss this dodgy contract, that was done on Fox Footy
It’s Geelong. They got given a top 8 pick to take on a quality player in Bowes too.

They can do what they like

An obvious Hawks long play for Reid.

Systematically getting the other clubs to lock in their best young talent on moster deals and pricing themselves out of the impending race for Harl’s signature.

The player agents know hawthorn has the most salary cap to spend.

Join the dots

Surely we don’t have the most cap flexibility any more. St Kilda must have stupid money to offer - being that you’d be pretty stupid to take it.

This isn't just sour grapes at us missing out on Andrew (I wasn't even aware we were that interested) but surely he hasn't shown enough to warrant a 9 year investment?

Bud got offered that tenure off the back of being the best key forward in 2 decades, perhaps ever. That's the type of performance you want to lock in for almost a decade. Andrew has been good but still a fair way off the best in the league, and now you've essentially locked him in at that level. Where's the incentive to get better and fulfil his potential if he's getting over a mil a year regardless?

This isn't just sour grapes at us missing out on Andrew (I wasn't even aware we were that interested) but surely he hasn't shown enough to warrant a 9 year investment?

Bud got offered that tenure off the back of being the best key forward in 2 decades, perhaps ever. That's the type of performance you want to lock in for almost a decade. Andrew has been good but still a fair way off the best in the league, and now you've essentially locked him in at that level. Where's the incentive to get better and fulfil his potential if he's getting over a mil a year regardless?
Yes to be honest I hadn't seen or heard much of him until he kicked that goal after the siren vs the Bombers then all of a sudden he seemed to the talk of the town and money was being thrown at him.

But this is just typical GC list behaviour which I've touched on before, throwing ridicolous amounts of money and contracts at players while they are hot then having no qualms later on if things don't quite work out and dumping them and their contract in a fire sale.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back