Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

They can keep him then. I have moved from needing a key back to more needing a key forward and classy mid.

Barrass is OK for the right price, but not overs. Remember, reportedly, we are offering a 4 + 1 contact for him which is highly risky.

We really have only been monstered once this year down back, and that was by the Colman medallist, so we weren't alone in that regard.
You don’t go out of your way to target a player, commit to him, get them to nominate you and then not get it done.

You don’t go out of your way to target a player, commit to him, get them to nominate you and then not get it done.
agree we will get it done. But if WC are unreasonable. we should not be bent over just to do so. We don't need to go back too far to see the outcome of that scenario - vis Omeara and Wingard. Got bent over on both of those deals and it cost us badly down the track.

Need to keep in mind that West Coast aren't Fremantle. They're not impossible or unreasonable to deal with. A deal will get done and both clubs will be content.
Commiserations but a fantastic season, probably a year or two ahead of where most thought you’d be. Now that pick 13 is locked in for Hawthorn it will make the other elements of a potential trade for Barrass easier to work through.

We aren’t pricks, as shown by the Brockman trade last year and genuinely think in 5 years both clubs and Barrass will all look back at it as a win.

Really annoyed at this one. He must have some serious iffy vibes for the Hawks to cool on him so much as the year went along because I still think he would be a great fit

It cant be about the $$ because we have plenty and it cant be about the capital required, if you want someone you find a way.
I don't think it's a case of "iffy vibes" I think it's because with our midfield developing the way it has over the course of the year our priorities shifted to bolstering our defence. This also has the flow on effect that it frees up Weddle to play more in middle further reducing any need for Smith.

Don't get me wrong I'd love for us to still go after Smith but happy to accept the club knows better on this.

The player we need to develop is Bailey Macdonald. With his pace and run and carry traits he could become the second winger we are looking for. He certainly has shown glimpses of his rare skills at Box Hill

I just can't see him getting into our backline unfortunately. Hardwick, Amon, Impey, Mitchell and Frost (if we play Barrass and Frost) would all be ahead of him for a small defender role.

agree we will get it done. But if WC are unreasonable. we should not be bent over just to do so. We don't need to go back too far to see the outcome of that scenario - vis Omeara and Wingard. Got bent over on both of those deals and it cost us badly down the track.

Not every trade happens that a club and player wants you can walk away if the club who has the player, every player has a price that the buying club thinks the player is worth, and if the selling club asks for twice as much then walk away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need to keep in mind that West Coast aren't Fremantle. They're not impossible or unreasonable to deal with. A deal will get done and both clubs will be content.
The manager of Tom will say don’t make this difficult as you can forget about dealing with other players I have in the future. It is in the best interests of the Eagles for this reason. Will Schofield said this exact thing regarding Tom the other day. He said this is exactly what the player manager will do.

Hopefully Tom Barrass keeps number 37 from WC, it's going to be great to see 37 run around in hawthorn colours again Angelo Lekkas's number.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back