Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

His father was no slouch either
His father was amazing. Such a beautiful kick. With him and Colin Robertson together they both doubled their possessions, because people kept attributing their possessions to both of them. When the Bombres fans booed Kennedy after Robertson concussed Tim Watson in the 83 GF, you knew they had no idea which was which.

Got a feeling, the silver lining from last night, is that we'll do more deals than first thought.

Reckon we may see a few move out if offered good enough picks.

Sam won't be sitting on his hands here.

Hustwaite, Reeves, Morrison, CJ (very unlikely), Serong, DGB and Ramsden all could be worth exploring for trades.

Surely pick 12 is not on the table for John Noble…he’s a fringe back pocket player in a side that didn’t make the finals.

The AFL cannot continue to have a club distort all their other equalization measures with the amount of incompetence that club brings to list management.

I get the feeling with all their academy players waiting in the wings and only needing points they don’t seem overly interested in using the early picks. It would not surprise me one bit if they over paid for someone like John Noble.

Hustwaite, Reeves, Morrison, CJ (very unlikely), Serong, DGB and Ramsden all could be worth exploring for trades.

Doubt we’d get anything decent for Ramma and Morrison would only be valuable in a trade to a club losing a free agent otherwise he’ll go for free. Doubt we’d get much in return if he goes as a FA.

We need a key forward as a priority.

I think it’s weird to go after Barrass after Battle has already committed. Our defense held up last night. Sicily nearly turned the game in the last. Dear (developing) Gunston (finishing up) didn’t give enough forward for the first 3 quarters.

I think it’s weird to go after Barrass after Battle has already committed. Our defense held up last night. Sicily nearly turned the game in the last. Dear (developing) Gunston (finishing up) didn’t give enough forward for the first 3 quarters.

No good key forwards on the market.
Battle lets us utilise Weddle or Sicily forward. Could even play forward himself.

Battle and Barrass have different roles, Barrass is more a need, imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith isn’t what we need. If we were to hunt another midfielder I’d like one who is more dangerous with their kicking which isn’t remotely Smith’s strong suit.
Yeah I reckon Croc for bursts in the guts is the better investment. I reckon he's got more tricks than Smith anyway and needs a second position.
A year development will take us further but would love a 50 goal big forward.

Don't need to go all hail Mary after a 3 point loss in a semi in a hostile environment against a team that finished second! Mackenzie and Day are inside mids that would've come in handy last night , I also said to a mate a few weeks ago that somewhere along the line we gonna miss the big presence of Lewis, he's no slouch plus Frosty is extremely important for both structure and experience. Add Battle and Barras to those and we're cooking. Big things are ahead for this group next year onwards.
Sic could play frwd till Lewis is ready and then we could do the swap if needed.

Don't need to go all hail Mary after a 3 point loss in a semi in a hostile environment against a team that finished second! Mackenzie and Day are inside mids that would've come in handy last night , I also said to a mate a few weeks ago that somewhere along the line we gonna miss the big presence of Lewis, he's no slouch plus Frosty is extremely important for both structure and experience. Add Battle and Barras to those and we're cooking. Big things are ahead for this group next year onwards.
Sic could play frwd till Lewis is ready and then we could do the swap if needed.
Sicily’s kicking out of defence has been a huge weapon for us . He is the best at it in the league. It won’t be easy to replace.

37's all round then!

Yep I feel Clarko treated high numbers with disrespect., using these number like 37,44, 35, for new recruits and still happens today hopefully Sam changes this, and it would be great to see them on the field again as these numbers are held by players that a gave great service to our club by having life membership.

Got a feeling, the silver lining from last night, is that we'll do more deals than first thought.

I wonder if we trade out fringe players for picks to package up to move up the draft like we got Weddle, or to get Brisbane's first after we trade away our first for Barrass.

Sam has been very aggressive in talent acquisition since he took over. While Battle and Barrass may end up being all we achieve, I have no doubt he is exploring every viable option.

Worps and Nashy are work horses. Day and Newc are our class.

If Day played last night we win that game as he would have found a way through that heavy traffic at times and got the momentum our way. We missed him massively.

Feel we need another Class midfielder with Day and Newc next year.

I wonder if we trade out fringe players for picks to package up to move up the draft like we got Weddle, or to get Brisbane's first after we trade away our first for Barrass.
Hopefully they get creative. Players like Serong, Mitchell, Fine etc will attract interest you would think. Also need to make space for at least Battle and Barrass plus 3 draftees. Gunston and Breust also playing on next year, so no retirements coming.

Feel we need another Class midfielder with Day and Newc next year.

I agree but I don't think it's a pressing need.

Day and Newcombe are 23. I know development isn't linear but there is natural improvement there. Mackenzie also improved significantly on last year. Once we have other areas (KPD, outside run, KPF) better established we can look at getting that classy midfield free agent or trade.

Yep and it's Sad no more father sons come through at Hawthorn with this name from this family.
Yep, I find myself hoping his son is good at golf.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back