Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I reckon Croc for bursts in the guts is the better investment. I reckon he's got more tricks than Smith anyway and needs a second position.
A year development will take us further but would love a 50 goal big forward.

I wonder where Croc trains over pre season with the midfielders or forwards.

Ward and McKenzie can be class, just need another preseason.

Day is obviously important and then the swing players McDonald, Weddle and maybe even Watson need to have some preseason midfield time. Weddle particularly could be that burst mid to complement Day (I'm not going to right him off for a couple of mistakes in a final like some).

I don't think we are far away simplify with the players we are getting and the ones we already have, but a bad injury run would test our depth.

How do you think LDU would go in our side, I feel his not really a two way runner like all our mids are.

Im an unashamed LDU fan. Think he'd walk into our team and end up our best center square mid.

When 'on', he's a jet. I'd back Sam to get the most out of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The question Sam and Co need to answer is what's going to better for us going forward.

Sicily picking up 25 touches a game setting up our rebound.

Or

Sicily picking up 10-15 forward half touches a game and a couple of goals up forward.

The question Sam and Co need to answer is what's going to better for us going forward.

Or

Sicily picking up 10-15 forward half touches a game and a couple of goals up forward.

Burrito girl meme but it's Scrimshaw being thrown in the air.

Mariachi music 🎵 intensifies

Smith isn’t what we need. If we were to hunt another midfielder I’d like one who is more dangerous with their kicking which isn’t remotely Smith’s strong suit.
Probably not achievable but my pick is Chad Warner, good kick, breaks lines and kicks goals.

WC don’t want Barass gone, that’s why they are playing hardball.
Where the hell did you hear this? The reason why Barrass is available in the first place is because the new list manager Matthew Clarke refused to honour a handshake agreement with their former list manager Rohan O'Brien to renegotiate his contract because he's apparently not being paid that well.

This was an issue for a while now (his contract) all the way back to last season when Barrass also was rumoured to be wanting to be traded to Sydney. WC obviously don't see him as a part of their future and it's totally obvious and rightfully so that he's their best avenue into bringing in some draft collateral. WC have clearly told him that they will not renegotiate his contact and your more than welcome to speak to other clubs but we'll only trade if it's worth it for us.

This article confirms the handshake agreement which one would assume was discussed with the former CEO Trevor Nisbett and Rohan O'Brien who are now both gone and the new regime have said no.

Here's an extract from it:

"Barrass was informally told the Eagles would look to renegotiate his deal, which has been put on the backburner.

Last year CEO Trevor Nisbett and list manager Rohan O’Brien both departed the Eagles, replaced respectively by Don Pyke and Matthew Clarke."

Should GWS lose tonight, we'll know Perrymans decision on Monday.
Pretty sure Port are rumoured to be offering around 850k a season whereas were only at around 600k as is GWS. Also with Port still alive Port might've said to him to hold off if he is to choose them.

Or

Alfredo Di Stefano maybe the greatest soccer player you never heard about, some say he was the best ever.

Played for Real Madrid in 50's and captained them to 5 Champions Leagues in a row. What made him special was that he played centre back and was the leading goal scorer over that time for the club. Was even the leading goal scorer of the Champions League one season, and he's was a centre back/centre forward.

So in other words, if you have a player that good that can play both ends of the ground, you play then where you need to during the game. You need goals, he starts up forward, you need to defend he stays back. Keep the opposition guessing. That's how Sicily should be utilised.

Imagine if the Dogs said CJ or Ward plus a pick. Do you look at it?

If Gold Cost give up pick 12 for John Noble then watch the Pies have a real crack with that pick for him.
If the Pies got pick 12 for Nobel which I highly doubt (LOL) then they would be putting that on the table for Smith themselves

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back