Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Would say Eagles, Swans and Cats are probably best run clubs in the comp and for quite a long time.

WCE are just a beast off-field.
On-field, 4 flags in 30 years as an interstate club is incredibly good.
You left out the bit where they were not so well run.

What went on unchecked over there makes the Melbourne F.C look like world leaders.
I agree they are a beast off field but have been a rabble on field for a fair while now.

What went on unchecked over there makes the Melbourne F.C look like world leaders.
I agree they are a beast off field but have been a rabble on field for a fair while now.
confirming you remember they won the premiership in 2018 and have only missed finals in the last four seasons before that were inside the 8?

Was just thinking about it before, if saints are in a position to make that kind of offer to Merrett they must be pretty certain of getting band 1 compo given what the dons are sure to ask for if he did push for a trade.

Was just thinking about it before, if saints are in a position to make that kind of offer to Merrett they must be pretty certain of getting band 1 compo given what the dons are sure to ask for if he did push for a trade.
I think you're jumping at shadows with that. The offer could be pick 7 + F1.

Fair bit has happened at every club over the journey. They're not immune to that.
We had Travis Tuck ODing in a car and found by police. Buddy with a few incidents, club captain DUI and some recent racism claims.

Anyway on topic can anyone enlighten me about Perryman, I watched him in both finals that the GWS player and I honestly noticed him a few times but that’s about it.
Has been played out of position for them. Wants midfield time and would be more noticeable in there. Was a very good mid in juniors and is one where if Hawthorn get his signature you think oh good will add to the side but if they dont get him wouldnt be too concerned

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting listening to SEN this morning with guest Adam Simpson

Simpson saying after West Coast beat Freo that he had players from other clubs ring him asking to come to the Eagles because they wanted to play with Harley Reid

Note that this is directed at Simo and not you:

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Interesting listening to SEN this morning with guest Adam Simpson

Simpson saying after West Coast beat Freo that he had players from other clubs ring him asking to come to the Eagles because they wanted to play with Harley Reid

Yep, he looks the goods.

He also said he's pretty loyal but he's just someone who loves to play football with his mates, (and he's good mates with Wiz.)

I could see Hawks making a godfather offer for him, I'm sure a lot of the younger guys at our club would love to play with, he's certainly a showboater, and has swagger, something our boys love right now if you've noticed.

Just curious but why do we have to compare our current (some not even obtained yet) to our past greats? Maybe just let them develop their own identity. The game is totally different now and not many of the players compared above play anything like each other so really what's the point.
Because
Barrass = Lake = Langford

Frost = Stratton = Ayers

Battle = Gibson = O'Hallaran

Scrim = Birchall = Mew

Hardwick = Guerra = Collins

Imply, Amon = Tuck, Pritchard

Sicily = Knights

I honestly have no idea why.

For me, Barrass will make oppo fwds EmBarrassed.
Frost will make oppo fans go cold on whomsoever he plays.
Battle will win every battle for the ball with which he engages.
Scrim wins every scrimmage
Hardwick gives everyone who watches him a hard wick.
Impy, well, the OP had imply, so we'll go with that. His impish grin will imply we are thrashing them.
Amon, every kick will illicit an "Amen" from the fans.
Sicily will leave his opponent feeling sosilly.

You arent going to enjoy the deal when it happens. Pick 13 and getting something back isnt happening. West Coast will definitely be asking for the two firsts at least initially. The fact he is contracted gives West Coast all the power not Hawthorn. Before the next post is well then we walk away, saying it again, that very rarely happens when a player of Tom's ability nominates you

Sam didn’t seem confident when speaking about a trade a few weeks back. He said words similar to there’s a way to yet.

Pies now cranking up an offer for Perryman.

Assuming we've backed out of this now.

Not overly sure he is a big need, but happy to back the club in….

I feel Morrison and Jaith are jumping at the bit for their turn.

Cats interested in Jack Martin. bit old young isn't he for their profile? :drunk: :think:

edit: I stuffed up the joke. :$

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back