Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Breaking news.

Max King has signed a bumper 14 year deal worth $42 million to be a Saint for life.

Star Trek Applause GIF

Eddie Ford is an interesting one.

He has all the skill in the world, when he puts his mind to it.

The problem, as you all know, is that he is unfit and lazy at times - and at Norf, he really isn't alone in that. The whole club struggles with their culture atm.

He's still young enough for that to be coached out of him though, and he would cost very very little.

I've watched him a few times, and when he's on, he really is pretty decent.

He's kicked 31.18 from 40 games, but he's always looked 'better than that' if you know what I mean.

I dunno - I've always thought there is a decent player in there, if he would just grow up a bit.

If there was one club that's positioned to get the best out of young, slightly wayward players - it's probably us tbh.

His career is at a crossroads you feel - he's either going to grow up and have a great season, or be delisted.

I honestly think he's worth considering with our dearth of forward options as a third tall.

Plus he is 8 yrs younger than Tim Membrey!!

Last edited:
Eddie Ford is an interesting one.

He has all the skill in the world, when he puts his mind to it.

The problem, as you all know, is that he is unfit and lazy at times - and at Norf, he really isn't alone in that. The whole club struggles with their culture atm.

He's still young enough for that to be coached out of him though, and he would cost very very little.

I've watched him a few times, and when he's on, he really is pretty decent.

He's kicked 31.18 from 40 games, but he's always looked 'better than that' if you know what I mean.

I dunno - I've always thought there is a decent player in there, if he would just grow up a bit.

If there was one club that's positioned to get the best out of young, slightly wayward players - it's probably us tbh.

His career is at a crossroads you feel - he's either going to grow up and have a great season, or be delisted.

I honestly think he's worth considering with our dearth of forward options.

I like him but can't see how he gets in our best 22.

We don't really lack medium/small forwards and he is not a key forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints just reek of irrelevancy. Leaking stuff to the media daily. Embarrassing.
Theyā€™ve gotta try and show people that theyā€™re doing somethingā€¦.anything.

What would Membrey be worth in a trade?
I don't mind the idea of him being a cover for 2025, but I don't really see the long term benefits of bringing him in.
He was delisted once so therefore he just walks from the Saints as an UFA if he doesnā€™t wish to take a contract from them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back