Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Frost and rate him very highly as a 1v1 defender. But he's not versatile, he can really only play the lock down defender role. If he gets too much of the ball he becomes a weakness not a strength.

He can play on talls and smalls and has the speed strength and leap to really negate most forwards. But he can't play other positions or really offer good rebound.
Didn’t he take a lot of intercept marks last year or the year before but the problem was then his disposal? I see him being incredibly valuable barrass and frost and Hardwick defend and Sicily battle impey attack with scrimshaw and weddle a balance of both looks a great mix to me.

I can't recall Frost ever being dropped during his time with us. He has missed only through injury. Yet time and again he has been written off by the armchair experts.

We shouldn't simply assume he won't command a place in the side next year because of incoming players. Will there be stiffer competition for spots? Yes we would hope so. Do we know Sam's future ideal roles for either our current backline or new recruits? No we don't.

This year's form would suggest the cliff is still a way off. I would hate to see him traded.

Its simple if you're a player: If flags is what you seek..look around you - what better chance do you have of getting one next 1-5 years? Somewhere else? Or back yourself - work ***ing hard over summer, come back in ripping shape, win your place and drive the standard that wins a Premiership.
That's not just Frost, but the whole squad. Buy in, not out.

Barrass is clearly an upgrade on Frost. There is a reason the List Management Team and Sam want him.
Not sure it’s clearly, clearly Frost has had the better year of the two, and I don’t think Sam and the list management team are wanting to replace Frost with Barrass but rather they play together.

Anyway I want Barrass and rate him but I also want to retain Frost

As this is a hypothetical and most of us seem to think we need a KPF #1 added, I am wondering if Mitch Lewis fits our game plan. I’m not saying no I’m genuinely saying I’m not sure. I recall SYL saying something like we had a Kpf target but we needed the 2 years of future picks to enable the play. It got me thinking what if someone offered a first rounder for him like the dees and it enabled that trade, not knowing who the target is of course, would you do it? Might be a moot point now given the ACL and maybe I’m just trying to find something exciting to think about, because I love the trade/draft and this years feels pretty well organised already (which is a good thing don’t get me wrong loving that players are nominating us again and good ones at that).

As this is a hypothetical and most of us seem to think we need a KPF #1 added, I am wondering if Mitch Lewis fits our game plan. I’m not saying no I’m genuinely saying I’m not sure. I recall SYL saying something like we had a Kpf target but we needed the 2 years of future picks to enable the play. It got me thinking what if someone offered a first rounder for him like the dees and it enabled that trade, not knowing who the target is of course, would you do it? Might be a moot point now given the ACL and maybe I’m just trying to find something exciting to think about, because I love the trade/draft and this years feels pretty well organised already (which is a good thing don’t get me wrong loving that players are nominating us again and good ones at that).
Be a hard-working target happy to lead up to the Wing as a marking target? Fit it? He invented it!

Keep. Rehab. Kicks all the goals. Celebrates with Premiership.

x4-6

He's probably a spud of a player, I have no idea of his ability, but picking up Cooper Hamilton from GWS (the bloke that features on heaps of their social media) and turning him into Massimo 2025 edition, would be a wild storyline.
His leaving post below is epic as good as
Our socials have been this is next level and would be a great addition! Forget football mate there is a career here!

Be a hard-working target happy to lead up to the Wing as a marking target? Fit it? He invented it!

Keep. Rehab. Kicks all the goals. Celebrates with Premiership.

x4-6
I remember that he did look really good when further up the ground so you are probably right. Just needs a clear run at it. Lead up mark handball to weddle and wizard streaming inside 50 works for me.

His leaving post below is epic as good as
Our socials have been this is next level and would be a great addition! Forget football mate there is a career here!

Seems like a good kid.

I can't recall Frost ever being dropped during his time with us. He has missed only through injury. Yet time and again he has been written off by the armchair experts.

We shouldn't simply assume he won't command a place in the side next year because of incoming players. Will there be stiffer competition for spots? Yes we would hope so. Do we know Sam's future ideal roles for either our current backline or new recruits? No we don't.

This year's form would suggest the cliff is still a way off. I would hate to see him traded.
Never played for Box Hill in his time for us despite being dropped almost weekly by Bigfooty hawks for about 5 years.

Never played for Box Hill in his time for us despite being dropped almost weekly by Bigfooty hawks for about 5 years.

Honourary life member at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back