Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

As long as Barrass is no worse than our first and a pick slide I’m good.
He’s a good player but that’s enough to give.
To be honest, I don't care if the pick we trade for Barrass ends up being the next Hodge, Mitchell or Franklin. As long as we get a flag it's worth it.

End of 2012 we traded for Lake. Even if we somehow obtained and traded away picks 1, 2 and 3 in that draft I defy anybody to find 3 players in that draft combined that I would want over Lake.

Shame about Baz, I was convinced he was coming to us but that was early in the season when our mids weren't exactly killing it.
In all likelihood this was 100% correct at the time. But the situation changed as the team rapidly developed and our priorities shifted.

Battle as a free agent was happening regardless, but I would assume once word that Barrass was looking at his options we started to cool on the idea of getting Smith as we'd be crazy to pass up the opportunity.

Don't start throwing names out there, it triggers the mindless kneejerk auto-responses from the nuffs.

I actually don't think we are short in the midfield, especially if Weds moves in there like I think he could and should now we (hopefully) get Barrass and Battle. A midfield of Nuke, Day, Worps, Nash, Weds, plus MacKenzie and Ward, C-Mac and Moorey pinch-hitting through there, etc etc, is formidable.

Of course, that's not to say if something comes up I'd say no....

I actually reckon Rayner would be excellent.
Josh is better when he has space and the ground is open. I don’t think he will go into the middle.

More likely wing/half forward moving up and down the ground with free with the licence to roam.

If they're pushing him out the door, there's no chance they're getting 3 firsts.

Super talented and super lazy on the ground at times unfortunately.

Some of his efforts in that final were deplorable for a million dollar player.

2 x top 10 picks would be the asking price.

kangas would pay that and also hand over the deed to Arden St if they could.

Tigers? Eagles?

I mean all depends on the price really.

If Dogs are shopping him around, just depends on what they want. Dogs need to probably sell one of their 3 key forwards, as they're too stacked in that area - and Darcy will be a freak going forward.

They need to invest in their backline and ageing midfield.
Straight swap for DGB?

If there were a chance at JUH we'd be mad not to show some interest. KPFs are extremely hard to come by, especially ones with his athletic profile.

I'd be surprised if the dogs are shopping him will wait for more sources.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hasn't got the best associates off field. Been hanging around a boxing gym where plenty of undesirable types frequent and he legitimately has a horrible attitude/work rate.

Very good 22yo key forwards don't get shopped for no reason unfortunately.
I get that impression just watching him play.

Isn't he on an 7+ year deal worth more than $10m?

Can't see him suddenly finding the motivation to change. At least not for the next 7+ years.

I get that impression just watching him play.

Isn't he on an 7+ year deal worth more than $10m?

Can't see him suddenly finding the motivation to change. At least not for the next 7+ years.
JUH only extended for 2 years back in May

Nah. Hope he stays at the Bees.

He's the heart and soul of that footy club. Was in tears when they won the flag today.

Hope he gets a chance at the top level.

Was stuck in the Albury Tigers reserves during their golden era.

Had to switch to North Albury just to get senior opportunity.

Fast forward to 2024 and he's a VFL champion and being talked about as a draft prospect.

Similar story to Shaun Mannagh, who also came from the Ovens and Murray reserves. He's making a real go of his chances now at AFL level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back