List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all. I'm new to the forum but have been reading a fair few threads this off-season and thought I'd get involved. Just thought I would post this little piece of info I got this week. Was chatting to a member of the Crows coaching staff and they outlined that we went very hard at Tim English and we weren't too far off either but it came down to staying in Melbourne where he's comfortable or going home to WA. The club was very aggressive though and they certainly turned his head. The other thing I was told was that the club isn't overly keen on drafting a ruckman as they take too long to develop and it doesn't fit the club's timeline, so it sounds like there's not much chance of us drafting a ruckman this year. The club is more keen to bring in an established ruck when they can.

Hi all. I'm new to the forum but have been reading a fair few threads this off-season and thought I'd get involved. Just thought I would post this little piece of info I got this week. Was chatting to a member of the Crows coaching staff and they outlined that we went very hard at Tim English and we weren't too far off either but it came down to staying in Melbourne where he's comfortable or going home to WA. The club was very aggressive though and they certainly turned his head. The other thing I was told was that the club isn't overly keen on drafting a ruckman as they take too long to develop and it doesn't fit the club's timeline, so it sounds like there's not much chance of us drafting a ruckman this year. The club is more keen to bring in an established ruck when they can.
Thank god English wanted to stay in Melbourne then, gone from an AA ruck to not making the Dogs B&F top 10.

I just hope when we do bring in another ruck aggression at the contest is top of the requisites.

Thank god English wanted to stay in Melbourne then, gone from an AA ruck to not making the Dogs B&F top 10.

I just hope when we do bring in another ruck aggression at the contest is top of the requisites.
Yeah he seemed pretty comfortable after getting the deal he wanted that's for sure. I am also not sure how much members of the coaching staff would know about specific list management strategies though so who knows if the information I got pans out the way he suggested. Might just have been his opinion and maybe Reid and Hamish will surprise us at the draft. Does seem that we want a ready made player to take over from ROB though. Seems to line-up with all the media noise around Draper also.

lol so not making the 10 top of a B&F is a measure of a ruck, meanwhile ROB hasn’t made it for 3 years, been dropped 2 years running and you defend him at any opportunity

F@#$ me!
Doesn't fit the clubs timeline? Do they really think we are winning a flag in the next 3 years? How deluded are they?

Thanks for the info and I hope you told them their strategy is stupid. Had they drafted a ruck since ROB or Strachan, they would be ready now and trading in a ruck is easier than it sounds and that’s why we’re are stuck with a dud ruck combination that the coaches don’t rate.

lol so not making the 10 top of a B&F is a measure of a ruck, meanwhile ROB hasn’t made it for 3 years, been dropped 2 years running and you defend him at any opportunity
ROB is really, really lucky we have not had a decent backup ruckman option as he has been allowed to cruise at times knowing he is unlikely to be dropped (for long).

Unbelievable he was in our top-4 paid players at the club when he re-signed.

Thanks for the info and I hope you told them their strategy is stupid. Had they drafted a ruck since ROB or Strachan, they would be ready now and trading in a ruck is easier than it sounds and that’s why we’re are stuck with a dud ruck combination that the coaches don’t rate.
I don't think they are against drafting a ruckman I just gathered that the club's preference would be to bring someone in that isn't so raw. It seems to be their preference. I did ask what the plan was with ROB moving forward and he didn't give me anything haha.

I don't think they are against drafting a ruckman I just gathered that the club's preference would be to bring someone in that isn't so raw. It seems to be their preference. I did ask what the plan was with ROB moving forward and he didn't give me anything haha.

They haven’t drafted a ruckman since ROB and Strachan and they were rookies. Jacobs before them was a trade. Yeah they’re against drafting a ruck

ROB is really, really lucky we have not had a decent backup ruckman option as he has been allowed to cruise at times knowing he is unlikely to be dropped (for long).

Unbelievable he was in our top-4 paid players at the club when he re-signed.
One things for sure English would be on a lot more coin than ROB is currently and the numbers re what he wanted both in terms of years and $$$$s wise to shift club's backs that up. He'd want to be exceptional around the ground because he's not a great tap ruck by any stretch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m still filthy at overlooking Ned Moyle for Parnell.

Other clubs are raining with ruck options at different stages of development (Freo being exhibit A).

We’re really trying to outsmart the rest of the comp.

Had a long message I was typing with this boards infatuation on Dodson and that it did not really fit tour time line. I compared him to last years darling of this forum Taylor Goad whom had a difficult first year in the VFL. Thanks for confirming.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back