List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ha ha, your campaign against Burgess falls flat. Alll those ha ha’s coming back to bite the egg on your face. I don’t rate him either, but it’s not hard to see that with Berg going and T Murray on 0 preseasons, Burgess was a fair chance to be retained as forward/pinch hit ruck depth.
SANFL decoy for Welsh and Murray too.

Keep him there to draw good defenders away

If we're not delisting anybody else (i.e. Burgess), then we're down to 1 list management option - move 2 players from the senior list to the rookie list (i.e. delist & re-draft in the RD), and upgrade 1 player from the rookie list (most likely Keane).

There are no other options available to us, unless an unexpected trade pops up in the next week, removing a contracted player from our list.

Thanks, just getting my head around this so just stay with me.

We 'delist' two players with the intention of putting them on the Rookie list.

We would take pick 4 and then I assume Welsh and then upgrade Keane with our 3rd pick? Main list is then full. So really only 1 live pick in the main draft (pick 4). Any other picks beyond pick 4 on draft night are useless except for matching a bid on Welsh. We could upgrade Keane in round 5 if we had to.

We then redraft the two players from the Senior list that we want to 'downgrade' in the Rookie draft. Then no 'live' picks in the Rookie draft? Rookie list is full.

Thanks, just getting my head around this so just stay with me.

We 'delist' two players with the intention of putting them on the Rookie list.

We would take pick 4 and then I assume Welsh and then upgrade Keane with our 3rd pick? Main list is then full. So really only 1 live pick in the main draft (pick 4). Any other picks beyond pick 4 on draft night are useless except for matching a bid on Welsh. We could upgrade Keane in round 5 if we had to.

We then redraft the two players from the Senior list that we want to 'downgrade' in the Rookie draft. Then no 'live' picks in the Rookie draft? Rookie list is full.
Correct on almost all points.

Rookie upgrades no longer happen via the draft, so there's no "5th round pick" or anything required. It's a very small point.

Other than that, you have it 100% correct.

On SM-A5360 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wouldn't be surprised if we traded a contracted player out.

I’d be surprised if we pushed anyone out. But I’ll be pleasantly surprised if we do. But if we can’t even do the obvious and easy decision by forcing Smith’s retirement then I hold out little hope. We hang on to senior players until they’ve fully withered on the vine.

Ha ha, your campaign against Burgess falls flat. Alll those ha ha’s coming back to bite the egg on your face. I don’t rate him either, but it’s not hard to see that with Berg going and T Murray on 0 preseasons, Burgess was a fair chance to be retained as forward/pinch hit ruck depth.
Toby Murray did some sort of preseason with our AFL squad before playing in our SANFL team and then joining the AFL team in the MSD. Maybe not a full preseason but a fair stretch of it.

Last edited:
no egg on my face at all but yes wanted him gone so we could get a project ruck or a mature ruck. something.

I thought they knew they’d bought a dud with c burger rings and he was definitely bring delisted?
what i said was that originally footywire had his contract as finishing 2024 which they changed couple of weeks ago. not that i knew he was definitely being delisted

get your facts straight. but yes i want him gone he's a list clogger

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to take 3 picks at draft. Can include rookie upgrades.

1 Jones
2 Keays
3 Berry
4 Murphy
5 Crouch
6 Curtin
7 Thilthorpe
8 Rachele
9 Pedlar
10 Edwards
11Dawson
12 Walker
13 Soligo
14 Cook
15 Michalanney
16 Taylor
17 Hinge
18 Ryan
19 Rankine
20 Worrell
21 Schoenberg
22 Nankervis
23 N Murray
24 Laird
25 Milera
26 Dowling
27 Fogarty
28 Sholl
29 Bond
30 Butts
31 O'Brien
32 Strachan
33 Cumming Free agent
34 Pick 4
35 Neale-Bullen - Still to happen (pick 25)
36 Peatling - Still to happen (future second)
37 Welsh Father son
38 Keane upgrade

Rookies
1 Borlase
2 T Murray
3 - Rookie Pick
4 - Smith downgraded

Cat B Rookie
1 Gallagher

Delist Burgess

Last edited:
Playstation trade time

Firstly ANB is a 3rd rounder and steak knife pick swaps at best. I dont understand why people are suggesting he is a 2nd. Thats ridiculous. He is 29 next year. But what do I expect from group who think Luko is a 2nd rounder. For Reference, Jack Billings same age, better output went from St Kilda to Melbourne in 2023 for a third rounder. So i would not expect Melbourne to be arguing for a 2nd rounder.

ANB - I expect this to be a future 3rd. Pretty straight forward.

Crows - ANB
Demons - F3

Peatling - It wouldnt surprise me if this is a future 2nd. GWS may want pick 25 though because of all the talent they lost so maybe willing to trade some later picks to sweeten the deal. so perhaps pick 25 and for Peatling and pick 49.

(this one is harder, probably could easily go either way, my prediction is future 2nd)
Crows - Peatling or Peatling, F3
GWS - Future 2nd Pick 25

Crows - Pick 12, Pick 46
Gold Coast - Future 1st, Pick 42

End of trade period
Crows> Peatling, ANB, Cumming, Draft Picks: 4, 12, 25, 46, 60

Summary, its a big talent injection onto the list at the expense of next years drafting as the club has seemingly made it clear it wants several players from this years draft. However, with multiple years draft picks available to trade next year, should be easy enough to trade back into next years draft.

1 Jones
2 Keays
3 Berry
4 Murphy
5 Crouch
6 Curtin
7 Thilthorpe
8 Rachele
9 Pedlar
10 Edwards
11Dawson
12 Walker
13 Soligo
14 Cook
15 Michalanney
16 Taylor
17 Hinge
18 Ryan
19 Rankine
20 Worrell
21 Schoenberg
22 Nankervis
23 N Murray
24 Laird
25 Milera
26 Dowling
27 Fogarty
28 Sholl
29 Bond
30 Butts
31 O'Brien
32 Strachan
33 Cumming Free agent
34 Pick 4
37 Welsh Father son
38 Keane upgrade

Rookies
1 Borlase
2 T Murray
3 - Rookie Pick
4 - Smith downgraded

Cat B Rookie
1 Gallagher
You're missing someone from the senior list.

Moving 2 players to the rookie list, and upgrading Keane, leaves us with pick #4 and Welsh (plus Cumming/ANB/Peatling). You've given us an extra vacancy. I'm not sure who you've missed.

Playstation trade time

Firstly ANB is a 3rd rounder and steak knife pick swaps at best. I dont understand why people are suggesting he is a 2nd. Thats ridiculous. He is 29 next year. But what do I expect from group who think Luko is a 2nd rounder. For Reference, Jack Billings same age, better output went from St Kilda to Melbourne in 2023 for a third rounder. So i would not expect Melbourne to be arguing for a 2nd rounder.

Crows - ANB
Demons - F3

Peatling - It wouldnt surprise me if this is a future 2nd. GWS may want pick 25 though because of all the talent they lost so maybe willing to trade some later picks to sweeten the deal. so perhaps pick 25 and for Peatling and pick 49.

(this one is harder, probably could easily go either way, my prediction is future 2nd)
GWS - Future 2nd Pick 25

Crows - Pick 12, Pick 46

End of trade period

Summary, its a big talent injection onto the list at the expense of next years drafting as the club has seemingly made it clear it wants several players from this years draft. However, with multiple years draft picks available to trade next year, should be easy enough to trade back into next years draft.
There's a fundamental problem with this - we only have 2 vacancies to fill in the ND. That means we can only take 2 picks into the ND.

Silvers has stated that we're not delisting anyone else. Assuming we don't get any last-second unexpected contracted players being traded out, then there's only 1 possible permutation - we take 2 picks in the ND (pick #4 and Welsh).

That being the case, there's not a lot of scope for PlayStation trading for a whole bunch of picks in the 2024 ND that we can't use.

If we followed your scenario, we'd either need to swap picks 25, 46 and 60 for picks in the 2025 ND, or forfeit them completely.

There's a fundamental problem with this - we only have 2 vacancies to fill in the ND. That means we can only take 2 picks into the ND.

Silvers has stated that we're not delisting anyone else. Assuming we don't get any last-second unexpected contracted players being traded out, then there's only 1 possible permutation - we take 2 picks in the ND (pick #4 and Welsh).

That being the case, there's not a lot of scope for PlayStation trading for a whole bunch of picks in the 2024 ND that we can't use.

If we followed your scenario, we'd either need to swap picks 25, 46 and 60 for picks in the 2025 ND, or forfeit them completely.

Well the scenario still counts just remove the gc trade and steak knife picks. Crows will take Welsh at 25. So that means this is us for the off season.

If thats the case its still an A+++ off season for us. AFL wise its still an A.

Playstation trade time

Crows - ANB
Demons - F3

GWS - Future 2nd Pick 25

Crows - Pick 12, Pick 46

End of trade period

You have to hold a F1 or a F2 so we can't do this.

Also we don't have the list spots for all those picks. No point using pick 25 for a rookie upgrade.

If anything we will be looking to trade out once we have pick 4 and enough points for Welsh.

Well the scenario still counts just remove the gc trade and steak knife picks. Crows will take Welsh at 25. So that means this is us for the off season.

If thats the case its still an A+++ off season for us. AFL wise its still an A.
We'd probably want to trade pick #25, giving us a later pick (around 40) in this draft, and some extra value in the 2025 draft. Pick 25 is almost certainly over-paying for Welsh.

1 Jones
2 Keays
3 Berry
4 Murphy
5 Crouch
6 Curtin
7 Thilthorpe
8 Rachele
9 Pedlar
10 Edwards
11Dawson
12 Walker
13 Soligo
14 Cook
15 Michalanney
16 Taylor
17 Hinge
18 Ryan
19 Rankine
20 Worrell
21 Schoenberg
22 Nankervis
23 N Murray
24 Laird
25 Milera
26 Dowling
27 Fogarty
28 Sholl
29 Bond
30 Butts
31 O'Brien
32 Strachan
33 Cumming Free agent
34 Pick 4
37 Welsh Father son
38 Keane upgrade

Rookies
1 Borlase
2 T Murray
3 - Rookie Pick
4 - Smith downgraded

Cat B Rookie
1 Gallagher

Burgess?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2