List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Would we be interested to pry John Noble out of Collingwood?

I like Noble. Has pace and cuts through the lines well. We lack line breakers with Milera out

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No lifetime free agency. I believe that Sanders was all over this

By all reports he was still contracted to Collingwood for the 2022 season, but told Collingwood he wanted to stay in Ireland. I believe he technically retired, as opposed to having been formally delisted by the Pies.

If this is the case then the Pies would need to trade for him next year once he’s out of contract. If they want him in this years trade period then his Free Agency status post Pies is irrelevant, Pies will have to pay up

is there actually any whisper on Cumming being chased by any team? All i've heard is about Perryman.
Cumming is a good player, and has the potential to be 'very good'. I really hope we are into him.

The thing with Cumming - he hasn’t signed. And there hasn’t yet been talk of him signing

Part of that is he has been injured most of the year - but like Rankine and Dawson previously, they weren’t linked away from their clubs until late in the season. Makes me think he is our man

I'm still hopeful we might do some left of centre things.

Trade for Alex Davies, say. Tim English as a free agent. Jack Graham and Cumming as well.

There's some genuine list improvements we can make while still hopefully having two picks before Welsh.

This is the list of out of contract players for next year. No reason to doubt footywire which has Keane as NFA (not free agent)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240714_080615_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240714_080615_Chrome.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 48
Reckon we can cover him, Muzz and Worrell will make the 2nd kpd job easier to cover I reckon. Depends what we get for him of course

I agree. Not giving him away but if we got a good trade then we can probably cover him. I certainly wouldn't be offering him an over the top long term extension to stay.

Unpopular opinion but I agree with Kane Cornes and watching Thilthorpe in the last quarter reinforced it for me.

Its time to make it Thilthorpe and Fogerty's forward line. Tex may have some football left in him and is one of the greats of the club but let's set the forward line structure up for the future.

Completely different discussion if we were a premiership contender next year. Hawkins at Geelong isn't the same scenario. I kind of think it's irrelevant how many games and goals Tex might kick next year. It's all about moving on and letting others step up.

Unpopular opinion but I agree with Kane Cornes and watching Thilthorpe in the last quarter reinforced it for me.

Its time to make it Thilthorpe and Fogerty's forward line. Tex may have some football left in him and is one of the greats of the club but let's set the forward line structure up for the future.

Completely different discussion if we were a premiership contender next year. Hawkins at Geelong isn't the same scenario. I kind of think it's irrelevant how many games and goals Tex might kick next year. It's all about moving on and letting others step up.
100% and this has been the basis of my calling for Tex to retire

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think this opinion is that unpopular.

we have been more balanced over the past few weeks in terms of our forward 50 targets though, so perhaps there is a situation where Tex can play, but Thilthorpe and Fog are the main guys.

I don’t think this opinion is that unpopular.

we have been more balanced over the past few weeks in terms of our forward 50 targets though, so perhaps there is a situation where Tex can play, but Thilthorpe and Fog are the main guys.
If we use Tex wisely then he can play next year and still be a valuable asset, but he almost needs to play as a decoy taking his defender out of the play to allow more space for TT & Fog. He’ll always draw a quality player given how dangerous he is, so then that allows lesser defenders on TT & Fog which is still to their advantage.

That and give him regular rests throughout the season so he plays 15-18 games.

I think one more year for Walker works well. Thilthorpe is still developing, we're almost certain to draft another forward option this year who will benefit from Walker being around the club, and Walker is still a dangerous player who can help the club win games next year.

By the end of next season Thilthorpe should be coming into his own as a key forward and Welsh is hopefully ready for some regular AFL time.

He looked like he had the physical attributes based on last night, and I thought he looked reasonably composed under pressure. Wait and see over the next few weeks how he goes

Yeah, I agree. Last night's game was just too much of an outlier to make any kind of conclusion (and in ways that benefited players like Bond over players like Higgins). But I'm cautiously optimistic.

I think the coaches have some belief Bond might turn into that player.

Liked his speed and composure. One play where the ball got over the back and Higgins was charging, Bond kept his feet, ball in front and comfortably had the speed to hold his position.

Good game first up

Last edited:
No one has really wanted Borlase on their main list since his draft year, I don't think he has shown enough to improve his chances since then. Certainly no one is trading him for anything more than a 4th round pick.
and lets be very clear here, fourth round picks are basically worthless, nowadays most clubs are passing by that point in the draft

Because he's not very good, that's why
Athlete more than a footballer.
He looked pretty good vs Geelong
Only 12 games into his career so far

Are you sure you're not critical of him because we chose to overlook him?

I'm still hopeful we might do some left of centre things.

Trade for Alex Davies, say. Tim English as a free agent. Jack Graham and Cumming as well.

There's some genuine list improvements we can make while still hopefully having two picks before Welsh.
English close to re-signing apparently

You think Welsh will slip in the 30s?

Absolute silence from the media about Cumming .....

And yet quality players are still being found late and in the rookie draft.
But it's a low % success rate of those tried. The success rate obviously drops significantly as the pick number gets higher. You need to try so many more in that category to get a keeper.

Clubs don't accumulate fourth rounders, unless you're Port with nothing earlier LOL or unless you're bidding on JUH, NDaicos, Ashcrofts etc, the latter reason we hope the AFL fixes this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back