Preview 2024 Rd 19 Carlton vs North Melbourne Sunday 21st July 4:40PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Kennedy plays time at half back we have not learnt from last year.. that experiment failed badly.

Shows how far Young has fallen down the pecking order if we're keeping S. Durdin as an emergency (when he supposedly struggled to get through training) ahead of him.

We have Weitering, Young, and Durdin as our key backs and two of those the MC clearly do not trust. We have Gov, Marchbank, and Kemp as third tall/interceptors and two of those are constantly injured and the other is obviously not trusted. Backline should 100% be the priority through the draft and trade period.

He got coaches votes playing there against GWS when we beat them earlier in the year.

Last week we go with Cripps and Cerra as our inside mids and Kennedy as sub.

This week it's Cripps, Cerra, Kennedy, Hewett and Carroll.

I'm not sure what our strategy is sometimes.

Yeah agreed it's odd.

Going from 2.5 to 5, I really think Carroll being in is overkill.

Having said that, we've dropped Pitto too, so I think that helps with the pace issues.

Team sheet is interesting if it ends up like that.

If Cerra isn’t in call, I wonder if he’d be better off coming off half back and swapping with Kennedy

Sorry, what obvious reasons would they be? Please explain

Has been POOR, average, beaten, out of sorts for the last month, that’s being generous…

We all have players we love to support and push up but when it comes to contending for a flag, I’m sorry, there is no room for sentiment.

He can play but he’s not a defender and we have better options on the list, hence why he was dropped…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I’m thinking Marchy is not the future …

Going by his history what are the chances of him being fit and available for the remainder of the season…inc finals if we go all the way?

If you want us to win the flag this year, we need him on the last Saturday in September….

*Not sure Kemp is the future either…

If you want us to win the flag this year, we need him on the last Saturday in September….

*Not sure Kemp is the future either…
Putting his talent/skills aside - he just can’t stand up for long enough unfortunately…never has and now this late in his career probably even less likely.

I agree kemp is not ideal either but unless Nigel steps up (also unlikely) we don’t have any other option.

I’m not sure why the club didn’t address this issue over last couple of seasons.

One things for certain - if we hold the ball at every opportunity instead of attacking the opponent, and let that opponent move the ball without so much as an ounce of pressure like last week, then it doesn’t matter who we trot out.

Without the pill, we need intensity at the contest, with it, I'd like to see a bit more tempo

Unexpected team changes. Picked every onballer we have. Hope this works. No way Kennedy plays defence, has very few attributes for a half back. Think we will see an expirement here. Cuningham maybe. Cerra, hope he gets forward time.
how so?

he reads the play very well, he's terrific overhead and he's very hard at it....

Not every HB needs to be a rebounding type....

Feels like a few players are being given opportunity to show they still have a future at Carlton

Hopefully we get something from it, ie Williams on the forward half

Happy to see Cunningham in the team and hope he is not the sub, I think he provides a big point of difference as he’s the only one of our mids that has a turn of foot and when he’s up and going is great for us. Rarely happens though and this is his last chance but I’m glad to see him in the team. For mine Cunningham, Martin and Zac Williams are extremely important for us come finals time. Point of difference players who are in form win you prelim and grand finals.

You’d have to think Carroll will be the sub. I have also heard Voss say they will use the sub role to manage players from time to time so that is consistent with seeing the likes of MK, Hewett, Owies etc as sub.

Also someone else mentioned Hewett may have been a little undone last week recovering from the flu the prior week so there’s always availability that we aren’t 100% privy to (nor should be).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back