Preview 2024 Rd 20 Carlton vs Port Adelaide Friday 26th July 7:40PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

going by the injury reports and some potential outs based on itks info we are in a bit of strife in terms of fielding a reasonably good team

Very confident we field a very competitive team and if you listen to Crippa on afl360 he don’t care about brownlows has only one thing on his (their) mind.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cottrell was good on Sunday and will probably go up a notch on Friday.

I'm a critic of OF being put straight into the 22 on a lot of weeks. Got humbled when he kicked 4 against the tigers, but he's not the long term solution; stop-gap/super sub imo.

Especially now since Motlop is back. Hard to see OF take Motlop's spot after 3 goal performance on Sunday.
Especially since Motlop and Fantasia play different positions/roles.

On SM-F946B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bit of a judgment call, depending on how serious the niggle is and risk of making it worse. Also depends on the borderline player you’re talking about - Carroll and Cuners should be in the mix.

I would prefer 3 best 22 players with restricted fitness to win the game, if possible.

Some of our borderline players may be found wanting and not sure if the senior players who have been out of form over the past few weeks have turned the corner.

If we’re carrying too many out of form or borderline players who are not up to it, we will struggle to win.
Could you imagine if we selected Akuei, Moir and Monahan because they were fresh and healthy, then lose?

This joint would riot, SelEcTion iNteGrity

Still plenty of quality to bring in
Very confident we field a very competitive team and if you listen to Crippa on afl360 he don’t care about brownlows has only one thing on his (their) mind.

To win this week with a 5 day break those quality players have to put in more which means they become even more “sore”.

They’ve obviously got to manage the players as best as they can given the circumstances.

Could you imagine if we selected Akuei, Moir and Monahan because they were fresh and healthy, then lose?

This joint would riot, SelEcTion iNteGrity
Have they earned a selection? How about just select Young, Martin and say Fantasia. Melodramatic much.

Last edited:
To win this week with a 5 day break those quality players have to put in more which means they become even more “sore”.

They’ve obviously got to manage the players as best as they can given the circumstances.
the 22/23 just need to share the load....

Win the ball, use it well - you don't get battered.

He had 2 turnovers for the game.
And his couple of mistakes were decision making rather than skill errors.
I disagree - he doesn’t have the skill to pull off kicks into the corridor - therefore bad decisions.

I think he has a good future - he just needs to play to his strength - 2 way running.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious question we were debating today on chat

Would you rather play 3 Best 22 players that are restricted fitness wise or 3 fresh borderline best 22 players?

Especially after a 5 day break

Depends on who the best 22 players are but ...

Fresh and fit players every day of the week. If you can bring the pressure, you can wear the jumper imo.

Bit of a judgment call, depending on how serious the niggle is and risk of making it worse. Also depends on the borderline player you’re talking about - Carroll and Cuners should be in the mix.
Binns Cuningham Lord Young were the types I was referring to. Not many others available I would call “Borderline”

Last edited:

Sure the match committee would’ve planned for this block weeks ago unfortunate with some injuries and sore bodies.

Incorrect, because he pulled off at least 2 corridor kicks on the weekend
He also turned at least 2 over - what might that cost us in a GF?

IMHO - Ollie does some good defensive things - but he’s often been slow to dispose of the ball & has been caught holding it , often can’t stick tackles & his disposal is 50/50.

He needs time in the 2’s to focus on his strengths & work on his weaknesses.

I’d like to see Cerra to his wing.

He also turned at least 2 over - what might that cost us in a GF?

IMHO - Ollie does some good defensive things - but he’s often been slow to dispose of the ball & has been caught holding it , often can’t stick tackles & his disposal is 50/50.

He needs time in the 2’s to focus on his strengths & work on his weaknesses.

I’d like to see Cerra to his wing.
What if he pulls 6 off that result in goals in a grand final? That’s such a hollow argument

going by the injury reports and some potential outs based on itks info we are in a bit of strife in terms of fielding a reasonably good team
Moment please.

We have some quality potentially available to add into the 22......Gov, Marchy, Martin, Pitto, Boyd, Cuningham, Fantasia. You could argue that most are in our best 22 regardeless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back