Preview 2024 Rd 20 Carlton vs Port Adelaide Friday 26th July 7:40PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to point out that Hoyney from Champion Data was on SEN, and he said that they decide when a clearance has occurred. Cripps we know gets genuine clearances. I saw Carroll gets hands on the ball a few times at centre bounces and dispose of it to a team-mate. He might not have been given the official clearance, but he certainly contributed to more clearances than the 1 he was given by champion data.

Sometimes it's the final player who roosts it forward who gets awarded the clearance, despite the work of others that gets the ball free.

This is where I get confused on hoyney. I like above but what about his previous info on us about points scored form stoppage losses and that we have KPDer issues. And how we need to be in the top right corner of their KPI chart which we are currently not due to being scored against so easily.

Personally, for 5 weeks running we had form that was a chance to win a flag...now in the last 3 weeks we couldnt really win a flag with the current form. I'll check back again to get the new situation in 3 weeks time.

Yes, I know, i quoted the wrong post...the one after this you posted. I'm about as useful as Hoyney is.

Could it be that winning a contested possession is classed as a contested possession and clearing the ball from the stoppage is classed as a clearance?

Of this I am sure, a goal counts for six points and a point counts for one.

Jacks been out of the team for so long many have forgotten what he brings. He’ll be a very important inclusion for us.

To your point though - why isn’t the forward coach addressing these issues - surely this is forward coaching 1.0.1.
I'm not sure. When I played (casually, cricket was my commitment) it was a solid mix. Players tautght to be selfish to stand out and 'make it' vs players tagged as never going to make it taught the team stuff in the f50. My guess is its extremely hard to break habits set over many seasons during those teenage development years.

Or our forward coach is dopy

Sorry to intrude, but going to the game as my son is a huge Blues fan. It is horrendous that the afl would program a 5 day break for a team this time of year. Their programming could cost you a top 2 spot I'm tipping a narrow Carlton win but if Port come to play which they seem to do only every couple of games so none knows with them, they likely take the points based on your short break. You will have grounds to really stick it to the Afl.

Sorry to intrude, but going to the game as my son is a huge Blues fan. It is horrendous that the afl would program a 5 day break for a team this time of year. Their programming could cost you a top 2 spot I'm tipping a narrow Carlton win but if Port come to play which they seem to do only every couple of games so none knows with them, they likely take the points based on your short break. You will have grounds to really stick it to the Afl.
We actually had a 5 day break and had to play interstate when we played Port earlier this season and we ran over the top of them. Port are interstate after a 6 day break so if we are any good it won't stop us. We probably have a few more sore bodies than we did last time which could impact things. I'm sure that all teams have the same though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So trying to put the pieces together...
TDK, S Durdin and Acres were the definite 3 to miss. From previous posts I'm guessing the 50/50s will be from the group of Weitering, Walsh, McGovern, Boyd, Kennedy, Marchbank and Martin.

Tough week for the MC. Can't take too many underdone blokes in or we'll get jumped, also think they'll want to limit to 4-5 changes for continuity.

Not ideal but understandable.

Walsh to that wing?

I'd like to see him there if he is up to it. If he is to play, I think taking him out of the middle to reduce body contact may give him some respite on the bruises he copped last week. Seemed to notice the old fashion fall on top of the player with your knees a little too much last week.

Cerra has to find form in the middle, Carrol had a great first half there, just need him to build on it. Cerra got killed in the first half in the back line, I'd hate to see what a good forward would do to him

We actually had a 5 day break and had to play interstate when we played Port earlier this season and we ran over the top of them. Port are interstate after a 6 day break so if we are any good it won't stop us. We probably have a few more sore bodies than we did last time which could impact things. I'm sure that all teams have the same though.
Speaking to a port friend of mine this week, he made me aware port also were off a 5 day break last time u played and in fact went on about the fact that not only that but they were playing their 3rd game in 10 days when they came up against you and also coming back from tassie the round before. Sound like he was looking for excuses but he was convinced they were the reasons you ran riot in the last qtr last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back