Preview 2024 Rd 20 Carlton vs Port Adelaide Friday 26th July 7:40PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious as to why Marchbank was named for Kemp last week, and was a late out will an illness, but isn't in instead of Kemp for tomorrow night. Still sick, or was that one game from Kemp enough to show the consistency that Voss wanted to see? I'm not complaining mind you.
It's a good point. My guess.. he's not 100% over the illness and given we allegedly have a lot of sore guys this week, they don't want to risk another not at 100%. What we do know is Marchbank is preferred by MC over Kemp (rightly or wrongly) when fit. This has been evident historically, which is what draws me to the conclusion above.

We can never replace TDK and Acres like for like as they're our best in their respective positions but the overall team balance looks better this week at first glance.

To those bagging Cottrell, he's only had two games back from injury, and yes the first one stunk it up, but the second one was 100% better, was our forth highest ranked player last round....
I'd play him as the 7th defender, it's a small forward line, why not?? Keep Cincotta for Butters/Rozee, don't forget he wasn't tagging last time we played..

He was significantly below his best against the dogs. MC might’ve liked what they saw from Cerra off HB as well. Nothing wrong with him having a week in the twos.
Cerra didn’t set the world on fire off HB either. Was poor imo. That said, the MC is resolute on keeping Cerra in to play him to form. Hopefully he has a blinder tomorrow

Cerra didn’t set the world on fire off HB either. Was poor imo. That said, the MC is resolute on keeping Cerra in to play him to form. Hopefully he has a blinder tomorrow
Agreed I thought he had some really poor moments in the first half. Second half was much better though. Hope he builds on it. We need him at his absolute best.

He was significantly below his best against the dogs. MC might’ve liked what they saw from Cerra off HB as well. Nothing wrong with him having a week in the twos.

If they are honestly keeping Boyd out of the team in order to name Cerra at HB, I'll get an "essendon forever" tattoo on my forehead.

I hope we line up like this

B: Cincotta Weitering McGovern
HB: Newman Kemp Saad
C: Walsh Cripps Hollands
HF: Elijah McKay Cottrell
F: Fogarty Curnow Motlop
Foll: Pittonet Hewett Cerra
Int: Cowan Kennedy Owies Carroll (Cuningham)

Good side with run that should win
Cottrell on Houston
We need Cincottas run and toughness from defence
McKay/Kennedy to chop out Pittonet
Walsh on a wing and just run and play link up/outside

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm curious as to why Marchbank was named for Kemp last week, and was a late out will an illness, but isn't in instead of Kemp for tomorrow night. Still sick, or was that one game from Kemp enough to show the consistency that Voss wanted to see? I'm not complaining mind you.
Agree seems a bit odd. Kemp only played about 3/4 of the VFL game I think. Hardly enough time to go back and work on a few things.as Vossy stated.

In any case I like Kemp in the back 6.

Is Binns any less ready than Hollands was?

I have some doubts on Binns but Voss spoke about rewarding good form in the VFL, then Acres is out. I thought it was perfect opportunity for him

He has earned it more than some others IMO

Yeah that was my point, Ollie already is not physically able to hold his ground at AFL level. So if we have Ollie on one wing and Binns on the other we're going to be in trouble.

Compared to our Round 12 clash.

Carlton
In: Motlop, Cerra, Cuningham, Cottrell, Pittonet
Out: Acres, Boyd, De Koning, Fantasia, Williams

Port
In: Sweet, Narkle, L Evans, Rozee, Rioli
Out: Burton, Finlayson, Marshall, McEntee, Soldo

Just to repeat, we have a bye this week in the VFL.

So Martin, Boyd etc, won’t be playing unless they’re called up as a late change.

The VFL bye probably delays Martin coming back in the team.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don’t think Boyd is fully fit but we have no one else.

Bit like Durdin last week and didn’t that work out well

I have no doubt if persisted with he would quickly find his best form. Too good a player not to. IMO moving him aroudn hasn't help him at all. He is mid, pure and simple
Thats probably very true about him being moved around alot, it doesnt help when trying to get some form back into your game.

I think he is a very good player and he showed that last year, but i also think he shouldnt be thought of as undroppable. There are very few players who fall into that position in my books... Cripps, Charlie, McKay & Weitering. Maybe Newman, Walsh & Saad as well, but they arent as iron clad as the other 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back