Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Team is in …

2 Changes

IMG_0952.jpeg
MILESTONE: Nic Newman 100 Carlton Games

IMG_0953.jpeg

As for Charlie I'm 'glad' it is just maybe an ankle. When he first hobbled off my heart skipped a beat thinking it was his knee.

If we don’t go into this game thinking the Hawks are gettable we might as well pack it up.

They’re a young side, this is the second big lead they’ve given up this season and it’s a long year. We really should aim to come out the blocks hot, really get physical with them and blunt them early

No excuses. Just win this ****ing game

Argh, conflicted. It's hard to say this because I don't really want Carlton to win, but Carlton will win this one. It's not because of the rivalry or the race to 17, I love Curnow, Cripps and Weitering, true superstars of the game, and lord knows Cripps deserves some team success.

The reason I don't want you to win is Voss and Docherty. Hate Voss dating back to 02 and 03. Couldn't stand him coaching a flag! Love Docherty and couldn't stand seeing him miss.

Having said this. Don't throw everything away. Carltons game style is more suited to contested finals. You can easily win the last 3 games and then be a very good chance for top 4. You can win an interstate first final. The comp is ridiculously even, but not many teams have the weapons Carlton has, particularly when TDK comes back.

Hopefully Walsh will be much better after the finals bye week off too.
Wtf!? Nicest Pies fan ever! ❤️

Will run us off our feet and beat us by 10 goals.
Maybe. Maybe not though.

Hawks went to GWS and only kicked 12 goals. If Weitering shuts down Chol, and Kemp sticks fat with Gunston, I actually think our backs can really put the heat on their smalls.

I’d send Cincotta to Newcombe for a really hard and physical tag also.

I suspect we will come out victors in this match

I’m not denying that we’ve had our share of important injuries, but injuries were not the reason we’ve dropped all of those 5+ goal leads this season.

Wouldn’t you agree?
It’s an irrelevant point.

If we hadn’t lost TDK we would finish 2nd on the ladder. If we had Jack silvan we wouldn’t be facing 3 on 2 against our key forwards every week. If we hadn’t lost Doc then Ollie hollands would be playing his 15th vfl game of the year. Way too many out for too long at critical points.

Pitto is insipid. Meek will kill him. I’d play Mirkov.
Meek would literally kill Mirkov, as in snap him in half. If you can stomach it have a look at the last quarter of last nights game again. Pitto dominated. Granted he was poor before that but he definitely lifted in the last. No way Voss drops him to play Mirkov.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Fantasia call is amusing in a way. He's a low volume role player, but we have several of those in our bad run of form at the moment. We are 9-4 with him, but 3-5 without him. That could be coincidence of course, but have we overlooked something he provided?
A seasoned and smart player, just can't blast it by foot or blaze away at full speed as much as he likes. Covers a lot of ground, gets the defensive and transition work right, but doesn't have confidence in his ability to kick through the ball without discomfort enough to drag the kick.

Very much a case of valuing his output for where he's at, instead of thinking we're going to get the player at the peak of his powers. He's probably playing more AFL minutes than was projected for him in the pre-season.
Meek would literally kill Mirkov, as in snap him in half. If you can stomach it have a look at the last quarter of last nights game again. Pitto dominated. Granted he was poor before that but he definitely lifted in the last. No way Voss drops him to play Mirkov.
Mirkov is taller, and they're about the same weight so it's more about how each of them plays off that contact.

Meek is big on negating the opposition ruck, and he does it a lot better than what Pittonet has been doing, but Mirkov would prove a literal massive challenge for him in that respect.

He won't be able to track Meek easily in open play or on the spread, but that's no different to Pittonet. Would rather he just set himself up to be a kick behind play when we've got the footy and getting himself set up in defence when we don't, unless both our key forwards are in the defensive half and the opposition have left the gate open for Mirkov to run on.

He's agile enough and a good enough read in the air that he'll make the opposition kick around him, and at stoppages he's going to put his body in more than Pittonet is currently.

Hawks is the perfect barometer test on whether we should play finals and can compete. If we win against the Hawks then we are likely going to finish Top 4* and suddenly playing at the SCG doesn’t seem as daunting.

If we lose to the Hawks we probably finish 8th and will have all away games unless we make it all the way to Grand Final.

* if we can beat the in form Hawks then there’s really no way we are going to lose against the Eagles or Saints and given those above us are playing each other, 3 wins means we finish top 4 only question is 3rd or 4th and will Swans finish 1st or 2nd

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That’s just a cliche. Every team does not have the same injuries as we’ve had. This year losing Doc and SOS for the full year. Losing TDK at a critical time. Never got Martin or Cerra up and going.

Massive losses to critical players. Especially TDK. If TDK plays we beat the pies and probably port.

We would finish 2nd and all rejoice.
Brizzy are surviving with 5 ACL's and a recently cured one.

Brizzy are surviving with 5 ACL's and a recently cured one.
Agreed.

The if TDK played narrative is another smoke screen. Didnt explain the performance versus the dogs...

Who were not in form, and well out of the 8.

If we were legit top2, coming off a loss to GWS, for the captains 200 we should have got the job done.

West Coast 2018, lost NicNat, Gaff, Sheppard and still found a way to win a flag, rolling with Nathan Vardy in the ruck.

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Agreed.

The if TDK played narrative is another smoke screen. Didnt explain the performance versus the dogs...

Who were not in form, and well out of the 8.

If we were legit top2, coming off a loss to GWS, for the captains 200 we should have got the job done.

West Coast 2018, lost NicNat, Gaff, Sheppard and still found a way to win a flag, rolling with Nathan Vardy in the ruck.

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk
I don't agree with the 'other' excuse either.
"Our losses are based purely on bad luck kicking for goal."

I counted 4 opposition rushed behinds and a miracle Eddie Betts impersonation from Harry deep in the pocket to end the first quarter last game. (1.8)

I don't know why our wheels have fallen off, but think the issues must be deeper.

Not just bad luck with injuries and accuracy.

As soon as Voss took away the easy 2 on ones against Charlie and HArry the team was able to come back from a 35 point deficit to shoulda won the match after the siren. Maybe the fix is as simple as paying Harry and Charlie further away from goals and opening up the forward line to some space - when the opposition has feasted on the fact that Carlton is short of a third tall up forward and a second tall down back.

I like the idea of a space in the forward line and a couple of blokes like charlie and Harry forcing defenders to be accountable by running them around instead of sitting in the goal mouth like statues and copping a double and triple team hacking every time the team is going forward.

The team has to get over its self-imposed idea that you can not play aggressive confident football until you have to roll the dice - how much of that is coaching and how much is just poor on field leadership I dont know.

What I do know is that teh difference between looking the goods and looking shyte is putting some score board pressure on opposition - and that has been the missing ingredient and difference in teh last few weeks versus previous games.

It is an easy fix imo.

Mirkov would get killed on the spread
Saying this in defense of pitto is literally hilarious. They'd be exactly the same output on the spread. IE 0. Pittos embarassed himself 2 weeks in a row. IE not doing his job. 'Do your job or **** off'.
If that's what you think meek would do to mirkov then why is that even a defense? If he can do it to mirkov he will do it to pitto. Mirkov is bigger, taller and stronger.

Saying this in defense of pitto is literally hilarious. They'd be exactly the same output on the spread. IE 0. Pittos embarassed himself 2 weeks in a row. IE not doing his job. 'Do your job or **** off'.

If that's what you think meek would do to mirkov then why is that even a defense? If he can do it to mirkov he will do it to pitto. Mirkov is bigger, taller and stronger.
much faster too.

Little to lose frankly.

Perhaps Mirk will shine if given the chance?

Voss way too conservative....

Can you show me where I am defending Pitto by my comment on Mirkov? I guess it's an assumption

I stated elsewhere, that I would bring in Young for Pitto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back