Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Team is in …

2 Changes

IMG_0952.jpeg
MILESTONE: Nic Newman 100 Carlton Games

IMG_0953.jpeg

I watch Pommy's selection table on youtube each week, and there are some conservative and some wildly speculative selections. All of those blokes are very good at their analysis, and they know the reality that the club won't take any left of centre selections, but they explain their selections very well, and while I may not always agree, I appreciate that they are willing to try something to change the fortunes of a misfiring team.

None of us are selectors in real life. None of us can claim to have a clue over others, unless those decisions have been tried and failed.

You're right, nobody (almost nobody) changes their minds, on all sides of a discussion. I wish more would, and I wish more would concede where they misread a situation.
Speak for yourself. I change my mind..... no I don't...... yes I do .....
No I don't 🤣

I think Kemp has a good enough leap that he can spoil his opponent a lot, but he does need to start from behind to do it. This is where forward lines will block him or jostle him as he goes into a marking contest from behind, so his opponent has easy access to the ball. On these occasions, Weitering and/or McGovern are just concentrating on keeping their man out of the contest, rather than going up. This is what team defence should be doing. Kill the contest, whether it's your man or not.
And that problem would move with Kemp to the forward line as some posters want. Bachmann would soon work out to block his run at the ball to stop his leap. He doesn't have that body strength yet unfortunately

So ... can we pull a Rabbit out of the hat and beat Hawthorn?
Lose and we're out of the 8 ... relying on beating Eagles and Saints to sneak back in to make up the numbers.

What a difference ... Top 2 and a flag contender to scraping into the 8 if we get lucky?
We never know what we are going to get with the Blues .... not predictable .. as in ... can't count on a win.
Keeps us hanging on the edge of our seats. Will we be part of the action in September??

One point about us being 2nd a few weeks ago and now dropping to 8th.

Whilst this sounds disastrous, this isn't a normal season. We had only won 11 games (now 12) and in a normal season I don't think we would have been in 2nd place more like 4th or 5th ??

With regards to Pitto, I feel he needs to be read the riot act. He is 28 and should be at the peak of his powers as a ruckman. He has never been a marking ruckman around the ground and I'm not too sure why, whether he can't read the play or we just don't kick to him.

His 1 wood is his strength, so he has to be that bustling type of ruck to nullify the opposition ruck and create passage and clearance for our mids as well as bruising up a few of the opposition mids.

He has played some good games this year, but this is his moment to shine while TDK is out, time for him to become a leader and not just a pawn in this side.
A huge disappointment.

Personally, I'd be shopping him around and trading if a good price can be got.

Find a ruck somewhere who can offer something around the ground and up forward.

In: Williams, Carroll, Young, Binns, Cowan
Out: Cerra, Cottrell

Channel 7
Looks like Cowan is a definite in as he is named in the 18. Rest of the ins on the extended bench with Boyd, Kennedy, Owies and Cincotta. My guess is Williams the other in and Owies sub

Last edited:
A huge disappointment.

Personally, I'd be shopping him around and trading if a good price can be got.

Find a ruck somewhere who can offer something around the ground and up forward.
Awful comes to mind .. I would just tell him to just follow , tag the opposition ruckman because if he isn’t going to do anything atleast make sure their ruckman doesn’t take 10 marks …how he got 4 years is crazy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need to go in like this:

Boyd Gov Kemp
Saad Weits Newy

Acres Cripps Hollands
Pitto Walsh Cincotta

Fogarty McKay Martin
Williams Curnow Owies

Cowan Elijah Hewett Kennedy Motlop

We need the extra mid rotations. Use Cincotta as a tagger. Elijah and Kennedy can play a bit forward if needed before Motlop comes on for that true fwd role.

Our Time on Ground stats we have our mids as a collective working above the AFL average. They are slow enough already and the extra time on ground slows them down even more. Give them an extra rotation. Even Martin can go through there.

Hate putting Owies as the sub...

A small forward has nearly no chance to be subbed in and impact the game. Especially him, he's not electric, he's just good at finding space and nailing a set shot.

Prefer to put Mots as sub if we're gonna do that.
We're kinda stuck though because our other options for sub are slow mids. But agree it should be Motlop over Owies.

Squad is in …

IMG_8215.jpeg
MILESTONE: Nic Newman 100 Carlton games

IMG_8216.jpeg

2 comments since the team was released you can tell the fan base is a bit meh about the club at the moment.
Crazy if you ask me, meh is being at the lower ends of the ladder with no hope of playing finals at this time of year

Them …

In: Harry Morrison, Cam Mackenzie, Jai Serong, Finn Maginness
Out: Josh Ward

B: Karl Amon, Sam Frost, James Sicily
HB:
Blake Hardwick, Jarman Impey, Changkuoth Jiath
C:
Jack Scrimshaw, Dylan Moore, Josh Weddle
HF:
Harry Morrison, Will Day, Connor Macdonald
F:
Jack Ginnivan, Mabior Chol, Jack Gunston
R:
Lloyd Meek, Jai Newcombe, Conor Nash

INT (from): Finn Maginness, Luke Breust, Nick Watson, James Worpel, Cam Mackenzie, Calsher Dear, Massimo D'Ambrosio, Jai Serong

2 comments since the team was released you can tell the fan base is a bit meh about the club at the moment.
We’re all feeling a bit 2022 about things right now, with moi and many others thinking we threw our season away last week. To make it worse the Pies did it again in 2024.

Desperate to have my expectations about the rest of this year exceeded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back