Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Team is in …

2 Changes

IMG_0952.jpeg
MILESTONE: Nic Newman 100 Carlton Games

IMG_0953.jpeg

All this dialogue about Hawthorn.

Let them worry about us. Pretty sure it will go as follows..

• Bet your last $ that Nash tags Cripps. Will be a test for our skipper as Nash is disciplined and a massive unit
  • Newcombe/Worpel match up against Walsh/George
  • Frost goes to our deepest KPF - probably Harry today
  • Sicily will go to Charlie
  • Hardwick to Martin
It's time we take the game on. Play hard. Play tough. Take the right options. Move the ball aggressively when we have it.

I've said it before. It's time for our leaders to step up. Cripps, Walsh, Weitering, Newman, Charlie & Harry. They win the key battles and we win.

Go blues!!

Can't go today so fellow Baggers just make lots of noise!!! Show them what 100,000 actual real human members sound like!!

And to even mention McGov in the same sentence as the great Sticks.......off with his head!!

Was comparing the circumstance, not the player

And if that offends you...well...be offended

Well ... the moment of truth... do we deserve to be in the finals, or not? ... and even if we scrape in ... are we only just making up the numbers?

If we lose against the Hawks and manage to still scrape in ... then yeah, we can't beat anyone half decent so just making up the numbers ... back to the drawing board and recruit some good Players.

A tall tough and fairly quick defender
A tough in and under mid
A classy small forward

Oh ... and move the list cloggers / Injury prone on ... and raise the bar. Mediocrity doesn't cut it if you want to win a flag.
I know many are going to hate this post, but the sad reality is that our team don't deserve finals. Personally i hope they miss out on finals, let them suffer the shame and harsh list management decisions that comes with missing finals.

And i mean that from coaches to players. I think we'll be better off in the long term if we miss, but that's just my opinion.

Staunch Carlton man Riley Beveridge thinks the Hawks will get us in all key facets of the game.

As much as we have been disappointing the past month we have been beaten by small margins against three good sides.
A lift in consistency over the game & improved ball movement & being smarter in our forward entries we can definitely beat Hawthorn.
Intense pressure will derail their game similar to finals type footy.

This is hawthorns biggest game in the last 4 years. This will be extremely tough. They’re playing with flair and fun. We will be trying to slow them down and most like unsuccessfully if you look at our form. This is going to be another sad football afternoon for us bluebaggers. Atleast weve had our full weekend first.

Bring on 2025.

I’m going to be putting my 2025 membership money on hawks to win. Atleast then I’ll get something out of today.

We should do to Hawthorn today exactly what they did to us back in Round 12 of 2007.

Get Jed Lamb to sit behind our goals each quarter and call Sicily names every chance he gets

This is hawthorns biggest game in the last 4 years. This will be extremely tough. They’re playing with flair and fun. We will be trying to slow them down and most like unsuccessfully if you look at our form. This is going to be another sad football afternoon for us bluebaggers. Atleast weve had our full weekend first.

Bring on 2025.

I’m going to be putting my 2025 membership money on hawks to win. Atleast then I’ll get something out of today.
It might be the Hawks' 'biggest game in 4 years,' RM, but as of right now it's also OUR biggest game of this year - and we're still every chance of winning it last time I checked! I'm expecting to see the VERY BEST of the mighty blues today - keep the faith squire.

It might be the Hawks' 'biggest game in 4 years,' RM, but as of right now it's also OUR biggest game of this year - and we're still every chance of winning it last time I checked! I'm expecting to see the VERY BEST of the mighty blues today - keep the faith squire.
Doing my best currently. I feel pretty dire about it. I said a few weeks ago our list looks amazing when it’s winning but after a few losses they look like deck chairs/border line vfl players. Our depth is starting to look horrible.

Post the Geelong game and leading into 1/4 time v GWS I thought we were the best team in it.

Let’s hope they turn the corner I’ve been wishing them to the last month. The last quarter v Collingwood was a good sign. It’s been a few weeks of 8 day breaks and we’ve been off the hard deck of marvel a couple weeks also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doing my best currently. I feel pretty dire about it. I said a few weeks ago our list looks amazing when it’s winning but after a few losses they look like deck chairs/border line vfl players. Our depth is starting to look horrible.

Post the Geelong game and leading into 1/4 time v GWS I thought we were the best team in it.

Let’s hope they turn the corner I’ve been wishing them to the last month. The last quarter v Collingwood was a good sign. It’s been a few weeks of 8 day breaks and we’ve been off the hard deck of marvel a couple weeks also.
I post my share of negative comments, usually on game day when the heat of the game and the emotions are running high.
I am also guilty of going off about selection, criticizing moves, trades draft picks etc.

BUT, we've had a week to get ourselves positive, and back our boys again today.
IF, we go down today, they'll be plenty of time for post match rants, but for the F#*k!ng love of God, stop your doomsayer shit pre-game. AT least give our boys a chance before you poison the thread with negative doom and gloom.

Mucho excited about this one, humans.

Ludicrously early start time, which really affects the alcohol distribution at Chateau de-Numbers.

If we’re ahead on the scoreboard after the final siren sounds, we are a very good chance of winning.

I firmly believe this.😎👍

Bring on 2025.

It's a pretty sad outlook

Seen an interesting sentiment over the last few week on repeat

"This club is mentally fragile/weak, our season is shot/gone/over"

I'd suggest it's not the club that is mentally fragile.

It's a pretty sad outlook

Seen an interesting sentiment over the last few week on repeat

"This club is mentally fragile/weak, our season is shot/gone/over"

I'd suggest it's not the club that is mentally fragile.
This club is mentally fragile, evidence backs this up.

No one cares if supporters are mentally fragile.

I think the weight of expectation has killed us this year.I don’t think we’ve copped with it all that well.

It’s not coincidence that after the tigers game when everyone was saying how good we were that we’ve fallen in a hole.

There’s no doubt we have the talent but being mentally fragile has ruined us.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This club is mentally fragile, evidence backs this up.
This club currently isn't mentally fragile, IMHO and there is no evidence to categorically state it is fragile

No one cares if supporters are mentally fragile.

Never suggested anyone feel anything other than what they do

I think people are forgetting that this Hawks team are untested when it comes to playing under any real finals type pressure. Playing with dash and flair under that pressure often leads to mistakes. It will be interesting to see how their game holds up under that. We on the other hand take in all that finals experience from last year.

Blues by 21.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back