Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Rumor summary October 3

• Free agency lodgements for Cumming to Adelaide and Himmelberg to Gold Coast will go through tomorrow (link)
  • James Peatling has chosen Adelaide (link)

Rumor summary October 4
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Last edited:
Yes, but the true test of his desire to get to VIC, should be his preparedness to go to any vic club, within reason
Why TF would he want to go to Norf, other than $$$? Norf have been throwing Godfather offers around like confetti for years, they are yet to find a single taker. No reason to think that Houston would be any different.

Houston is being pushed out, and he's entirely within his rights to choose his destination club - not just his destination state.
Otherwise, my opinion is Houston is simply using the storyline to break a Contract … to get a bigger Contract elsewhere
This is garbage, given that Houston's departure is being engineered by the club - not the player.

Yes, but the true test of his desire to get to VIC, should be his preparedness to go to any vic club, within reason

Otherwise, my opinion is Houston is simply using the storyline to break a Contract … to get a bigger Contract elsewhere
but Wayne how many players that want to move home dont historically end up at their preferred club? I am sure there are some but I wouldnt have thought many.

Clearly there was the Stevens situations with Power/Pies/Blues 20 ish years ago but everyone lost there - except Blues

Top end isn’t as good as last years top end

There were more genuine stars in last years top 10 IMO

This draft is crazy strong from 10-70 though and I expect the strongest mid season draft in history next year ( containing good players that went undrafted in 2024 )
cant complain about our 3 big ins AND pick 4 AND Welsh but if the draft is so deep it would have been nice to have a couple more picks then in the 40/50's or even rookie draft than what our list dynamics allow

Why TF would he want to go to Norf, other than $$$? Norf have been throwing Godfather offers around like confetti for years, they are yet to find a single taker. No reason to think that Houston would be any different.

Houston is being pushed out, and he's entirely within his rights to choose his destination club - not just his destination state.

This is garbage, given that Houston's departure is being engineered by the club - not the player.
correct - he doesnt want to go there even with higher $$$ on offer by the basket case of a club. Time to just get rid of Kangas and Saints all together

About time that both parties moved on as for whatever reason, Elliot was never going to make it here.

Hopefully he makes the most of the move and does well for the Suns.

It would actually be prudent to try and offload a player in trade period if we can to free up one extra list spot so that if we retain pick 42 (ie pick 25 - Peatling & F2 - ANB), we can use it on a ruck in the draft (Mutineer has posted about one but I forgot his name - looks good)

Outs could be
Himmelberg
Gollant
Sloane
Parnell
Hamill
McHenry
(Burgess) ?
Trade a player / pay smith out if he has hit that trigger

@1.19.30

Can’t get link to load but is podcast early trade full show on trade radio 1.27 h

Yesterday when he floated it he said about Adelaide having a five year deal in front of Fog and Brisbane should
match it, which is hypocritical again as he doesn’t like long contracts.
Wants Bris to use Daniher’s money to get him.
The bit I heard from him he said he didn’t really like the 5 year deal but knew they’d probably have to do it to keep him.

About time that both parties moved on as for whatever reason, Elliot was never going to make it here.

Hopefully he makes the most of the move and does well for the Suns.
He'll go from playing reserves here to playing reserves up there.

Another one of those 200cm guys who stays on an AFL list for 10+ years collecting a paycheque for doing SFA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jenny confirmed it after her recent catch up with Crows officials. So take it to the bank

Had it from a Crows offical that we were looking at Smilie. I have seen us linked closely with Langford (Gettable I think)

The only one I haven’t seen any connections with is Lalor!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Had it from a Crows offical that we were looking at Smilie. I have seen us linked closely with Langford (Gettable I think)

The only one I haven’t seen any connections with is Lalor!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
interesting. maybe crows officials are using Jenny to spread falsities on BF as part of a cunning plan!

time will ultimately tell. either way, surely Hamish doesnt stuff up pick 4 this year...

@1.19.30

Can’t get link to load but is podcast early trade full show on trade radio 1.27 h

Yesterday when he floated it he said about Adelaide having a five year deal in front of Fog and Brisbane should
match it, which is hypocritical again as he doesn’t like long contracts.
Wants Bris to use Daniher’s money to get him.
Fog isnt as good as Daniher and dont think he ever will be (height, athleticism, freakishness). that said he is clearly a much better kick. and we could match the 900k if we wanted to anyway which if we are handing out 800k to CumminG then probably is on the cards anyway

It would actually be prudent to try and offload a player in trade period if we can to free up one extra list spot so that if we retain pick 42 (ie pick 25 - Peatling & F2 - ANB), we can use it on a ruck in the draft (Mutineer has posted about one but I forgot his name - looks good)

Outs could be
Himmelberg
Gollant
Sloane
Parnell
Hamill
McHenry
(Burgess) ?
Trade a player / pay smith out if he has hit that trigger
use 42 for a ruckman? how do we pay for Welsh?

We've put a lot of work into Draper throughout the year. Physios have done thorough background checks and testing. More so than any other draftee, bar Welsh. Obviously helps that he's on our doorstep and not in Victoria. But there's genuine belief from those particular staff that if Draper's available at 4 then we pick him.
There are half dozen mids in that top bracket this year. I'm sure we have them all ranked in order of preference with possibly Draper at no1. Ashcroft would be crossed off as ungettable, but any of the rest would still be an upgrade for us.

Fog isnt as good as Daniher and dont think he ever will be (height, athleticism, freakishness). that said he is clearly a much better kick. and we could match the 900k if we wanted to anyway which if we are handing out 800k to CumminG then probably is on the cards anyway
We all know Fog will stay on a fair deal.
Kayne just never misses an opportunity to try and disrupt or divide Crows, often to divert from a Pear issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back