Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Rumor summary October 10

• Collingwood are interested in Justin Reid as their new head of football (link)
  • GWS want our future 2nd and pick 46 for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 11

• Poster claims we are attempting to lure Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera, maybe in 2025 (link)
  • Tom Morris claims we will do the Peatling deal for pick 46 and a future 2nd provided there are other late pick swaps (link)

Rumor summary October 13

• Tom Morris suggests we have offered a trade involving a swap of future 2nds for Peatling (link)

Last edited:

I'm not sure he's ever going to be even that for a top team. Granted I've barely seen him play since he left us, but for us I remember him trying about 200 fend offs and successfully executing about 5 of them.

His lasting memory for me will be in the 2017 GF when we were humming, you can virtually pin point him taking advantage from a Tex free kick and getting tackled immediately as the first momentum shift that actually allowed Richmond a look in.

2.1 to 0.3, Tex wins a free in the middle of the ground and has a chance to power forward again, Rat takes advantage and gets tackled immediately, HTB. Ball instantly goes forward for a Richmond goal, and is followed within minutes by another and all of a sudden, instead of being up 3 goals to 0, we're behind and they're settled.

His confidence was sky high, which was often his downfall because he thought he could do more than he was actually capable of.

Nicely skilled at times, and I feel bad ragging on him because he really seems like a great guy and he was always a hoot to follow on social media. But there's a fine line between being the "cream" on top of a good team, and being the weak link in a good team. I'd have loved to see him taste success at GC, but not so much at Port.
As Dennis Cometti was want to say, he had delusions of adequacy

Who else is enjoying the RAT discussion over on the Port board.

Me currently
Pop Corn GIF by WWE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are Port giving up their future 1st in that proposal?

That's a shocking deal.
Once again, Port make out like bandits from an obscure multi-club trade.
Last time, WCE got screwed, this time Collingwood. I can't see Collingwood agreeing to this.

On the first rounder front, it all looks reasonable, but Port end up with two extra players and several extra picks for an outlay of zilch.

Last time, WCE got screwed, this time Collingwood. I can't see Collingwood agreeing to this.

On the first rounder front, it all looks reasonable, but Port end up with two extra players and several extra picks for an outlay of zilch.

Not sure how you'd come to that conclusion. They're handing over a first rounder, a 2nd rounder and two fringe players for an All Australian. That's pretty normal business.

Say what ??

This is not a good deal for Port.

Two extra players - one is a witches hat

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back