Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it confirmed he’ll be head of development? If so my excitement will dissipate
That's what they announced when they got Davis right?

"In other changes, Michael Godden will have a greater emphasis on player and coach development, and Matthew Wright becomes SANFL Senior Coach while continuing to work with the Club’s emerging forwards."

"In other changes, Michael Godden will have a greater emphasis on player and coach development, and Matthew Wright becomes SANFL Senior Coach while continuing to work with the Club’s emerging forwards."
If that’s what that means… ugh

I would argue differently as I recognise humour done well can help raise discussion of issues we usually keep private when talking about them is much better

But the main issue I have is its not suspension worthy no matter the odious nature of the dress up

Do I get upset because 3 Geelong players dressed up as goalposts and Keays or do I laugh at the whole situation created and recognise the AFL screwed up and Geelong took the opportunity to 1. Highlight it 2 Take the opportunity to have fun at our expense

People need to stop reacting like Maude Flanders
Three players pretending to be goalposts is MILES away from someone dressing as a rapist and possibly acting out the scene. FFS, what is wrong with you people?

Surely it's a "issue a club statement and the players receiving a stern talking to" scenario.

Moral of the story is to not have those kinds of functions at a pub. It's not worth it. Have it at someone's house or go to Bali and go your hardest.
Look, the bigger point here is that men - and many of you in here it seems - STILL make light of sexual assault situations. Why can’t many of you see how we keep perpetuating this bullshit? The only reason I put my hand up to say “enough” - fully knowing the back lash I’ll get in here - is the hope that some will reconsider laughing publicly or throwing away the casual joke about these hideous situations. For the person who has been r*ped, this is NEVER funny. For the person who has been violated by a trusted adult, this is NEVER funny. Y’all blaming it on the “woke” agenda is part of the ****ing problem. This is NOT a “woke” agenda. It’s real life and it sucks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look, the bigger point here is that men - and many of you in here it seems - STILL make light of sexual assault situations. Why can’t many of you see how we keep perpetuating this bullshit? The only reason I put my hand up to say “enough” - fully knowing the back lash I’ll get in here - is the hope that some will reconsider laughing publicly or throwing away the casual joke about these hideous situations. For the person who has been r*ped, this is NEVER funny. For the person who has been violated by a trusted adult, this is NEVER funny. Y’all blaming it on the “woke” agenda is part of the ****ing problem. This is NOT a “woke” agenda. It’s real life and it sucks.
I don't think anyone here is saying it was funny or making light of sexual assault.

Looking forward to Godden developing Pick 4 as as a half forward

Bloke was found innocent, you're raging about something our legal system found didn't happen.

Three players pretending to be goalposts is MILES away from someone dressing as a rapist and possibly acting out the scene. FFS, what is wrong with you people?
You do know he was cleared of the rape charges yeah?

I'm in no way condoning the players alleged actions but facts matter...

I think if I did a skit at my work end of year function about Jared Hayne and a sex doll, I'd probably get a call from HR the next morning.
Ok, what about if you came to said "troubled couples" theme party depicting Dodi and Di? Donald and Stormy? Dave Grohl and baby mumma? Which part offends you? The sex doll? The subject matter? The time frame?

"Y'all", and you reckon QLD has classed up. I call bulldust on that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back