Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Irrespective of what did or didn't happen at the Woolly Bay Hotel with the GWS crew, Jenny more than anything has been asking for folk around here to be a little more respectful about the way we speak about violence and in particular sexual violence

I don't think that's unreasonable

Personally I don't find rape funny
How very noble of ya to not find rape funny 😃

And maybe you missed it but initially she demanded the mods censor a public figure because the mere mention of anyone of that nature was very hurtful, which afc979810 was alluding to wasn't always the case

It's not the first time she's tried to censor eg anti-trigg, positivity towards the club, and now banning poor taste, so for you to pretend it's an innocent educational exercise isn't quite telling the truth lol. Otherwise if it was from an educational perspective I'd agree, and preferably it wouldn’t involve labelling the entire board as misogynistic while doing it!😃 Anyway this topic done to death for me so I'll leave it there!

Irrespective of what did or didn't happen at the Woolly Bay Hotel with the GWS crew, Jenny more than anything has been asking for folk around here to be a little more respectful about the way we speak about violence and in particular sexual violence

I don't think that's unreasonable

Personally I don't find rape funny

I agree here, but I have not seen a post suggesting rape or sexual assault is funny. In fact any post would be an instant board infraction wouldnt it?

I looked over Jennys post and i am at a loss as to find any comments worth censoring. So I dont know what she is talking about.

How very noble of ya to not find rape funny 😃

And maybe you missed it but initially she demanded the mods censor a public figure because the mere mention of anyone of that nature was very hurtful, which afc979810 was alluding to wasn't always the case

It's not the first time she's tried to censor eg anti-trigg, positivity towards the club, and now banning poor taste, so for you to pretend it's an innocent educational exercise isn't quite telling the truth lol. Otherwise if it was from an educational perspective I'd agree, and preferably it wouldn’t involve labelling the entire board as misogynistic while doing it!😃 Anyway this topic done to death for me so I'll leave it there!

Anyone getting offended by a words on a forum shouldnt watch netflix let alone be on a forum

I agree here, but I have not seen a post suggesting rape or sexual assault is funny. In fact any post would be an instant board infraction wouldnt it?

I looked over Jennys post and i am at a loss as to find any comments worth censoring. So I dont know what she is talking about.
Jenny has just been asking us to be better

Thank you - but I'm out. I'll be back when this thread has returned to its title
yeah, this shit is way off topic & going on way too long... should be moved to the thread for those who just want to argue shit over & over thread.

No offence, but what would happen is you go back to work the next day, immediately under the pump 'cos everyone's been at a course/ team building and it's all forgotten about before you've finished your first coffee.
Haha. For some this was definitely true. For others, it was incorporated as part of a bigger team building exercise which was ongoing. We saw some impressive results back in the day (hence why we were so busy). However, there were a LOT of cowboys out there that didn’t give two hoots whether their programs actually worked or not.

Haha. For some this was definitely true. For others, it was incorporated as part of a bigger team building exercise which was ongoing. We saw some impressive results back in the day (hence why we were so busy). However, there were a LOT of cowboys out there that didn’t give two hoots whether their programs actually worked or not.
Hey Jen .. asweing seeing you back out here

Love your work

That's nothing to do with moderating a world view over time, it's about emotional consistency. If the mention of any public figure causes you great pain now, (and that's the basis you're using to censor) it should have then too, so his point of your lack of consistency is valid. Not that it matters, as already as been pointed out you have zero right to censor what you don't find funny and neither does the afl, hence the outrage of their overreaching
Im not sensoring anybody and you simply need to stop suggesting that’s what is happening. You are wrong. I’m just asking that people think before they post. Nobody should be joking about sexual assault or abuse, period. If you can’t make a joke without making light of these situations, you seriously need to get a new script writer. It’s got nothing to do with public figures… it’s about attempting humour around the acts of sexual assault/abuse, because that’s what is happening here. I couldn’t give a fig if it was P Diddy or John Smith from Elizabeth. As for “emotional consistency”… that’s the thing about trauma, you’ve got no control over what triggers it or when it gets triggered. All I’m asking is for people to think before they joke about these types of subjects. If you continue to do so, that says so much more about you. End of conversation.

Im not sensoring anybody and you simply need to stop suggesting that’s what is happening. You are wrong. I’m just asking that people think before they post. Nobody should be joking about sexual assault or abuse, period. If you can’t make a joke without making light of these situations, you seriously need to get a new script writer. It’s got nothing to do with public figures… it’s about attempting humour around the acts of sexual assault/abuse, because that’s what is happening here. I couldn’t give a fig if it was P Diddy or John Smith from Elizabeth. As for “emotional consistency”… that’s the thing about trauma, you’ve got no control over what triggers it or when it gets triggered. All I’m asking is for people to think before they joke about these types of subjects. If you continue to do so, that says so much more about you. End of conversation.
Noone here has joked about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back