Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Imo, should have kept Bond & Hamill... & delisted Smith... but unfortunately reached his trigger.

Right decision to keep Bond over Hamill though.
Smith should never have reached his trigger clause in 2024.

Don't get the fawning over Hamill to be honest. He was on the list for six seasons as a running defender with pace and disposal but was good for just 12 touches a game.

I guess we tried to make him more of a lockdown defender after we realised he struggled to find the ball, but was quickly surpassed by a rookie

Don't get the fawning over Hamill to be honest. He was on the list for six seasons as a running defender with pace and disposal but was good for just 12 touches a game.

I guess we tried to make him more of a lockdown defender after we realised he struggled to find the ball, but was quickly surpassed by a rookie
Yeah I think he would’ve been best 22 if he could get his touches up to 17 or 18 a game, especially with his pace, but after six years on the list he never could

The main issue Hamill had is that he plays in a position we have a lot of depth in. He had some good traits, sure, but he didn't show enough to warrant another contract, especially after six years on the list.
Imo, should have kept Bond & Hamill... & delisted Smith... but unfortunately reached his trigger.

Right decision to keep Bond over Hamill though.
Smith shouldn't have played until his clause was triggered, but delisting Hamill was also the right call.

I recently saw a comedian making jokes about a cerebral palsy sufferer in the crowd. Her response to the jokes? "Thanks for including me". Even she could understand the context and laugh at the humour. It's a pity people with normal functioning brains have so much trouble doing the same.

Spot on.

We have a son with a severe intellectual disability, and my wife and I can enjoy comedy shows with some pretty crude humour, involving that exact subject matter. We have the ability to differentiate. It actually makes life easier when you can laugh about hard things.

I dunno, I reckon he’s got “something”. But for the “one concussion” away from ending his career, he could be something special.

Spot on.

We have a son with a severe intellectual disability, and my wife and I can enjoy comedy shows with some pretty crude humour, involving that exact subject matter. We have the ability to differentiate. It actually makes life easier when you can laugh about hard things.
I think making jokes around someone being sexually assaulted is on a whole different level to laughing about the hand you’ve been dealt. Don’t you think? And maybe I shouldn’t even ask that question, because there is never, EVER, anything funny about being sexually assaulted. Period.

I think making jokes around someone being sexually assaulted is on a whole different level to laughing about the hand you’ve been dealt. Don’t you think? And maybe I shouldn’t even ask that question, because there is never, EVER, anything funny about being sexually assaulted. Period.
Can you point to a post on here where someone has found it funny?

Can you point to a post on here where someone has found it funny?
The whole point of this discussion is that saying jokes about sexual assault aren't funny. Some people are responding that everyone needs to "understand the context and laugh at the humour".

Because making a joke about a man a sexually assaulting a woman by acting it out with a doll is not a joke about sexual assault apparently.

I think a comedian can joke about anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well his concussion issues interrupted his progress and stalled his game. The first 3 years were building ok but his last 3 were just non existent. Had he not had his issues he probably would have progressed into a great defender.

I think a comedian can joke about anything.
I think, yes, a comedian should be allowed to make jokes about anything.
But then the question is, why do you want to make jokes about rape?
Comedy should be free in order to punch up, not punch down. Make jokes about the powerful, not victims. that's the point of that particular freedom. To satirise those in charge, not make fun of easy targets.

Copped a patronizing post from ciao bit back and got banned I assume
No idea as I missed what happened.

If posters don't keep getting personal with others, then they shouldn't have problems being banned... like we got again last night when someone went off the rails at most who got into a conversation with them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back