Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 8, last 2nd July)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 12 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 108 90.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s not what I said at all

The 1 million difference is with 1 year less so if he plays on after this contract whatever he gets in that next year further reduces the deficit

So if that’s say 500k (low salary based on cap in 5 yrs time) it’s back to a 500k difference
I never said you did. Just said I don't believe he will get the million difference.

This club is f*cked if they haven't or don't reach out to Balme

I wonder whose feelings they're trying to protect?

I can legitimately only think of 2 off of the top of my head - Kelly and Roo
Jack Black Yes GIF

Imagine the legendary resource of Balme basically saying call me and I’d help and a bottom club says “no thanks”.

At the same time they send a members email pleading for support and saying trust us, we are doing everything possible to get better.

I wonder if Collingwood will have me back because this club is ****ed. It’s a soulless franchise run by a boys club who are shit at what they do and Roo can go and get ****ed.
Depression Lol GIF by What We Do in the Shadows

I used to be a Collingwood supporter before the Crows on the back of all the Norwood players there, I was never hard core though, it was always more Norwood and SANFL
I used to barrack for Fitzroy so obviously I still get to enjoy watching The lions play and I live in Queensland. Experiencing watching your club go through what Fitzroy did and become a well run machine gives me hope that AFC can get it right one day

The fxkn cowards running the current circus at crows headquarters make all the decisions.. do you reckon any of them want someone competent and widely respected like Balme walking in the front door..

No chance.. they’d be instantly exposed.

Its all about them to these selfish fxxkwits.. all about them protecting their interests and continuing to backstroke around in the big pool of gravy they’ve been lucky enough to have fallen into..

Balme would march most of them out the door. They cant have that.
This is a very raw but very accurate statement

He is the captain - he can’t say nothing

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I understand where your coming from but I'm of a different opinion, strong men and those in a role such as captain need to speak up. There's a chance we as people outside the club have got it wrong and Dawson is on the money, but I think not IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I live in Geelong and have heard plenty of different sources tell me about players getting discounted property deals.
It's actually quite amazing they've gotten away with it.
To be fair, if Adelaide were smarter we could have a major real estate sponsor and do the similar thing, can’t be salty about the fact we are stupid and lack balls.

Tom Morris on SEN this morning reporting that Brett Montgomery to Crows is looking very likely next year. Not sure if he had new info or just rehashing what Rucci reported the other week. But he did say GWS have accepted he will most likely be leaving to move back to his family.

If he is available he should be brought in right now. "Neal, you've got the rest of the season to be inside, watch how we operate and evaluate everything. End of the year tell us what we need to change and we'll work on it through the off-season".

Like the very thing they're claiming they'll do and seem to have done in 1 week over the bye.

Has already said he retires from Richmond at the end of this year.
Not available until the off season

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Tom Morris on SEN this morning reporting that Brett Montgomery to Crows is looking very likely next year. Not sure if he had new info or just rehashing what Rucci reported the other week. But he did say GWS have accepted he will most likely be leaving to move back to his family.
Great, another Ken apprentice. When Ken gets the chop we can bring him in as a father figure and we have the band back together.

Montgomery was on my Sydney flight Thursday, that could just be to spend time with the family though.

CAN WE AT LEAST WAIT UNTIL HE'S NOT ON STAFF

FFS, we pursued him in the past and Richmond stopped him. There is no reason to flip out and assume he's not going to be here, if he's finally interested and available.

CAN YOU AT LEAST WAIT UNTIL HE'S ON STAFF

FFS, we pursue everyone and they somehow never end up here. There is every reason to be skeptical and not get ahead of ourselves that we might finally get someone good.

Great, another Ken apprentice. When Ken gets the chop we can bring him in as a father figure and we have the band back together.

Montgomery was on my Sydney flight Thursday, that could just be to spend time with the family though.
Can't help but immediately add a negative spin to everything can you?

So I should add a positive spin if it don’t think it’s a positive?

His coaching career has mostly been under Ken, same as Nicks. How is it a positive to have 2 assistants who learnt their craft under the one coach, when that coach isn’t very good and our current head coach has proven to be a dud and also a dodgy used car salesman?

Give me an assistant coach to a successful senior coach and I would be positive

Last edited by a moderator:
Also seems to have forgotten Montgomery's assistant coaching stints at Carlton and the Western Bulldogs before Port and now GWS...quite a well rounded C.V. I would have thought.

Back