Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 8, last 2nd July)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 13 10.1%
  • No

Votes: 116 89.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think people probably do, but if what we're offering doesn't cut it, what can we do? We can't play of Butrs, Murray, Keane and Worrell, so extracting value via trade for one of them makes sense. But we definitely should be aiming for at least their first. He's got 7-8 years ahead of him and will only improve. Plus they want him for flag purposes, I'd be prepared to sell him contracted the year after for the uncontracted discount. Up to them how much they want him in their contending best 22.

I think we definitely hold onto him if Petty doesn't leave Melb this year.

Of course he didn't have any interest in SA. But you sell it to him i.e. ram it down his throat (in a positive way).

If it comes with a big payrise and an apprenticeship in pub ownership then maybe he might feel a twitch in his pants.

GC needed us to do the Rankine deal first. We could've pushed him our way earlier and get a look in.

Go watch a stan doco? Just tell me to go **** myself, it would be more polite.

A big pay rise?

He was already so overpaid they had to include pick 7 to get his contract off the books.

Pedlar is looking like a poor choice for a pick 11.

I think a big contributing factor is that he's really only started to focus on his midifeld work this year full time. He was placed in the forward line primarily early on this season and it just didn't work for him (over and above the coaches weird decision to try get him to be a forward tag on T Stewart). A huge concern for me is that it was his transition to the forward line that saw him get some continuity and form, especially working with Rahilly..

He was drafted as a contested midfielder who has an ability to burst from the stoppage and go forward on occasion.

My only concern is that I haven't seen too much burst speed from him in the SANFL. He seems to be solely focusing on his inside skills. As mentioned in his draft profile it's his polish/finesse that was letting him down in his junior years, and I worry that this hasn't left his game at a speed that leaves me too optimistic.

What I do know is that he was a huge gamble in drafting him at Pick 11 coming off injury, lack of exposure, and lack of draft combine testing...

I do know that a few other clubs like GWS rated him, but the majority didn't really rate him that highly. Is looking more and more likely to be a bust unless he can tear apart a few SANFL games off his own boot, which he doesn't look like doing...

Apparently we are into R Lobb, pls God no
Agree, though TBF I haven't seen enough of him to have any strong opinion but I can't see where he'd fit. Does he ruck? If not we don't need a key Forward, especially one who's a bit of a journeyman - GWS to Freo To Dogs - seems to suggest he has trouble assimilating.

Lobb doesn't want to leave Victoria due to his wife's work and doesn't seem to be the type of character Adelaide FC like so I doubt it.

Tim English yes, he's a need but Lobb is just a cry baby unless he gets his own way. He only wants to play forward.

Lobb doesn't want to leave Victoria due to his wife's work and doesn't seem to be the type of character Adelaide FC like so I doubt it.

Tim English yes, he's a need but Lobb is just a cry baby unless he gets his own way. He only wants to play forward.
He be a reasonable fit at North, gives them some support for Larkey for a couple of years while they develop (after finally drafting) a key forward.

I’ve never rated him TBH, so inconsistent for what he’s paid and only very occasionally delivers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumour is we must have Gerard Healey on the payroll or hopefully a good judge.

“Adelaide’s backline is heading towards being the best in the competition”. SEN 10 mins ago
From what I've read on the "Fourth Estate" forum people seem to think he's rapidly careening down the Ol' BT/Biden path 😬.

Apparently we are into R Lobb, pls God no
No Way Do Not Want GIF

A big pay rise?

He was already so overpaid they had to include pick 7 to get his contract off the books.

IDGAF about Bowes, I'm buying a first rounder.

It could be a bag of potatoes with a first rounder, that's what I'm buying - he comes with the pick.

Overpaid? We overpaid plenty of players but didn't get an extra first rounder...

Last edited:
Clearly M.Crouch has already taken Laird's midfield role and possibly ROB has turned a corner after his 2nd half last week otherwise easy to address as any reasonable competent ruckman with AFL fitness can replace him compared to trying to find quality midfielders like what Rankine and Soligo has shown this year.
ROB turned a corner about 5 years ago. On to Shitsville st, which is a dead end road.

Back