List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the start of our rebuild, the 2nd rounders look to be solid:
YearPickPlayerCurrent TeamGames Sinced DraftedYearPickPlayerCurrent TeamGames Sinced Drafted
201931Charlie CombenNorth Melbourne23
2014​
25​
Daniel Nielson
7​
234Jack MahonyGold Coast44
2​
36​
Ed Vickers-Willis
21​
235Flynn Perez24
202036Charlie LazzaroNorth Melbourne39
2015​
31​
Ryan Clarke
40​
242Phoenix Spicer12
2​
33​
Mitchell Hibberd
4​
202122Josh GoaterNorth Melbourne12
2016​
34​
Declan Watson
0​
235Paul CurtisNorth Melbourne53
2​
36​
Josh Williams
2​
238Miller BergmanNorth Melbourne14
2​
202226Brayden GeorgeNorth Melbourne0
2017​
23​
Will Walker
6​
2018​
0​
N/AN/A

CC. Multiple #'s, injuries - finally hit his straps ✔
JM. Not up to it
FP. 2nd ACL ☹
CL See JM
PS. Too small & timid
JG. Achilles
PC. ✔
MB. Shoulder on debut, # jaw
BG. 2nd ACL

CC. Multiple #'s, injuries - finally hit his straps ✔
JM. Not up to it
FP. 2nd ACL ☹
CL See JM
PS. Too small & timid
JG. Achilles
PC. ✔
MB. Shoulder on debut, # jaw
BG. 2nd ACL
Just updated it to give the full B.Scott era.

The 2021 crop is still hopeful imo and cross my fingers on B.George

Can we get Darcy Fogarty please.

LOL…WC split pick 3 to get Liam Baker???!!!! Good grief.

Deadeset stupid move giving Richmond a foot up pre Tassie. Maybe you improve your list a tad Vs taking a club out of finals calculations for 10 years.
On the other hand imagine the melt downs we'd have trading out valuable cattle while bottoming out. We still melt down about losing players who had little to no trade value.

I see in this years draft there's a plethora of mids, do you trade pick 1 to Adelaide for thillithorpe and their first? You get a fwd to team with larkey. Or do you go after Max king with pick 1?
I don't think you need any more mids to be honest
We are going to get a key forward in this draft and quite possibly if we finish 16th or 17th another elite midfielder, Will has said we need more class in this team and when your in this position you get elite talent. I know lots of opposition supporters will joke around about us getting another midfielder but they must remember that with Tarryn gone {he was part of our rotation in the midfield as well as resting on a half-forward flank} we are one midfielder shy of being finished in that area.

I truly believe that if Will doesn't split our first pick that one of four players will be a North Melbourne player on draft night, and contrary to a lot of opposition supporters who seem to think we are going to get Luke with our pick 2/3 they might be in for a bit of a shock. Those four players; Finn O'Sullivan, Josh Smillie, Sid Draper or Sam Lalor, but that's just my opinion.;)

Totally agree scout it will 100%be one of the top mids with our first pick. My order FOS Lalor Smillie and then Draper which we don't really talk about much surprisingly he is going to be a great player already is to be honest
We used to date a girl from South Australia, she broke our hearts so you cant blame us not wanting to go back so soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we get Darcy Fogarty please.

I like him too but reckon he's one of those that would never leave Adelaide

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We used to date a girl from South Australia, she broke our hearts so you cant blame us not wanting to go back so soon.
It’s ok,
We were at our lowest ebb, the sun is now starting to shine and we have moved on with a younger hotter model…
Who they dumped us for is still the fat old man and the inherent sickness we knew he had but they didn’t seems to be getting worse and worse…
2 years we won’t care… they will

It’s ok,
We were at our lowest ebb, the sun is now starting to shine and we have moved on with a younger hotter model…
Who they dumped us for is still the fat old man and the inherent sickness we knew he had but they didn’t seems to be getting worse and worse…
2 years we won’t care… they will
They blew wind up his arse from before he was even drafted and fed him what he wanted to hear in order to have him roll over on us without ever considering that someone willing to do that might not be the rock solid professional you desire.

Since the start of our rebuild, the 2nd rounders look to be solid (updated):

YearPickPlayerCurrent TeamGames Since DraftedYearPickPlayerCurrent TeamGames Since Drafted
2019​
----
2010​
-B.Scott Era--
2​
31​
Charlie CombenNorth Melbourne23
2​
40​
Tom CurranDelist 160
2​
34​
Jack MahonyGold Coast44
2012​
2​
35​
Flynn PerezDelist 202324
2​
37​
Ben JacobsRetired64
2020​
----
2​
41​
Mason WoodSt. Kilda65
2​
36​
Charlie LazzaroNorth Melbourne39
2013​
----
2​
42​
Phoenix SpicerDelist 202312
2​
30​
Trent DumontTraded 21113
2021​
----
2014​
----
2​
22​
Josh GoaterNorth Melbourne12
2​
25​
Daniel NielsonDelist 187
2​
35​
Paul CurtisNorth Melbourne53
2​
36​
Ed Vickers-WillisDelist 2021
2​
38​
Miller BergmanNorth Melbourne14
2015​
----
2022​
----
2​
31​
Ryan ClarkeTraded 1840
2​
26​
Brayden GeorgeNorth Melbourne0
2​
33​
Mitchell HibberdDelist 184
2023​
2016​
----
N/AN/AN/AN/A0
2​
34​
Declan WatsonDelist 190
-----
2​
36​
Josh WilliamsDelist 182
-----
2017​
-----
2​
23​
Will WalkerDelist 216
-----
2018​
----
-----N/AN/AN/AN/A0
Apart from PC and Comben, it is a mix of terrible and wait and see.

In saying that, if we do win a premiership with this generation of players, these two will be in the premiership team.

Me. Takes us out of the cream of this year for 2 middling 1st rounders.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

What is the gap between the cream and the rest like this year? Caddy was #10 last year and I'd take him in a heartbeat.

We should be thinking about competing from 2026 so I like the idea of having an extra first rounder next season. Gives us more room to trade for a established player to fill a list need.

What is the gap between the cream and the rest like this year? Caddy was #10 last year and I'd take him in a heartbeat.

We should be thinking about competing from 2026 so I like the idea of having an extra first rounder next season. Gives us more room to trade for an established player to fill a list need.
I get your logic, but the stats don’t lie - overall, the further down the draft you go the less likely it is you get elite talent. You’re right - Caddy at 10 looks a bargain, Fyfe (for example) even more so at 20 odd, it’s just your chances of jagging an A grader diminish the further down you go. I’ll be very surprised if we split

We should be thinking about competing from 2026 so I like the idea of having an extra first rounder next season. Gives us more room to trade for a established player to fill a list need.
I'll wait and see on Caddy. The usual * hype going into overdrive on what was on display last night.

I certainly wouldn't want to miss on a McKercher type and settle for a Caddy type. We could find one with our 2nd pick. Hopefully we could go one better and find a Van Rooyen.

As far as genuinely competing, for a flag, while I'm optimistic, I can't put a time frame on it until I see it happening.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Weagles are more than likely to want to take him to the psd
* would like to get ahead of the Kako bid.

Out: #2/#3
In: #8/#9, 2025 First Rounder

Who says no?
They’ll do it easily with the nose dive they’re taking on the ladder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back