List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawks doing very well.
Hope we can take on your strategy of grabbing roleplayers to fill positions

Whilst we're debating Hawthorn vs North List build, under Sam the Hawks has brought in 31 players which 25 remained since he took over so there are still 20 players that played under Clarkson and that cannot be overlooked.

Under Clarkson, we've bought in 23 players of which 22 remained, Noble 22 players of which 13 remained and the 9* from the B.Scott era.
* excluding TT.

B.Scott era has a lot to blame!! From 2016 when his rebuild/refresh started till he walked out in 2019, 30 remained at the end of 2020 and now only 9 with LMac the only one to taste finals - pathetic!

Yes but thank god we aint Hawthorn or id almost have to give up watching football. As it is im not sure how much more Hawthorn i can watch and its not their football skills.

The team isn't even in the 8 but doing secret hand shakes like 12yo boys, taking selfies like teenage girls, group selfies and drinking buckets loads of bath water on live TV.

I already avoid most social media because of the 'look at me' Zoomer culture and Hawthorn are full bath water mode on live TV.

All 2nd round picks since 2018. I've added a column of % of total possible games e.g if drafted in 2018, a player would have played 145 games if selected week in week out.
Melbourne, Sydney and surprisingly, Adelaide have 3 players who have played +50% of possible games since being drafted.

View attachment 2053626

Are your calculations correct?
A player drafted last year can only have had a chance to play 18 games so far. You’ve got 40. Each years then out by 22/23 depending on Gather Round years.

Or I could be misreading the table :)

Are your calculations correct?
A player drafted last year can only have had a chance to play 18 games so far. You’ve got 40. Each years then out by 22/23 depending on Gather Round years.

Or I could be misreading the table :)
2023 - 23 games
plus 2024 - 17 games so far
Equals = 40 games

Take James Rowbottom - he has played 110 games out of a possible 145 games to date OR 76% since 2018.

Last edited:
Yes but thank god we aint Hawthorn or id almost have to give up watching football. As it is im not sure how much more Hawthorn i can watch and its not their football skills.

The team isn't even in the 8 but doing secret hand shakes like 12yo boys, taking selfies like teenage girls, group selfies and drinking buckets loads of bath water on live TV.

I already avoid most social media because of the 'look at me' Zoomer culture and Hawthorn are full bath water mode on live TV.

Not sure where you have been, but this is as close of an example you will find of this age group in today’s society.

Yes - looks strange to me, but this is the world we live in?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

In my anecdotal experience, this stuff is absolutely killing it with the zoomers. Neutral and oppo supporters alike. Particularly Ginnivan and CJ and their 'aura', etc. They will be a very popular team if they start pushing for flags again.

Comparing our rebuild vs Hawks is a waste of time, in fact we’re incomparable to anyone past and present.

What club/players in the history of footy have been through a 5 year period of Coaching instability like this?..

1721514281676.png

Must admit even to the most one eyed north fan (me) that the Hawks haven’t looked back since making Clarko make way for Mitchell.
Hopefully it turns out to be a win win for both clubs but right now Mitchell is heading to coach of the year status with a list that’s as young as ours but no where near the talent if you count draft pick pick selections.
They also have a system, standards and culture that’s been created over a few decades now.
We’re just getting those supporting systems in place.
Much of which Clarko and team put in place.

Must admit even to the most one eyed north fan (me) that the Hawks haven’t looked back since making Clarko make way for Mitchell.
Hopefully it turns out to be a win win for both clubs but right now Mitchell is heading to coach of the year status with a list that’s as young as ours but no where near the talent if you count draft pick pick selections.
So as of let's say the start of next year as this one is coming to an end. Whose list would you prefer ours or theirs. Who do you think is more likely to win a premiership 1stus or them. and why.

I'm generally against shaming people for expressing themselves when having fun. I don't care about that.

But, in terms of the rebuilds, comparison is the thief of joy. We've been really fun to watch since the bye (last week excluded) and we're on a great trajectory. In a couple of years we're going to have 5+ A-grade, elite players and plenty of good support players around them.

I wouldn't let the Hawks quicker rise take away from how fun our next 10 years are going to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm generally against shaming people for expressing themselves when having fun. I don't care about that.

But, in terms of the rebuilds, comparison is the thief of joy. We've been really fun to watch since the bye (last week excluded) and we're on a great trajectory. In a couple of years we're going to have 5+ A-grade, elite players and plenty of good support players around them.

I wouldn't let the Hawks quicker rise take away from how fun our next 10 years are going to be.
I on the other hand am old and enjoy being a grouch.

That said I like watching Ginni play at the moment.

2023 - 23 games
Equals = 40 games

Take James Rowbottom - he has played 110 games out of a possible 145 games to date OR 76% since 2018.

I’m loving the analysis!

Can we look at Logan Morris drafted in 2023? Has played 10 out of 18 for 56% of possible games.

He's doing a great job. Mind you I reckon their talent level is pretty good.

Let's be honest, Hawthorn haven't made too many bad football decisions over the passed 60 odd years.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
They let Gary Ablett slip through their grasp. Would have been diabolical for most clubs, didn't even cause a ripple for them in the 80's.

I respect Hawthorn as our fierce rivals through the 70's and for what they've achieved, but like all other clubs, don't like them or care about what they are doing. All I want is North success, starting today!

So as of let's say the start of next year as this one is coming to an end. Whose list would you prefer ours or theirs. Who do you think is more likely to win a premiership 1stus or them. and why.
You are kidding right? The team playing top 4 footy and knocking off serious opponents or the team that has scraped 2 wins against other basket case clubs. Only the most optimistic of north supporter would take us.

You are kidding right? The team playing top 4 footy and knocking off serious opponents or the team that has scraped 2 wins against other basket case clubs. Only the most optimistic of north supporter would take us.
So how far are we away from being competitive and rising up the ladder are we in your opinion at a Hawthorn level that you rate highly.

So i take it that you would rather their list and you think they will win flag before us.
I don’t think winning a flag is a priority for us right now. Let try and win a game against a Victorian club. It’s been 3 seasons. Let’s try and win 2 games in a row. It’s been 2 seasons. Let’s try and finish with a % above 100. It’s been 5 seasons. No point comparing ourselves at the moment. They are so far ahead it’s not even a discussion.

I don’t think winning a flag is a priority for us right now. Let try and win a game against a Victorian club. It’s been 3 seasons. Let’s try and win 2 games in a row. It’s been 2 seasons. Let’s try and finish with a % above 100. It’s been 5 seasons. No point comparing ourselves at the moment. They are so far ahead it’s not even a discussion.
What do you mean no point in comparing ourselves with them.Your last sentence did exactly that

2023 - 23 games
Equals = 40 games

Rowbottom was drafted in 2018 that's 5 full seasons (110 H&A games) plus 17 this year plus finals. Be low 130s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back