List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

That is a quality period from us. Glad we didn't fold with MaCrae, we aren't in a position to be giving away 2nd rounders for 30 year olds.

8 for Battle 🫡
Macrae for 45 🫡
Getting an extra pick in the 40's

cKVLTKw.gif

We offered Tim a one year contract. We did not just dump him.
Hayes, honestly nice guy, but we need to get ruthless.
He cannot get on the park.
Pies said today they've got one spot available for an experienced player, and I think they mentioned Membrey, Hayes and Tomlinson as being candidates there.

Was interested to hear Hanners twice this week say he doesn't rate Caminiti as a forward, and thinks he's too unreliable. I feel like it's a bit of an early call, and that Hammer plays more like a FF than the others on our list and has physical presence which is good for Max.

Having missed out on Kemp, and if Membrey and Hayes are gone (along with Allison fwiw), I feel like we might be a tallish forward, a tallish back and definitely a small forward or two short across the squad (and ruckman)

Having McCoy join might mean we can get away with just the one mid this draft and one other type. Either that or do something with the PSD etc. I wouldn't mind Viking if he's there. Otherwise I'm still leaning towards a Smillie/Lindsay combo or something like that.

Cornes can't help himself. Summarizing the Bulldogs trades he said they got Kennedy who is an upgrade on Macrae.

On age only.

Matt Kennedy has got 30 or more touches 5 times in his career. Jack Macrae averaged more than 30 disposals in 2018, 2019, 2021 and 2022. Also had 40+ disposals 12 times in his career. Macrae might be 30 but even in the back end of his career I would prefer him to Kennedy, a bloke off to his 3rd club because he couldn't hold down a midfield spot at either of the first 2 clubs.

Matt Kennedy has got 30 or more touches 5 times in his career. Jack Macrae averaged more than 30 disposals in 2018, 2019, 2021 and 2022. Also had 40+ disposals 12 times in his career. Macrae might be 30 but even in the back end of his career I would prefer him to Kennedy, a bloke off to his 3rd club because he couldn't hold down a midfield spot at either of the first 2 clubs.

This is a rare case where I prefer someone because they're older... he'll finish up at the right time for the draftee's to (hopefully) take over where as Kennedy would linger and likely become a list clogger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sharman best replacement for Battle on our list imho!!!

To quote Shania he’d don’t impress me much as a forward.

Surprised/pleased SOS didn’t get more Carlton duds!!
Sharman is a natural forward. Repeat leads, great kick for goal.

His biggest problem is we keep moving him around. Needs to play forward every week and get some continuity.

Showed plenty this year as a forward. We are not exactly chock full of forward options either.

Traditional end to trade “week”. Nothing nothing nothing then a flurry of withheld trades that could have gone through on day 2 and the big footy site sh its itself.

Everybody promises they won’t bother with trade week again, says it goes for too long, and will all front up again next year and act surprised as the exact same course of events plays out.

Ahhhh, that F it’s over!

Last edited:
Im not so sure, I have a feeling GWS would part with all 3 on the night
Would be a worthwhile exercise working out how many list spots GWS have left and what picks they hold, to work out whether they would indeed need or use all of 15, 16 and 21. If they only have a need for two of them, then maybe they jump at 8 for Travaglia.

Having McCoy join might mean we can get away with just the one mid this draft and one other type. Either that or do something with the PSD etc. I wouldn't mind Viking if he's there. Otherwise I'm still leaning towards a Smillie/Lindsay combo or something like that.
Have to take two imo.
Macrae is a short term fix.
This year is our best chance to get good mids.
I’d look at other positions after the top two picks.

Pies said today they've got one spot available for an experienced player, and I think they mentioned Membrey, Hayes and Tomlinson as being candidates there.

Was interested to hear Hanners twice this week say he doesn't rate Caminiti as a forward, and thinks he's too unreliable. I feel like it's a bit of an early call, and that Hammer plays more like a FF than the others on our list and has physical presence which is good for Max.

Having missed out on Kemp, and if Membrey and Hayes are gone (along with Allison fwiw), I feel like we might be a tallish forward, a tallish back and definitely a small forward or two short across the squad (and ruckman)

Surely we keep Hayes now we've lost Membrey and Campbell?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back