List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Reid is better than Wilson but are we happy with what Wilson brings to the team?

Wilson would be equivalent to probably any of the top 8-10 this draft. I would just hold 7 & 8
Agreed.

I would consider a deal with 15+16 but thats only because I think Taj Hotton is as good as the top 5 prospects and should be available. But going to the draft with 7+8 is an incredible spot to be in.

Lindsay vs Hotton+Hynes

Who are people taking?
If we have 15 and 16 and Hotton is on the board I take the risk. We will have a Smillie/Lalor etc @ 7.

So, in your scenario, I would take Lindsay (as I would take him @ 8 if we have 7 & 8)and probably Hotton.

Smillie
Lindsay
Hotton

from the first round is a haul that I could not argue with. Hotton a risk, but Bailey Smith is coming off an acl and he is a hot item for Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lindsay vs Hotton+Hynes

Who are people taking?
Depending on what happens up front, and if people throw Murphy Reid in the group of top midfielders.

If 2 of Reid, Smillie, Langford, Smith are available at our picks, then take them. If only one is, I'd trade back.

Never know we could keep sliding Pick 8 for multiple F2, one place at a time, until we are happy or we don't get offers.

If we have 15 and 16 and Hotton is on the board I take the risk. We will have a Smillie/Lalor etc @ 7.

So, in your scenario, I would take Lindsay (as I would take him @ 8 if we have 7 & 8)and probably Hotton.

Smillie
Lindsay
Hotton

from the first round is a haul that I could not argue with. Hotton a risk, but Bailey Smith is coming off an acl and he is a hot item for Geelong.
Shifter Sheahan on Trade Radio this morning said Hotton played 2 of the best games he has witnessed from any of the top15 players before he done his knee

Smillie
Lindsay
Hotton

Lindsay won't be available at 15

What I meant was:

Lindsay (pick 8)
vs
Hotton+Hynes (pick 15&16)

Poor Mini, over before it began

dealt 50 cent GIF

Depending on what happens up front, and if people throw Murphy Reid in the group of top midfielders.

If 2 of Reid, Smillie, Langford, Smith are available at our picks, then take them. If only one is, I'd trade back.

Never know we could keep sliding Pick 8 for multiple F2, one place at a time, until we are happy or we don't get offers.
Can any one explain the practicalities of sliding back.
I.e. if the saints are on the clock with pick 8 and the giants call.
- Can the saints determine the exact player the giants take if we agree to let them trade up? And get them to sign something to ensure they don’t lie and take the player the saints want?

Or is it more based on your educated guess of who they are grabbing? If so, seems a huge risk

That deal going through is going to kill Mini's senior coaching career before it even starts. History will show it as dropping generational talent, heavily linked if Reid walks and probably overwhelming seen as nepotism. SURELY like the Port board the Eagles board put a stop to it and threaten to sack the list management team.

I feel like it's ****ing bizzaro world this trade period.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back