List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm thinking there has to be a curve ball coming. Brisbane wouldn't trade to lose points unless there was something coming back their way.

I don't think we'd essentially take out a loan from Brisbane for something that should be as straightforward as MacRae (if 47 doesn't cut it, we could also swap 2nd or 3rd round picks with each other to balance it out).

I can see SOS agreeing to a slide down of 2nd rounders as part of the Macrae deal, then getting a worse 2nd rounder just to be a campaigner.

I wonder if it's just a swap of seconds, plus our 45.

Happy that Macrae looks like happening, but I reckon that second rounder was a great spot in this year's draft assuming we need 3 live selections.

So 32, 45 & 47 keeps the wolves off our academy kids.
Live trade them all into next year to accumulate a phat stack of points and sell them for another 1stRDP in 2025.

45&47 for MacLobster +F3rd
32 for F2nd + 3rdRDP
3rdRDP for F3rd

2025:
1x 1stRDP
2x 2ndRDP
3x 3rdRDP

Deal doesn't really make sense from a Brisbane point of view they effectively lost points for a pick that will get consumed by the Ashcroft bid. They must have another motive.

I expect there is a part 2 to this trade that we will be part of to square up with Brisbane effectively they are helping us get Macrae done and still hold the right number of picks we want in this draft

Part 2 will involve getting Brisbane and likely related to future picks for their Academy players next year

Of course it is possible they needed 27 to get what they want from another club in futures next year maybe Hawthorn want back in and have the Futures Brisbane need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be nice but why would the WB want two 3rd round picks? They dont have any academy kids that Im aware of, but perhaps they are hoping to grab a fringe player with one of the picks.

45, 47 is worth pick 29, add 49 and they are worth pick 19.

More valuable in this stupid system in a trade to an academy club than you'd think.

Apparently we are going hard for norths 2#
Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Deal doesn't really make sense from a Brisbane point of view they effectively lost points for a pick that will get consumed by the Ashcroft bid. They must have another motive.

I expect there is a part 2 to this trade that we will be part of to square up with Brisbane effectively they are helping us get Macrae done and still hold the right number of picks we want in this draft

Part 2 will involve getting Brisbane and likely related to future picks for their Academy players next year

Of course it is possible they needed 27 to get what they want from another club in futures next year maybe Hawthorn want back in and have the Futures Brisbane need.
They would know which clubs Marshall has spoken to - maybe they reckon 27 is a chance of sneaking inside the bid. They've just removed the most likely bidder from the pecking order. Would be massive for them to get Ashcroft Marshall AND 27

edit: I'm an idiot of course 27 disappears with Ashcroft. Part 2 it is

8 and f1 for 2 now seems more palatable considering we can point to West Coast trade as precedent if Norf push back. Maybe we can package some fringe players to norf as well hehe

The issue is Rawlings always suggests he is willing to trade out of their high picks, but they want the world to get it done and other clubs walk away. He has had plenty of practice over the years and nothing has changed - so unless the penny has dropped it will be tough.

Twomey just suggested Collingwood have shown interest in Tim Membrey.

I wonder if the Brisbane picks swap involves and unofficial Jack Hayes move as a DFA?

Id be disappointed if we weren’t.

What’s the deal looking like.

Pick 2 and their F2 for 8 and our F1?

Is that fair or not?

If they somehow get 13 pick I’d love to do 2+13 for our 7+8 and give extra if needed.
As I said above, West Coast have set the precedent. Only one spot difference and our deal is much better than Carltons crap deal

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back