List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Kemp for 47 is good business. Not sure about 32

Can’t forget he’s also a capable third tall forward and could thrive alongside King and Sharman

So would essentially be covering Battle and Membrey with one player in terms of depth

Maybe 47 + Membrey in a 3-way with Collingwood
Why would the Pies use a trade for Membrey if we havent offered him a contract yet?. They just hold off, wait for him to be delisted, and grab him as a DFA

Why would the Pies use a trade for Membrey if we havent offered him a contract yet?. They just hold off, wait for him to be delisted, and grab him as a DFA
Because they can get rid of a junk pick they were never going to use and guarantee they get Membrey

Your option means they risk us re-signing him which is a very live possibility

No they didn't, they paid pick 3 for pick 12 (15 after bids) and Baker and Owies.

I'm assuming you landed on pick 19 using the DVI points to conclude that they only paid pick 19? They are useless for anything other than matching bids, they have never shown the true value of the earliest picks and this has been conceded by the AFL who have made changes for next year.

This is a disaster for a club so early it's rebuild. They're still at least 3 drafts away from being a finals team and by that point Baker will be in his 30s.

The joke is , that the AFL considered it was unfair that a club winning the Premiership might get pick 1 talent for pick 18, ( if they had to use a first round pick ), and the point system probably addressed that, but with future trading it made it worse.

Kemp is average IMO
He has been playing as the second key defender primarily.

Some will remember him going forward at the end of the season when Curnow and McKay were injured.

He is solid without being spectacular whilst being played out of position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagree with the idea of splitting 8 into later picks - we need to collect elite talent while we can.

But I agree with your point on tall stocks being thin. Maybe we're planning taking the training wheels off and giving Keeler, Heath and Ari a serious crack in the seniors next year with Hammer playing in defence....but that's extremely risky. At this point we either need to land Soldo super cheap or delisting Campbell looks dumb. We need another readymade KPD as well. Imagine if Wilkie gets a long term injury and we're down to Howard, Cordy and Caminiti as key talls all season.
Caminiti won't play back next year if King gets through unscathed then they will move him there, need to have insurance for King at this stage.

If you listen to Tom Morris. Macrae deal doesn't sound like it's going to happen. He says it's a myth Bulldogs want to dump his salary and are happy to keep him. Unless we offer something they can't refuse (which we wont) it probably wont happen

I don't know him - but I don't think we need a Battle replacement - ie like for like

I think we need to replace Battle with a bigger backman - potential KPB -- I liked the sound of the delisted Carlton kid
He isn’t a true key position.

He is more a utility type of tall. 192cm.

Played some midfield in his draft year from memory.

He has been playing as the second key defender primarily.

Some will remember him going forward at the end of the season when Curnow and McKay were injured.

He is solid without being spectacular whilst being played out of position.
Kicked a few goals in a spanking against the Eagles.

He was then very average against us in the finals round and didn't get near it in the final.

I don't think he's being played out of position at all, I think he's found his home in the backline. Where do you think his best position is?

He isn’t a true key position.

He is more a utility type of tall. 192cm.

Played some midfield in his draft year from memory.
He’s kind of a Kmart $1 shop Weddle in some ways

I remember being surprised to see him playing as a key defender

Below is his draft profile for anyone interested

If you listen to Tom Morris. Macrae deal doesn't sound like it's going to happen. He says it's a myth Bulldogs want to dump his salary and are happy to keep him. Unless we offer something they can't refuse (which we wont) it probably wont happen
Oh well he can stay there and play half fwd and the sub then, I bet he will be very happy with that

Kicked a few goals in a spanking against the Eagles.

He was then very average against us in the finals round and didn't get near it in the final.

I don't think he's being played out of position at all, I think he's found his home in the backline. Where do you think his best position is?
He is a third tall.

He is being played as the second key back and often on the main forward so Weitering can cheat and play off his man.

I’ve unfortunately had the pleasure of watching alot of Carlton.

I’m not declaring him a world beater or a star etc.

He is okay. But I also think he is heavily maligned for doing a job that isn’t what he should be asked to do. Often playing above his height and weight class.

Kemp is a good replacement for Skunk/Battle, can play either end of the ground and has played some pretty solid footy the past 18 months. All depends on the cost, can’t see Carlton parting with a young contracted player for anything less than 32 which seems like overs from our perspective. Rate Kemp but think I’d rather back in Arie tbh at his price.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back