List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles basically got Baker and Owies for pick 19ish. Wasn't that bad.
No they didn't, they paid pick 3 for pick 12 (15 after bids) and Baker and Owies.

I'm assuming you landed on pick 19 using the DVI points to conclude that they only paid pick 19? They are useless for anything other than matching bids, they have never shown the true value of the earliest picks and this has been conceded by the AFL who have made changes for next year.

This is a disaster for a club so early it's rebuild. They're still at least 3 drafts away from being a finals team and by that point Baker will be in his 30s.

They would know which clubs Marshall has spoken to - maybe they reckon 27 is a chance of sneaking inside the bid. They've just removed the most likely bidder from the pecking order. Would be massive for them to get Ashcroft Marshall AND 27

edit: I'm an idiot of course 27 disappears with Ashcroft. Part 2 it is
Yep and I expect all the GC Bris and Ess picks currently held in the 20's and 30's will be traded out between now and draft night so there are currently
GC - 23 and 29
Bris 27 and 34
Ess 28 31 and 40

All of these need to be traded before a bid is placed on Lombard, Ashcroft and Kako - Bris and GC will trade into 2025 perfectly positioned to get overs for their picks in terms of Points for next year the advantage of having Academy players year after year means they are playing for points not draft position
Ess a bit of a mess who knows but probably the one to target they have to get out of this draft then try to get back in once the Kako bid is made potentially they will lose going out and going in

How many list spots does Brisbane have? They can only have as many links as open spots, so the loss for them might gain them more points on the night
That's what the Brisbane board seem to think it's about. They can't bid with 45 anyway so may as well get the points upgrade from 32 to 27 (even if it only ends up being pick 30 as opposed to 31 on draft night.)

WTAF are West Coast doing?

Wonder if McQualter got there and said; "Nah, Tommy Barrass is staying put. Work out some other deal for Baker."
Get Baker. Offer whatever it takes. They actually might be really happy with their haul because they got Owies for a good price. A very good price for you my friend.

7 or 8 Guarantees we land 1 maybe 2 of the Mids that are spoken about by everyone.

9,10,11 puts us into Lindsay Travaglia Reid territory
It was based on a premise of Richmond and Melbourne needing KPPs, having taken mids with their earlier picks.

Completely tongue in cheek, I am firmly against trading our F1 and consecutive picks are hugely overrated. Was just meant to be a little call back to the heady days of the 7,8,9 nonsense on here, nothing more

We need more trades to happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup nice private school kids who rather do lines of coke on a contiki yacht in Croatia then in the depths of the disabled toilets in Revs.

Fmd Pelican was a spud.
He was so dreadful.

Enough time has passed that I don't mind sharing the fact that he was active on saintsational potting RL at every turn. Signed up almost to the day that he started working for the club.

Really petty behaviour from someone in such a position.

I would be looking like at splitting 8 into 2 mid to late teens. We need to look at getting a developing key defender and another developing forward.

Use pick 7 on Smilie (imo best mid) and the other 2 for needs which is both book ends. We have Keelor and Heath who should be able to fill for a game or 2 and help out Marshall.

If Membrey goes, our Forward Stocks are King, Sherman and Caminiti. Unfortunately King has found it hard to stay on the park and Caminiti has been used down back at times.

With Battle leaving, we have only Howard and Wilkie who can play on talls.. nothing really in the wings. I hope we try and pry out Serong or Phillips from the hawks as a back up.

He was so dreadful.

Enough time has passed that I don't mind sharing the fact that he was active on saintsational potting RL at every turn. Signed up almost to the day that he started working for the club.

Yet he was seen as the Messiah and the saviour on here and every single Saints SM platform. Hindsight is a wonderful thing eh?

He was so dreadful.

Is that for real? How is that a thing?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back