List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

15 pages since I last checked. 😱
Anything at all interesting for us?
Just heard on the radio that Brendan Bolton is joining our coaching panel.
( hope we didn’t pay with Pick 7…these days you never know 🙄)
WE got him from the eagles along with their future 1st for an old bus ticket and some pocket lint......

yep gave up 2x AA, picked up GOP's on huge coin and Paid a 1st rnd pick for it

and how the Pies get 13 is for Noble, that's the big club tax being paid right there Noble not worth more than a 3rd rounder

imagine the outcry if Higgins got pick 13 and Higgins is a way better player than Noble
I see Noble more as basically part of the bundle of shit trying to add up to a first rounder.

Assuming Houston is worth 2 x 1st rounders, Collingwood give their F1 as one, and then Richards + Noble + 36 to get the other.

Only problem is that two first rounders ultimately went to GC instead of Port lol

we are getting no real in-roads into contracted players

there's a been a lot of god will blown by the dogs. we did them a solid with josh bruce.

Jared Rivers, former Melbourne player. Will be our backline coach. Enright probably director of coaching or senior assistant. He’s being set up to be a senior coach in a couple of years. Wonder where there might be a vacancy for him?
Enright will take over from the boss.

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app

So ports board shut down the Houston/suns/Pies trade.

But west coasts are happy to bend over. I wouldn’t call it a rape because it’s with permission that they are allowing Carlton to have their way.
Let's say that Don Pyke is Dominique Pélicot and WCE is his wife Gisèle (for those that follow Euro news)

Port board bloke broke it down pretty well

Houston - 13, 29 and Richards

future first- Lukosius and Ratkins

Got underpaid for Houston and over paid for Lukosius. Great job Cripps

Port had a contracted 2 x All Australian half back in Houston and got a pick in the teens, a mid 2nd rounder and a B grade/possibly bust young player. Imagine if we traded Sinclair for that?

Then you've got a depth player in Atkins and Lukosius who is a good kick and a decent third tall option but a talent that never quite developed into a midfield prospect as hoped for their 1st round pick next year. **** me. They now have a forward line of mid sized forwards and no true key forward with Dixon retiring. Marshal (injury/concussion prone and not a real big body), Lord (a tall agile forward, still developing and not really a big full forward), Finlayson (agile, leading forward like Lord) and now Lukosius (a leading third tall CHF).

Port have almost bottled this worse than West Coast. At least West Coast got a proven consistently high level player out of it in Baker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port’s board remind me of us on here when Peter Bell bent us over and had his way with us the cheeky kent for Bradley Hill.

Still not over that reaming we copped.
I was definitely not happy with the trade at the time, mostly for throwing Acres away as steak knives at the last minute.

Our first pick, which we traded to Port, ultimately was used on McAsey.

I was always under the impression that the pick we traded to Freo was used on Serong, but it looks like it was traded to Melbourne and used on Pickett.

Funnily enough, it was probably our future second which ended up becoming the best prospect (Max Holmes).

No idea but seems like we're not trading for one. Guess we'll keep a list spot open and invite a couple to train with us in the pre-season
It's a bit of a worry. We obviously had a plan to try and pair Marshall with someone, now we are going to end up with another backup who is most likely not AFL standard.

We really need Heath to take further steps next year, along with Keeler.

I like keeping our powder dry for the draft, the word is two KPP in the first 5 picks, plus an Ashcroft bid.

Even that could change between now and then, could Trainor climb the boards again?

Carlton is now the wildcard card. Everyone assumes they want FOS.

But if Tigers draft FOS where do both Tauru and Armstrong get drafted?

I’ve read and heard that Blues love Tauru. Imagine if they blindsided everyone and jumped up to grab him at 3.

The order then becomes less predictable.

Does Melbourne then reach for Armstrong at 5?

Would North trade back at 6 if both Armstrong and Tauru are gone?

In such a scenario there could a chance to jump up to pick 6 where only three of the cream mids have been drafted.

Nothing is certain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back