List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know. For my part I am sceptical about the importance of line coaches in setting strategy. The sport has moved a hundred miles away from there being three fragmented siloes on the ground which can be delegated to three different tacticians. I assume that Ross sets the whole of ground strategy, in consultation with the other coaches, and then line coaches are responsible for the day to day coaching of particular players, but consistently with the overarching strategy. For that reason, pinning blame on Harvey for the forward entries seems very naive to me.

Returning then to your question, I like the Bolton appointment because he comes from some very successful clubs, will have valuable intel about other teams and players, and seems like a good likeable personality to boot. It's very important for coaching panels to get this sort of regular cross-fertilisation from other clubs, which has not happened for us for two years.

Damn, just wrote exactly the same thing. You said what I meant more eloquently.

So if we swapped our second rounder for a second and third from Brisbane, then we're about to trade for someone at a club that needs points to bid.

So is that Kemp or Kennedy (or both)?
**** Kemp, Not a position of need, and not that good. Kennedy could be a lower cost version of McRae.

That would interest me.

Gold coast get to re-fill their never ending pile of first-round picks. We had to scrap and manipulate deals to get a second first rounder lol.

Gave up a lot to get them and probably pretty ordinary picks.

That'd be nice but it seems unlikely when you see the offers for 13 and 14 already

A future first and second.

In that deal we are getting 14 for a future first and still managing to move up from 8 to 6.
I’d give them an F1+ F2 for that deal if they gave us an F3 back

Unless we can conjure up getting pick 2. If not , I agree keeping picks 7 & 8

This - and futures used only if another club wants to give us a better than reasonable return (top 12).

I think that the tide will turn and clubs will look to move picks into next year on draft night when their targets aren't available.

I'd be very happy with

Richmond gets: 8, F1st (STK), F2nd(STK)
St Kilda gets: 6, 14

They are on record wanting to spread their picks across two years, you can't have 8 first rounders come in this year.

Remember we have already offered F1 and F2 for 13 so the precedent is there.

The cherry on top would be 8 into 6 which forces North to pick Tauru at 2 allowing another mid to slide to us.

If 6, 7 and 14 was our draft hand I will forgive Higgins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know. For my part I am sceptical about the importance of line coaches in setting strategy. The sport has moved a hundred miles away from there being three fragmented siloes on the ground which can be delegated to three different tacticians. I assume that Ross sets the whole of ground strategy, in consultation with the other coaches, and then line coaches are responsible for the day to day coaching of particular players, but consistently with the overarching strategy. For that reason, pinning blame on Harvey for the forward entries seems very naive to me.

Returning then to your question, I like the Bolton appointment because he comes from some very successful clubs, will have valuable intel about other teams and players, and seems like a good likeable personality to boot. It's very important for coaching panels to get this sort of regular cross-fertilisation from other clubs, which has not happened for us for two years.

Agree with this,.

Drives me nuts when a particular line coach cops the entire blame for a failures in a given area on field.

Let’s trade Steele for P9

Let’s trade Sincs for P3

King for 9
xXZR6l6.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back