List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree. He’s not average.

He’s shit.
I'm with Hanners on this one...we can aim higher. Lift your game SOS.

Does Dalrymple get the right to veto?

the interest in Kemp is simply so they’re forced to over pay him on a longer contract and further cook their salary cap in a similar fashion to what we did with weitering. They’ve already go half their salary cap tied up in 6 players.
The real target is dekoning in 12 months with a contract the blues can’t get near.

before anyone comes at me for a source, this is completely fabricated.

the interest in Kemp is simply so they’re forced to over pay him on a longer contract and further cook their salary cap in a similar fashion to what we did with weitering. They’ve already go half their salary cap tied up in 6 players.
The real target is dekoning in 12 months with a contract the blues can’t get near.

before anyone comes at me for a source, this is completely fabricated.
I'm not sure we should overpay a ruck like TDK when we already have an AA level ruckman. I like him but not 1.5m like him.

Don't know. For my part I am sceptical about the importance of line coaches in setting strategy. The sport has moved a hundred miles away from there being three fragmented siloes on the ground which can be delegated to three different tacticians. I assume that Ross sets the whole of ground strategy, in consultation with the other coaches, and then line coaches are responsible for the day to day coaching of particular players, but consistently with the overarching strategy. For that reason, pinning blame on Harvey for the forward entries seems very naive to me.

My understanding is that they all develop the strategy, with Ross having final call, then the line coaches do man management of the individuals.

7 & 8 not enough?
You look at it from our perspective, he was a top 5 talent who did an ACL and slid to pick 17 because he would miss his entire 1st season at AFL level who we then built up slowly to get his body right. He locked down a position as a 3rd tall defender last year and has played virtually every game since then. 2 weeks to go in the season and we lose Curnow and Mckay and throw him forward against Mcgovern and he kicks 4 having never trained at AFL level to play forward.

At 23 he looks every bit a 200 game player with a heap more upside to come who has just shown us a glipse into a future as an elite swingman, is contracted and has no desire to leave the club.

Forget 7/8, Tell me why we would even entertain the idea of trading him right now?

You look at it from our perspective, he was a top 5 talent who did an ACL and slid to pick 17 because he would miss his entire 1st season at AFL level who we then built up slowly to get his body right. He locked down a position as a 3rd tall defender last year and has played virtually every game since then. 2 weeks to go in the season and we lose Curnow and Mckay and throw him forward against Mcgovern and he kicks 4 having never trained at AFL level to play forward.

At 23 he looks every bit a 200 game player with a heap more upside to come who has just shown us a glipse into a future as an elite swingman, is contracted and has no desire to leave the club.

Forget 7/8, Tell me why we would even entertain the idea of trading him right now?
rather give a miss, keep our picks.

Deals don’t break this late unless the interest is there from all parties and they don’t break simultaneously across the main reporting journos if it can’t be done.

What it will cost? Probably our #32

Seems like it was a fishing expedition. A trade doesn't seem to work for either team.

No need us getting upset at blues fans wanting a kings ransom for us, nor for blues fans getting upset at saints fans not rating a bloke that most of us wouldn't be able to pick out of a line up.

Why did SOS meet with his management today?

rather give a miss, keep our picks.

I’ll repeat my opinion. He’s average. Bog average.

He’s a left field suggestion to fill a hole. I get that. But he’s just not very good.

Others may disagree and that’s fair enough. But as far as I’m concerned Carlton can keep him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll repeat my opinion. He’s average. Bog average.

He’s a left field suggestion to fill a hole. I get that. But he’s just not very good.

Others may disagree and that’s fair enough. But as far as I’m concerned Carlton can keep him.

Why do you think he's so average? Played every game this year and stats look ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deals don’t break this late unless the interest is there from all parties and they don’t break simultaneously across the main reporting journos if it can’t be done.

What it will cost? Probably our #32
Pick 32 would not even start a negoitation, you would be told to move along without even recieving a counter offer.

Why do you think he's so average? Played every game this year and stats look ok.

He’s not always composed. Can be fumbly. Often lacks spatial awareness when the heat is on around him.

I saw Carlton play several times this year and I thought he was a weak link when the pressure was on. Stats don’t always tell this story.

Again, just my opinion. Others may disagree. But I just don’t think he’s very good.

Pick 32 would not even start a negoitation, you would be told to move along without even recieving a counter offer.
Your cap is rooted mate, you are begging us to take his salary. Same situation with Kennedy and why you couldn’t offer Owies the lucrative contract he deserved.

So we’re all happy in the end?!

Seems like it was a fishing expedition. A trade doesn't seem to work for either team.

No need us getting upset at blues fans wanting a kings ransom for us, nor for blues fans getting upset at saints fans not rating a bloke that most of us wouldn't be able to pick out of a line up.
SOS doing typical SOS things, falls in loves with players he drafted and tries to bring them with him.

Dow, Stocker, tried Weitering and now Kemp, TDK will be next and then he is fresh out of options besides his son.

💯

You have to wonder why the Kemp interest has only just surfaced on the 2nd last day. He hasnt asked for a trade and Carlton hold all the cards because with he being contracted and how we have approached it. Why would we put ourselves in this position for a player like Kemp? Are there other things or motivation at play here?

SOS doing typical SOS things, falls in loves with players he drafted and tries to bring them with him.

Dow, Stocker, tried Weitering and now Kemp, TDK will be next and then he is fresh out of options besides his son.
Are there any GWS players left? Could a pick 58 for 59 shake them out? SOS would love it.

Sounds like we'd need a pick in the 20s at minimum to get him (contracted, young, wanted, KPP kinda, not shit)

Dunno where that comes from.

Lasy day always throws up surprises but I doubt he'll be a Saint in 24 hours.

Be happy with the lobster.
It’s extraordinary. We would be way better off just taking a DFA or state leaguer for a year and see what we can shake out. But a much bigger one!

I'll tell you why. Because its literally been reported that Carlton are open to the idea?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back