List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting Macrae offsets the Battle loss, our improvement next year will then come down to our overall squad development.

Hopefully we also pickup some guns in the draft or though they are unlikely to have a major impact on our ladder position next year.
We get a lot better if the following happens IMO:
-King to be healthy and consistent
-Full season from Pou in the midfield at a standard he showed he can deliver
-Less injuries overall. A fit Henry, Hill and Wilson gives us a lot of run.
-Improved coaching - Thought we went into our shell too easily this year. Have to keep playing daring footy. Improved injuries should help with that.

Barrett is a classical example of how mediocrity rises in most organisations in today's society.

Why? I wrote and presented a paper on it to one of the big four banks. All of the attendees thought I was basing my findings on their competitors, when in fact they were right in the mix.

Mediocrity doesn't challenge the status quo, feeds the egos of those above him/her (arse licker), while treating equals and subordinates with contempt, and devotes all their energy to managing their brilliant careers rather than doing their designated job.

It would be interesting to "shadow" Barrett for a few days. I've always disliked him, and not only because of the vituperative shit he regularly spews at our club. A very inadequate type of individual in an industry full of similar creatures.
You've just described the entire population of Singapore! An entire nation of middle-men and home to APAC "hubs" for just about every multi-national on the planet! Ironic for a place that Raffles established to get around onerous port taxes in the region!

I'm currently extricating myself from a "dotted line" link to the place, because I detest the "success by suction" attitude that is endemic.......

Last edited:
Preuss with a 1 year contract with a trigger (games played) for a 2nd.

If he gets his body right, awesome! If not he's only on our list for a year and costs us nothing.

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Preuss, seriously just take a look at his record why would anyone offer this guy another chance. Do you know he was originally drafted as a rookie in 2014, the same draft as Sinclair.

There will be other options, I’d rather run with Heath and Keeler than bring in a player like this.

Preuss, seriously just take a look at his record why would anyone offer this guy another chance. Do you know he was originally drafted as a rookie in 2014, the same draft as Sinclair.

There will be other options, I’d rather run with Heath and Keeler than bring in a player like this.
If Preuss was 200cm he’d have been out of the league YEARS ago.

Absolute potato.

I feel we and a few other clubs failed to clue into the "secret draft hack that Geelong and a couple of others have worked out" (clickbait lingo for the millennial in here)

Keep a few 3rd & 4th round picks that will jump up the order as the picks around them get eaten up with bid matching on academy and fs players.

Our pick 32 won't be affected but that 47 might, as will all 3 of the Cats picks.
We will probably use those late picks on our own nga/fs players.

And we slid pick 27 to pick 32 which will remain at 32 due to picks disappearing and being created.

Might have been mentioned already, but surely we can talk to Richmond about 10 or 11 this year, for our future pick(s).
Has anyone got news on that?
I wouldn't be surprised if Richmond make a go at North's pick 2. North would demand Pick 6 (pretty sure they've said they don't want to slide very much if they give up pick 2), and Richmond has such an embarrassment of picks they can be a little wasteful/generous.

eg.

In: Pick 2, Furture 2nd
Out: Pick 6, 11 & 24.

As for the Saints, I'd really like us to use of F1 to get another pick in this years top 15 or so. I see the list changes being something like this.

IN: Jack Macrae / Pick 7 / Pick 8 / Pick 32 / Pick 47-DFA-PSP / Elwood Peckett / Lennox Hofmann / Adrian Cole / Max Hall *

OUT: Tom Campbell / Riley Bonner / Matt Allison / James Van Es / Seb Ross / Josh Battle / Tim Membrey / Ben Paton * / Brad Crouch *

I'd reaaalllly like to roll Picks 32 & 47 into the Hawks F2 that was sent to West Coast. On 2024 ladder positions, WC has 3, 13, 21, 31, 39, 49, 75 in 2025, with pick 31 being the Hawks F2. WC have picks 12 and 26 before their next pick at 73, and they'll want to have something in between fort Malakia Champion. A F2 gives us a little more trading ammo in case we do make a play for a Finn Callaghan or similar.

I'd also love it if we traded our F1 into a top 15 pick this year. I think Richmond's pick 11 would be my target (Ignoring my Tigers/Roos trade mentioned above). They need to move a couple of these high picks into 2025 and our F1 would be one of the most attractive in the comp. I'd discuss F1 and F3 for Pick 11 (on 2024 standings, that would be pick 7 and 43 for pick 11, which is pretty damned generous. Maybe Richmond's F4 would need to come back, which is 55 on current standings).

Would give us...
IN: Pick 11, F2 (Hawks pick from WC), F4 (Rich)
OUT: F1, Pick 32, Pick 47, F3,

2024 Draft and Trade: Pick 7, Pick 8, Pick 11, Cole, Hoffman, Peckett, Macrea, DFA/PSP, Hall*
2025 Draft: F2 (StK), F2 (Haw), F4 (Rich), F4 (StK)

I wouldn't be surprised if Richmond make a go at North's pick 2. North would demand Pick 6 (pretty sure they've said they don't want to slide very much if they give up pick 2), and Richmond has such an embarrassment of picks they can be a little wasteful/generous.

eg.

As for the Saints, I'd really like us to use of F1 to get another pick in this years top 15 or so. I see the list changes being something like this.

IN: Jack Macrae / Pick 7 / Pick 8 / Pick 32 / Pick 47-DFA-PSP / Elwood Peckett / Lennox Hofmann / Adrian Cole / Max Hall *

OUT: Tom Campbell / Riley Bonner / Matt Allison / James Van Es / Seb Ross / Josh Battle / Tim Membrey / Ben Paton * / Brad Crouch *

I'd reaaalllly like to roll Picks 32 & 47 into the Hawks F2 that was sent to West Coast. On 2024 ladder positions, WC has 3, 13, 21, 31, 39, 49, 75 in 2025, with pick 31 being the Hawks F2. WC have picks 12 and 26 before their next pick at 73, and they'll want to have something in between fort Malakia Champion. A F2 gives us a little more trading ammo in case we do make a play for a Finn Callaghan or similar.

I'd also love it if we traded our F1 into a top 15 pick this year. I think Richmond's pick 11 would be my target (Ignoring my Tigers/Roos trade mentioned above). They need to move a couple of these high picks into 2025 and our F1 would be one of the most attractive in the comp. I'd discuss F1 and F3 for Pick 11 (on 2024 standings, that would be pick 7 and 43 for pick 11, which is pretty damned generous. Maybe Richmond's F4 would need to come back, which is 55 on current standings).

Would give us...

2024 Draft and Trade: Pick 7, Pick 8, Pick 11, Cole, Hoffman, Peckett, Macrea, DFA/PSP, Hall*
Love the thought that you’ve put into this. But peg me dead I have no far king idea what is going on 😂

Is Brayden Crossley a delisted free agent?

Handy for those of you at home trying to figure out list spots.

Pretty sure Sharman is no longer a rookie, with his 2 year contract the other month. Leaves us with the following rookies.

Rookies: Jack Hayes, Max Hall, Max Heath, Anthony Caminiti
Cat B: Angus McLennan, Liam O'Connell

We have 34 on the primary list currently (including Macrea), likely to drop to 32 with Membrey (FA) and Paton (delisted).

Screenshot 2024-10-17 at 10.21.14.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eg.

Would give us...

No way we’re swapping 32 for an F2

If there was ever a year to use a second round pick, this is the year. So much talent

Yeah, I agree, think Dodson or Gerryn should be in the frame at pick 32, if Jones's body holds up, rover position is his, allowing Sinclair to rotate with him.
I think Dodson will go pretty early, comparative to his draft ranking. He's the standout ruckman of the draft by a fair margin it seams. Would need an early 20's pick to be comfortable.

I’ve crunched some numbers and have looked at the current picks of each team.

I’ve assumed Ashcroft is bid by pick 3, Kako by pick 10 and Lombard by pick 15 (all extremely likely).

Sydney currently has picks 19 & 22. Those picks will become 22 and 25 after those three bids are matched.

Saints pick 32 will stay pick 32, while our pick 47 will probably become pick 41.

The gap between Sydney’s picks and our picks will close significantly. Something to consider if using future picks to help get a better draft hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lombard will be bud on in the top 10 I'm predicting.

Edit: why did I say "bid" with a NZ accent?

The Kemp situation is pretty annoying, I dare say if the Dogs didn't sit on their hands all trade period then it could've been worked.

So we offered our F2, they wanted 32, credit Stav for the info.

It would've been our freebie pick from GWS for Kemp & Macrae, which would fill our biggest 2 positional needs within our best 22.

One look at Carltons draft hand sees them stacked for late picks for the twins, that's unfortunate because we would've loved then no doubt. They had also traded their F1, so again, hamstrung for late future picks.

Geelong had minimum chips in the way of late picks with only 3 selections, Dogs had nothing late either. Seems both clubs wanted to keep all of their future picks.

So back to Sam Power, they had to send that on to the Cats anyway. A week of posturing for 2 spot improvement, then to swap with Cats for a 7 spot improvement with Smith. He is clutching at nothing but other clubs deal in good faith and practically give away picks.

It's a shame considering all 4 clubs were involved in the trade, with more time to haggle I reckon Kemp would've been a Saints player.

The Kemp situation is pretty annoying, I dare say if the Dogs didn't sit on their hands all trade period then it could've been worked.

It would've been our freebie pick from GWS for Kemp & Macrae, which would fill our biggest 2 positional needs within our best 22.

One look at Carltons draft hand sees them stacked for late picks for the twins, that's unfortunate because we would've loved then no doubt. They had also traded their F1, so again, hamstrung for late future picks.

Geelong had minimum chips in the way of late picks with only 3 selections, Dogs had nothing late either. Seems both clubs wanted to keep all of their future picks.

So back to Sam Power, they had to send that on to the Cats anyway. A week of posturing for 2 spot improvement, then to swap with Cats for a 7 spot improvement with Smith. He is clutching at nothing but other clubs deal in good faith and practically give away picks.

It's a shame considering all 4 clubs were involved in the trade, with more time to haggle I reckon Kemp would've been a Saints player.
Yeah I reckon missing out on Kemp could burn us to an extent. Maybe not as bad as Xerri but Kemp was a top 5 prospect in his draft year before an ACL. AFL regular, 23 years old, fills a positional need, and would only cost pick 32 + junk

Missed opportunity

wonder if we tried F2 and swap 32 for 38 for Kemp ?

8 + 32 + F2

For

15+16+21

Made on draft night on the clock for P7

I'm glad I saw that last sentence, I was very ready to say it would want to be a live trade. That F2 could be important for an academy club, but it would mean F1 would probably be kept.

Regarding our F1, unless we can wrangle a bunch of late picks in either draft, we have backed ourselves into a corner a little bit with point for our freebie kids not there.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back