List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

History gripe: for his first 20 games at St Kilda, Ackland was very good. Finished 8th in the B&F in 2005 (in a quality year with three AAs, and a B&F winner who was not AA). He hurt his knee late in the season and was never the same.
I was gonna say, I have memories of ackland taking a series of mini knee in the back speccies for us that year, he was good

I visited the crows board to see who they think they would take in the draft and noticed NWM ( Pou also featured) mentioned a couple times on the latest page. Ran a search of their forum for NWM and turns out he's been a bit of a talking point to trade for him. Couple tried floating trades this year which was obviously never gonna happen but seems he is a big target next year as he comes ooc?

Is that a realistic target? Should we be watching what they do with futures? I'd have NWM in the untouchable bracket and can't think of a package they could offer that would make us feel like winners of the trade. Or is this just one of those things we will have to put up with consistently due to SA origins. I also wouldn't consider Pou to be traded.

It’s not surprising that the Crows board will target NWM. He’s from SA and he’s a star.

It’s up to us to lock the lad up early. Offer him a long term deal. Front load it if necessary.

It’s been commented that he has now settled in Melbourne and has laid down some roots in his life here. He also seems to be very happy at the club with a young group developing together.

It’s a predatory competition. We should prioritise the long term re-contracting of NWM, Phillipou and Wilson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not surprising that the Crows board will target NWM. He’s from SA and he’s a star.

It’s up to us to lock the lad up early. Offer him a long term deal. Front load it if necessary.

It’s been commented that he has now settled in Melbourne and has laid down some roots in his life here. He also seems to be very happy at the club with a young group developing together.

It’s a predatory competition. We should prioritise the long term re-contracting of NWM, Phillipou and Wilson.

We should be aggressively targeting some of theirs.

It’s debatable based on who we draft or how we use that pick.

8 + 32 for 15+16+21 could potentially be considered a win aswell.

Unless there is someone we really love at 8 then I would do that.

Gives us 4 first round picks in an even draft.

We need to lock NWM in a dungeon and only let him out to sign a lengthy contract extension and game day.

Born to be a Saint.

1729136098910.png

The aim is to improve our list through the draft.

We've been bringing in bog average players for 10 years and it's got us nowhere. We finally have a good core of kids coming through to build around.
Agree. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Obviously, unless you can land free agents you have to spend draft capital to improve your list through the trade period. We've stated for months that we were intending to hit the draft this year.

Accordingly, we were never seriously in the mix for guys like Houston, even Kemp. We had decided to sit on our hands during this trade period. I have no problem with that.

Pundits rating each clubs position after the trade period make me laugh. It's not something you can do until the draft is over. Even then you can't do it properly for a couple of years.

For example who won the Tim Kelly trade from Geelong to the Eagles? Kelly was in the best 10 players in the comp when he was traded but cost the Eagles 4 good picks. Given how sh.it they've become did they sell their future for little gain?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From Cockburn too!
Massive positive.

His stats look good will search to see if there is any footage available of him.

Link of some small snippets. Has a really good leap and from what I saw looks like a cross between Stanley & Blicavs.

WAFL Highlights: East Fremantle v Claremont

And and article - https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiU9I-jx5SJAxV9qFYBHQoLEZcQFnoECBUQAQ&url=https://wafc.com.au/news/25510/hard-work-staying-ready-pays-off-for-sharks-ruckman&usg=AOvVaw3YaZKXIY5o9CPeDi_oCgKR&opi=89978449

Last edited:
Kemps highlights looked impressive. But he has got a history of being unavailable for selection.

I’m not prepared to say it was a good or bad move until i see who we get at 32, or whether we deal it for a better draft hand.

But our unwillingness to depart with the pick suggests we know what it’s worth is.

Any connections we have to Kemp now (SOS / Dow / Stocker) won’t go away over the next 12 months. Patience may be the right play.

Reminds me of an article I read about Albanese. They referred to him as a midwit displaying all those mediocre traits listed above.
He is the poster boy for the mediocrity movement. Proof positive that literally anyone can get the top job. He's never held a job outside the industry of politics, and even then he relied on factional machinations to squeeze into the prime ministership.

Now that the polls have turned away from Labor, watch the party dump him before the next election for the heir apparent, Jim Chalmers. Think back to the ruthless axing of Bill Hayden for Bob Hawke in 1983. History will repeat.

He is the poster boy for the mediocrity movement. Proof positive that literally anyone can get the top job. He's never held a job outside the industry of politics, and even then he relied on factional machinations to squeeze into the prime ministership.

Now that the polls have turned away from Labor, watch the party dump him before the next election for the heir apparent, Jim Chalmers. Think back to the ruthless axing of Bill Hayden for Bob Hawke in 1983. History will repeat.
Is Jim Chalmers a back-up ruck?

Or Bill Hayden a third tall defender?

Spare us your irrelevant bullsh*t, champ.

8 + 32 + F2

For

15+16+21

Made on draft night on the clock for P7
Have thought the same thing, I think it works for both parties. Would prefer a smaller slide with Richmond's 10/11 + 18/20, but just to explore this some more...

Very interested to see what they do with Josh Fahey. AFAIK they only have 4 free list spots and he's the only player without a contract, but also has a six-match ban hanging over his head.

Delist and they can take 15,16,21,37,56 to the draft. 74 lost to the ether. Will get smashed for hanging him out to dry.

Retain and they can only take 15,16,21,37, and need to consolidate picks beforehand or shift into the future.

Cats/Dogs are the only clubs that might realistically be willing to offer an F1 for 15 or 16, but they could end up very late firsts in a heavily compromised first round - would the Giants accept?

37 feels a bit late for someone to trade for an F2 and 21 is far too early (unless it's Richmond, but they are hardly short on picks), so they might need to get creative if they are the picks they try to shift.

Seems like the best move for them will be to trade up, and I think 8 will be the best pick on the table. We should haggle the F2 down to an F3, or get their F3 back, as it might have to be done before the draft order is locked, and not on the clock (when more generous offers may have come).

Also would live trade 16 to Essendon for their F1, post Kako. That's gonna be a top 5 pick IMO. Still can't believe this is allowed from Essendon's POV but Cal seemed to indicate it is.

We got linked to this bloke by the West Australian a couple of days ago…

View attachment 2145669

Beat me to it , was looking at ruck stats at WAFL level and he stood out as someone who could win a hit out and still get possessions around the ground.

Fair improvement this year was a reserves player before halfway through the year.

Stumbled across the article , Geelong also interested.

Need to get NAS a Instagram influencer girlfriend that doesn't want to go anywhere near Adelaide.

I'd like to see him offered the same kind of contract Max King has been offered. From performance so far, NWM is ahead of Max and I'd be very happy to lock away for as long as possible. Potential AA.

Unless there is someone we really love at 8 then I would do that.

Gives us 4 first round picks in an even draft.

How much extra time do we get after taking pick 7 and possibly doing a deal with 8?
Assume we would have put plenty of feelers out to Tigers and GWS beforehand and if we don’t get someone on our wanted list at 8 would bring in the split then.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back