Player Watch #32: Toby Pink - signed as a DFA - welcome Toby BFNAAK

Remove this Banner Ad

9 touches no goals
some shit disposal also

Lift your standards people

If this were CCJ he’d be ridiculed

This guy should not be getting games over anyone
He was clean below the knees, brought the ball to ground, and didn't make any big errors that I recall. Larkey got off the chain. Doubt it's too much of a coincidence.

No one is saying he's a decade long lock or anything, mostly just that right now he's he's meting the floor required for a second tall forward while the VFL folks develop and acclimatize, and you never know if there's more improvement to come while he holds his spot.

He was clean below the knees, brought the ball to ground, and didn't make any big errors that I recall. Larkey got off the chain. Doubt it's too much of a coincidence.

No one is saying he's a decade long lock or anything, mostly just that right now he's he's meting the floor required for a second tall forward while the VFL folks develop and acclimatize, and you never know if there's more improvement to come while he holds his spot.
I’d rather get games into others

Teakle in to be the forward/relief ruck

Ford into the 22

Hell even sellers getting another chance

I’d rather get games into others

Teakle in to be the forward/relief ruck

Ford into the 22

Hell even sellers getting another chance
If the club is confident the other player would meet the same threshold, that makes sense. But in this case, when Larkey in particular but realistically the entire forward line, needs a second tall that is able to actually have an impact on the oppositions setup... Then Pink is probably the best candidate at the moment. At the least he has the best exposed form, yeah?

If the club is confident the other player would meet the same threshold, that makes sense. But in this case, when Larkey in particular but realistically the entire forward line, needs a second tall that is able to actually have an impact on the oppositions setup... Then Pink is probably the best candidate at the moment. At the least he has the best exposed form, yeah?
Drew his defender away from the contest , ccj stood round like a stale bottle of piss clogging uo the fwd line.

9 touches no goals
some shit disposal also

Lift your standards people

If this were CCJ he’d be ridiculed

This guy should not be getting games over anyone
If this was CCJ Nick Larkey would have struggled to kick 2 goals as CCJ would have either dragged across his opponent or knocked Nick over.

It’s not my fault if you can’t recognise he had a role to play which was to drag the West Coast defender out of Larkey’s space to give him more one on one situations.

Pinks living in your head rent free. He’s. no world beater but he isn’t brain dead like CCJ, so poor example to go with.

Very well said Dev. Doing his job, not a superstar never will be just a role player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He doesn't need to blow the doors off..he has enough size that the opposition is forced to put a tall defender on him. Multiple times against WC he provided a contest down the line for the half backmen to aim at. So Larkey didnt have to and drew the quality defender up the ground.

Souv had, for the first time this year, genuine 1v1 and space to work in. Something CCJ doens't provide.

That is why Pink is getting a game. Hes been told "fill this role" and hes taking his shot. Good on him. I think his story is excellent. (Like Kallan Dawsons who is also taking his chance with both hands)

He doesn't need to blow the doors off..he has enough size that the opposition is forced to put a tall defender on him. Multiple times against WC he provided a contest down the line for the half backmen to aim at. So Larkey didnt have to and drew the quality defender up the ground.

Souv had, for the first time this year, genuine 1v1 and space to work in. Something CCJ doens't provide.

That is why Pink is getting a game. Hes been told "fill this role" and hes taking his shot. Good on him. I think his story is excellent. (Like Kallan Dawsons who is also taking his chance with both hands)
the question is does old mate not watch the game or simply dismisses what he doesnt want to see?

I think the coaching staff need some credit here. After those first few games in defence before being dropped (playing with a horribly out of form Corr and LMac) he looked destined for VFL match payments till the end of the year.

But he was originally drafted by the Swans as a forward, and so the move there made sense. He is playing his role and I thought it was his best game for the team in his short career.

If the coaches can eke out another 10-20% improvement in him along with the confidence of winning, he might well get another year as a role player. I think it’s a great story at his age to get a shot playing at the highest level. Seems like a really nice no fuss guy to boot.

I think the coaching staff need some credit here. After those first few games in defence before being dropped (playing with a horribly out of form Corr and LMac) he looked destined for VFL match payments till the end of the year.

But he was originally drafted by the Swans as a forward, and so the move there made sense. He is playing his role and I thought it was his best game for the team in his short career.

If the coaches can eke out another 10-20% improvement in him along with the confidence of winning, he might well get another year as a role player. I think it’s a great story at his age to get a shot playing at the highest level. Seems like a really nice no fuss guy to boot.
i think he is a temporary fix but hey if he can show improvement the spots his to lose, also shows some versatility that will increase hos currency as a depth player if we unearth a better option. . but definitely filling a void atm. precisely the kind of mature aged speculative rookie draft pick to take a punt on.

I agree, he is there to play a role until we get a 2nd key fwd either via draft or free agency.

There will probably be a waite, hogan type who needs a new club for redemption or last chance saloon.

We have to make do with what we have, and at the moment this guy is better at CHF than any other options we have (Comben aside - but I get the desire to keep him back for now). Need to find a significant upgrade in the off season, but for now just needs to compete and not be beaten as much as possible. Ticked that box on the weekend, so that will do.

Frankly, would rather him than a fit CCJ based on output to date. That is not saying much I know.

If we had a gun crumber, the whole forward line would look a lot more dangerous even with Pink at CHF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back